Register now to get rid of these ads!

breeder,this sucks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xderelict, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Sucks Todd. We are praying for good weather for ya, and hope you can get yourself settled in sometime soon. Sucks when bad things happen to good folks like you. Wish I could help, but made problems for myself, so I'm down for a while... Keep you head up, and see ya next year at the Rust Revival, maybe your birthday party...

2. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

God bless ya all Breeder. Glad all of you are well. The stuff can be replaced, just gotta start the clean up and another year from now it'll be a memory. Keep the chin high.

3. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Update yet again! Moving van was a no show! Bs I don't care to get into! However, we had 4 trucks and a shit load of rain, but took out 8 loads today! Still have the big stuff to get but gaining on it! Good news is, I just got back out of the swamp with the falcon gasser and the 73 wagoneer! That is a plus! I'm tired, drunk, and smell like muddy fish water, so it's just like any other sat night! ;) I have no clue when I'll get my pc up n going to give ya a play by play, but I hope within a week! We are moving for the 3rd time I'n 2 weeks to a more perm residence at my gramps old house, so I may b able to get setup soonisih! Much love to all ya cats and thanks for everything! U all the best!

4. 03GMCSonoma

03GMCSonoma

Breeder, glad to see you are getting things out OK.

To give the rest of you some idea of the extent of the flooding, the Missouri River is out of its banks from north of Sioux City to south of Hamburg IA. This is the entire border between Iowa and Nebraska. The Missouri is normally around 500 feet wide but it is now miles wide with the flooding. Residents may not be able to return to their homes until this coming Fall or Winter. There are folks still skiing in Wyoming, Montana and Canada. This snow will eventually be adding to the woes of the residents along the Missouri River. Some businesses that have closed due to the flooding won't reopen until next year. The river is expected to rise another 2 feet in the next day or two. If this happens, more bridges may have to be closed, eliminating another means of driving to Iowa and returning.

Hang in there, Breeder.

5. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

Hamburg is only 40 miles west of me. Have been selling trailers to people who HAVE to go. No profit... $50-$100 just to cover overhead. These people are pissed, scared, tired and don't know what to do. I ran out of anything i could just loan and am down to having to sell inventory to supply these folks. Wish i had a spare mill and i would just loan out units and simply sell them when they came back.

Interstate 29 is shut clear down and being rerouted down 71 hiwhway over her in iowa, which means we get HOURLY reports of the carnage as people travel through. It is pathetic and sad. And yet, i know these people, they'll chase the water right back to their homes and start getting life back on track as soon as possible. Very proud of Iowa and Nebraska and the people from here. They are tough SOB's indeed.

6. mortecai

mortecai

Breeder good luck to you. i went through a similar situation in '96 so i know about the mud blood and the beer. glad to hear you got your toys out. My boat sank inside my garage and when the water fell the weight of the sediment or mud left in the boatcaused the trailer tires to burst so i spent hours with a pressure washer freezing my tail off cleaning stuff. hope things start to gel for you and your luck can change

7. nexxussian

nexxussian

Color me late, but that (flooding) sucks. :(

8. sololobo

sololobo

I see a lot of folks wanting to help, throw up some goodies for auction to benefit our family here. Everyone has been very generous on these auctions so far, god bless ya. Keep it going gang. Thanx to everyone!! ~sololobo~----btt please

9. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Know what you mean. I piss and moan all winter about living in Maine, but the more I see what is going on with quakes, mud slides, tornadoes, floods and fire, I think I'd better appreciate what we have here and stop my complaining.

10. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Breeder that is major suckage!! I'm in Corpus Christi, Texas and we just got our first rain in four months. Cracks in the dirt my bird dog damn near fell in. No kidding tho, I wish ya'll the best of luck and hope you come out better in the end.

11. bigsam63

bigsam63

So sorry man, if you need me and the wife to come up just please call and we will be there.Call me..........

12. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Thanks gang! Ur to kind! Sam, I'll give ya a shout I'n a few mins! Gotta eat a lil something! Don't wanna lose my full figured body! ;)

13. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    For sale:
    Two slightly used ztr mowers! Both are 1998 models and both are 48 inch cut. Recently serviced and ran great when parked
    12 dollars obo. ;)

14. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]
    Yet another devastating lose

16. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]
    Power tools for sale recently coated to prevent rusting
    1 dollar obo ;)

17. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

I'll posta thread as I get my pc back online, but my lil girl took this one a couple days ago! The eyes of a child! Love it!
    [​IMG]

18. At least it was only Busch Light!

19. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

20. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Bite ur tongue mister!;)

21. 4 years later and we are still finding silt on our stuff and things my folks had in our flood!

22. I can't say much, I am drinking a Keystone Light right now! Got a Ranger IPA to finish with tho, so my brain thinks I've been drinking good beer all day!

23. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Haha! I'm not having any beer right now! I drank enough last to fill a tanker! I need less drunk friends! I'm normally not a drinker as you know! :)

24. Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

Just got on the main board after a long time and saw this. Sucky for sure! :( Hope things get better for ya, we're all thinking of you down here in the STL. If you need some grub just holler!:D

25. Ebert

Ebert

Breeder, just got on here after a week in KC....so sorry to hear of your predicament. Our thoughts are with you. Can we send a care package????? If so, please PM me an address!

THX Eric

26. God bless ya Todd....

27. Sorry to see mate, floods suck!!

28. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Hate to tell you this but we just had over 2.5" of rain in the last 30 minutes. This all fell in the upper Fox River valley and we now have flash flooding up here. More probably coming your way.

SPark

29. 03GMCSonoma

03GMCSonoma

http://youtu.be/saMhOPrGbjg

Breeder, I just received this YouTube video but can't verify the accuracy. The front page of the World-Herald says we have only received 32% of the anticipated water from Gavin's Point. Being a math major, this seems like there is 68% remaining. Head to high ground!!

One of the construction contractors I work with said Gavin's Point dam has moved 4". Like Robin used to say, "Holy shit, Batman!"