Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wheel Color on my 60 Falcon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Falcon Gasser, Jun 26, 2011.

?

What color should I paint the wheels

Poll closed Jul 3, 2011.
  1. Stay with white

25 vote(s)
    61.0%
  2. Go with red

11 vote(s)
    26.8%
  3. Nice low key silver

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. pin wheel triangle in opposite directions front back

2. Taste is subjective,some like Vanilla ice cream while others may prefer Neapolitan.

IMHO,your Falcon is reminiscent of the street strip cars of the 60's,,I also recall some cars of that period that were nothing more than glorified circus wagons.:rolleyes:

It's your car,,it's your choice.HRP

3. The_Monster

The_Monster

I like the full moons and the black/white 1/4 wedges in rear

[​IMG]

4. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I like #2 or #3 but keep the white wheels.

5. norm ricardo

norm ricardo

6. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

RIGHT ON, Hotrodprimer!

The car's clean look is reminiscent of the 'businesslike' attitude of the '60s, mainly the 'pro-campaigned' cars. Many of the 'also-rans' painted their cars up to get some attention, but the true Performance-minded racers (like Gas Rhonda, Grumpy Jenkins, Tommy Groves, Dick Landy, et al) kept the machines clean and functional.

Red wheels look like the majority of 'newbys' around the area where I live.
    A prominent model car 'guru' told me to lose the Palemides wheels on my F100. "That truck needs red wheels," he advised me. I laughed.

7. be bold paint the tires

8. torino_Joe

torino_Joe

9. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

Well said. Sometimes "less is more".

10. Verminator

Verminator

I dig the red roof idea, but the 1/2 and 1/2's don't help the car pop -- they're only different. Maybe cragars, keystones, slots or tork thrusts up front with the white rears

11. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

It looks all business right now and I love it, but half whilte half black rear wheels would look cool to. Didn't they used to paint the rear wheels like that for some reason back in the day? I thought I heard there was some function to that and it wasn't for looks?

12. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

This combo would be super cool!

As Mutley said, with white wheels up front though..... Beast!

HC.

13. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

[​IMG]

There has been some great photoshop ideas and thanks to everyones input. I really like the half black/white rear wheels and leaving the fronts white. The red/white in the rear just did not "pop" for me. The one good thing is its a steel wheel that can be repainted if it does not look like what I hoped it would. The one comment made and is most true is about looking for more when its good as it is. As all of us know is it ever really done?? Thanks everyone for the great input and keep it coming and I will post a new picture when I finish.

Jon

14. hows about something different then? cragar s/s's up front white and black rears

15. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Thanks for the suggestion but I am going to work with the wheels I have for now, but Cragars are nice.

Jon