Register now to get rid of these ads!

I Need a Little help!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigdaddykaddy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Fenders

Fenders

First knowledgable comment re the bank account.

2. Fenders

Fenders

Right. Don't waste your money until / unless he files suit.
    I had a client some years ago sold a car, the guy drove it out of the driveway, revved it, blew the transmission then and there... buyer went to small claims court claimed the vehicle was defective, judge found for my client.
    That car didn't go five minutes or fifty feet !!

3. brad chevy

brad chevy

Don"t spend any money on a lawyer man,thats just money out of your pocket for no reason.You can be a nice guy to a point then its time to take care of business. You have nothing to worry about.If the asshole bothers you anymore just tell him to screw off.

4. grichards790

grichards790

Dont worry about a lawyer, you dont need one unless he actually files a claim/suit against you. Keep your copies of paperwork, quit answering his calls and move on. You owe this moron NOTHING! You went out of your way to hook him up with the truck. I know most people, myself included, would have told him to f*%k off after the first week or 2.

You did nothing wrong but honor your original agreement to sell him the truck and work with him on payment and transport.

5. Toner283

Toner283

BDK did not state how the $$$ was transferred into his account. Some transfers are non reversible but some companies (like those crooks @ paypal) seem to have the ability to reach into your account with their sticky little fingers and take the money back plus a little extra for "fees". Better safe than sorry.

6. grapp

grapp

Hey, You don't need a lawyer until he files suit. AND he would have to file suit in your county, and sue you in your county because that's where the transaction took place... If he's from out west I doubt he's going to either hire a local attorney to represent him, or come all the out to file for a small claims court case, and make two trips back....I think your good...

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

hassle, but do not answer phone calls from numbers this guy uses-just let them go to voice mail-save them just in case. can relate to your deal-had a non running (was in middle of swapping out trans) Chevy pick up truck For Sale. buyer said he has had problems with small block Chevy motors having a bad #4 cylinder. told him engine runs fine, but buying as is and why price was so low. after sale he calls up bitching that it had a bad #4 cylinder. just ignored him and he went away.

8. Well guys and gals heres the lastest !! I took your advice and have not answered my phone and saved my voice mail messages like you all have said. He has lefted 4 now and what a POS I am and so on! I got a new one today saying that he is going to put my name all over YOU TUBE, RACING JUNK, AND HERE THE HAMB!! He says that he will put mt name and address all over!!
    Well my name does not bother me its my address that is scaring me because I have 2 little ones and a wife at home!!! What a pain in the ass this guy is well guys all I have to say is there over 15-20 of my family members and friends can back me on this Im getting sworn documents by all !! Please give me some advice on the address info!! Thanks Gary

9. grapp

grapp

Gary...don't sweat it...your address is public knowledge..it's all over the internet already! Big deal! what is someone going to take up his cause and give you a beatdown?? Don't sweat it...

10. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

So what is the little help you need?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  11. voodoo1

voodoo1

He's just trying to give you enough crap that you'll break down and send him money for parts. He knows he screwed up, probably has a few buddies in his ear saying shit. Let it go, he'll stop. If he doesn't stop and he posts crap about you, have your lawyer give him a quick phone call. Your lawyer will tell him a few things about buying something with the words, AS IS, and harasment, which is what he is doing now.

Keep your head up, it'll be ok.

Mike

12. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Crap like this is why I avoid selling things. Not worth the hassle most of the time. I buy high and sell low. Sometimes just throw stuff away to avoid the hassles all together. I hardly even bother to give stuff away directly any more because the fools that are looking for free stuff are even worse than the ones trying to buy something.

Sounds to me like he is just a dick and probably blew the motor up racing it. If he says he just revved it up, that is probably only about 1/10th of the truth.

If it is already past a point of reasonable comfort, I would just let it go and hopefully he will diffuse himself. He probably knows precisely what he did, but just wants to try to get what he can out of you regardless.

I might give the local police a call just so they have a record of what he is doing in case he starts to try to ramp it up or do something stupid. If he does, hopefully with that he will already be on their radar and not just starting from scratch. If he gets too aggressive, maybe try to get a restraining order and have your lawyer write him a letter which tries to spell out the facts to him but also tries to diffuse the situation, not makes it worse.

Honestly, he sounds maybe a little off kilter and best to just remain as far away and unconfrontational as possible. I'm not sure even giving him money would help unless it was quite a bit. If you give him a little he likely will just want more and might even make the situation worse because he will then think you agree it is your fault and want you to cover it all.

13. I'd say he's trying to save face, for his own stupidity, in front of his buddies back home. He over revved it and it blew up, but he wants to blame you, so his friends don't think it was his fault. Tell him to "beat it", or you'll take action for the "Harassment".:mad: