Register now to get rid of these ads!

For you Edsel lovers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hivolt5.0, May 23, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Vid with the '58 from above in it.

"Anatomy of a Murder" made in 1960 starring James Stewart and Lee Remick, about 39-40 minutes into the action - Stewart's and Remick's characters are sitting in his open convertible outside the jail. Parked behind Stewart is a 1959 Edsel Ranger 2-door sedan police car.

This movie was filmed on location in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in 1959. There are lots of good cars in it. Interesting however there are no leaves on the trees and background passers-by are wearing coats, hats, and gloves. However Stewart's car is always seen with the top down, Remick is in sporty summer attire, and the staged kids playing ball are also dressed for summer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Snapped down in TN, this old Edsel police car was just left in some vacant lot.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  2. I thought this was cute....
    [​IMG]

3. edsel.fi

edsel.fi

some...

Attached Files:

4. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Danglers old wagon ----- 3rd pic top row. I wish I coulda managed to snag that one. It needed some floors but was set up pretty cool with 4 buckets and air ride.

I think I may need to stage a pic with my kid like that, head in the collar ha ha.

5. M.Edell

M.Edell

Man look at this Thread go!!

Spooky likes this.
  6. hotdamn

hotdamn

yea that wagon was the radness!

I found a MINT 58 wagon when I lived in chattanooga that an old man had bought new and kept it pristine until he passed away and had it in his will that the car was to be sold for what he paid for it new...

I was 22 and couldn't scrounge up $1,500. I was quite heart broken, but thankfully it went to an Edsel collector in Florida. At least it wasnt some guy that would cut up such a clean original car!

7. edsel.fi

edsel.fi

more internet picrures...

most taken from www.fuzzudize.com, best american car page in Sweeden!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  8. edsel.fi

edsel.fi

intresting radio setup:

Attached Files:

9. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Thats a pretty cool idea. i would gut mine but it still works! Once the tubes get warm you can hear a faint crackle and pop. I checked all the AM stations and the only one that comes in with any consistancy is Catholic Mass from the Portuguese churches out in Gustine. I dont speak Portuguese and I am not Catholic. We pulled the power wire to that stereo and wired it to a hidden CD player.

I really like that idea though, theres nothing I dislike more than a neat old dash getting cut up to stick a hunk of plastic through. On top of that, the most it seems I can get out of a CD player anymore is about 4 years and then it craps out.

10. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

Thats a great idea!! Talk about hiding in plain sight.
    Power, speaker and antenna wires are there already and I could put two CD players in the space my broke stock radio takes up ..looks like another HAMB idea I'm stealing.. ....

11. I was nice to see all the Edsels. I had a buddy I worked with in the Marine Corps back in the 80's that had two of them. Brought me in a vacuum motor one day to see if I could rebuild it for him. We got it working, he later told me that it was the windshield wiper motor. I had no idea, but it was cool

12. Rev 6.2

Rev 6.2

Are all repalcement panels generic for Edsels?

13. csclassics

csclassics

Cool pics! I use to live in north jersey and the wner of a local auto parts place in northvale owned two Edsels, always thought they were cool!!

14. M.Edell

M.Edell

Mine and Drugasms 58 Edsels at the HAMB BBQ today

15. hotdamn

hotdamn

16. edsel.fi

edsel.fi

^yeah true sex there! little pedal cars coming soon ???:D

Here is one unusual color combo, ain`t real convertible though...
    hopefully there is big X-frame under body , ain`t safe without it ?

internet photos again.. claim it if it yours !
    I can add photographers name easily.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  17. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

I sure thought mine was a lot lower than that.... I think I am running a taller tire maybe and thats why it still looks as tall as Marcuseses. Side by side they look pretty darn close... It was cool to stand see all the differences just from one model to the next. The Pacer really does have more features and doodads. I didn't realize his rain gutter had a stainless piece that wrapped around the windshield. Also the remote mirrors were cool. Pretty neat seeing them side by side.

2 hr drive over the Altamont and through bay area traffic and my car didn't miss a beat. Pulled the hill at 70mph plus no problem and really only used 7 gallons there and 7 back. Not too bad I think. Beautiful day to have all the windows down and the oldies cranked.

Thanks Dave for the pics.

Little pedal car babies? I guess (hope) the pink one would be the mommy. Although his is more virgin than mine. Tough call. What does pink and green make?

18. drugasm, i wouldnt worry about your car looks great as is

19. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

NIce edsels!! How low did you lower your 58 Drugasm? I want to lower my 60 3" from Jamco. Would it be as low as yours?

20. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

I put a 2in block in back and an Aerostar minivan front spring coil from like a 92 Van with AC and a 4.0L. It dropped it like 3in in front, the fender covers whitewall now. It felt like alot more ha ha. Plus it's a progressive rate spring so it should ride a little better. You may need a shorter shock, I put shorter ones in but they still bottom out on big holes. I don't remember what they were off, I just grabbed the parts book and went number by number till I found right mounting style, length, and travel.

The springs were cheap, like under $50 for the pair. I actually think the block and u bolts cost more. I am thinking about moving up to a 3in block in rear. Sometimes when it's unloaded it looks like it has a little too much rake. Just something to play around with.

21. Making a bit of progress on my '59.
    Got aerostars and just need tbird disk to finish up front.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. M.Edell

M.Edell

23. I love that hidden head unit! Slick idea!

24. I laughed out loud when I read this and others in our shop office wondered what the hell I thought was so damn funny.....

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  25. From Jalopnik:
    [​IMG]

May 6, 2011
    Arkansas flooding claims an Edsel
    [​IMG]Matt Hardigree John Worthen was out reporting on the flooding along the Arkansas Delta for the Little Rock Democrat-Gazette when he saw this car abandoned along US-70 near DeValls Bluff.
    Hard to believe someone actually drove it during the flood. Perhaps it floated its way there. Anyone missing 1959 Ford Edsel Corsair Hardtop Coupe?
    Photo: John Worthen

26. TexasDart

TexasDart

ThunderRocket good to see progress on the Edsel. I was checking it out at the Propwash get together.

27. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Hey ThunderRocket---- that engines looking seriously badass. I am looking at this thread on a Phone right now. Is that a white pearl on the valve covers and aircleaner? That wagon will be next level once it's dropped and that front ends wrapped up.

28. Yep, I got a set of E-400 valve covers for the 390.
    I thought the black block would be lost in the engine compartment.
    I thought about using the '58 colors but just couldn't stomach the schoolbus yellow.
    so the compromise was Pegan gold with '06 Caddy "White Lightning" air cleaner and valve covers. (it has a subtle yellow pearl)
    I kinda wish I had painted the timing cover, but my plan was it would go with a aluminum intake and water pump.
    That may (and probably will) change for the time being, so i'll sling a bit more gold.

I cant wait to get it assembled and set in between the frame rails.

29. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

Hey Drugasm, i have 3" blocks in the back of my wagon, search me for pics... Its kinda a PITA even changing the 14" stock tires... i pout 15s on it and its damn near impossible with a inflated tire. It looks damn good that way though, the pains we live with to look cool.