Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cadillac caps...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Loafers Glory, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Loafers Glory

Loafers Glory

I need help with a wheel problem. I want my 56 Caddy hubcaps on my 98 Chevy Silverado. I have read here and other places that I'm fighting a losing battle...can't stand that,I have to win. Anybody know of a solution ? I reckon I might just have to have a set made...if possible...what do y'all think ? Thanks,Loafer in Mississippi

2. brad chevy

brad chevy

You will have to find a set of rims for the truck that the caps will fit.

3. I do believe if you pick up a set of white spoke or chrome spoke 8" wide 'wagon wheels' your problem will be solved.

4. southerncad

southerncad

Why waste the Caddy caps on a Silverado????

5. Amen

6. Loafers Glory

Loafers Glory

I've looked for the "wagon wheels" not found a good set yet.Hope that does work.As for wasting Caddy caps on a Silverado...reads the post again...you'll see it reads "MY 1998 Silverado"..that's right,it's mine...past trying to impress anyone....Loafer

7. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

too bad...they would look so good on your silverado....

8. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

congradulations.......

9. leocad

leocad
    from LA, CA

now that you have those 56 caps maybe you should find a classic car to put them on? or find a board that discusses that year truck?

10. Tough crowd today....:rolleyes:

Loafer, Caddy wheels will fit your truck if nothing else turns up(I'm assuming it's 5 lug?) Caddy is 5 on 5. Look for 62 and older Cadillac steel wheels with the reversed center ;)

Oh, and check the center register hole just to be sure---truck hub *might* be bigger(I don't have a truck rotor handy to check)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  11. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

wagon wheels or those cheap a** nugget 2 peice wheels that was on all trucks in the 80's,good luck

12. Loafers Glory

Loafers Glory

I thank those of you that have given me answers/advice....for those of you that I evidently upset...read my profile,you'll see that I do indeed have a classic car and I pull it with my truck at times.I don't want my truck or any of my stuff to be just like somebody else....sorry I made you wet your leg....Loafer

13. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

56 Caddy caps are very deep. The only other wheels I found that would work were the early 60's Caddy wheels 62 or 63 have the same basic style cap. Hope that helps.

14. sk8ncruz

sk8ncruz
    from pratt, ks

try standard chevy rally wheels off a pre-88 chevy truck.
    they were 8inch and i believe those caps will fit.

15. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

I think '98 has metric bolt pattern-falconsprint63 provided a good link with possible solution-or might be wheel adapters to run earlier wheels-yes, your truck to do as you like with it, but this site is not about late model stuff

17. peter johnson

peter johnson

I hope you never find a way to put them on a Silverado!

18. Put 'em on with duct tape. Be sure you wrap it all the way around to the back side of the tire so it sticks real good. Oh, be sure to slip a drier sheet in behind each cap so they keep that fresh, just washed scent all day...

Okay joking aside, I didn't know Chevy ever went to a metric bolt circle on the big pick ups, how depressing. If it ain't metric and the old 5 bolt rally's won't take the Caddy cap it'd surprise the hell outa me. Those things are a mile deep. As for the drama sure it's the wrong board to have a long boaring discussion about a 1998 anything but what the hell, I learned something from it. If I were hell bent on running caddy caps on my late model OT truck and couldn't get '56 caps to fit I'd just go looking for a set of early '70's caddy caps and pop em on. They're still really deep and the average joe ain't gonna know the differance. Hell the average street rodder ain't gonna know the differance, and if you don't tell the '56 caps they won when you hang them up on the garage wall they ain't gonna know the differance either.

19. KrisKustomPaint

KrisKustomPaint

Read the rules . God damn FNG.

20. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

And why don't ya'll lay off him? Geez, atleast he's got a 52 Merc.

21. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Probably because it's an off topic vehicle. Have you read our "mission statement"?

22. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

I know....just saying that maybe he could post some pictures of this Mercury he's got. And no, I ain't bragging on no 90's Chevy...I ain't even a Chevy guy.

23. MODS.......why the hell isnt this thread removed????? WTF is going on in this place lately?????

First lowriders........now a 90's pick up!

24. So ya reckon someday somebody might wanna put early Caddy caps on a HAMB-friendly vehicle they might find this info useful?
    WTF? indeed........:rolleyes:

I swear there IS something wrong with this place---it's filling up with a bunch of holier-than-thou elitist traditionalists....what ever happened to trying to HELP each other :confused:
    Sorry, man, but all I see is much ado about nothin'. The more you stir shit, the more it stinks, right? Just let it go fer Pete's sake.

25. Elitist traditionalist......a bit strong dont you think!?
    Anyway, i dont think there are enough 'holier-than-thou elitist traditionalists' on this forum anymore, seems to be whole bunch of 'free loving hippies' here lately :)

Your right thought, lets let this forum go to shit and be just like any other.
    Traditional seems to be the new RR word!

But what the hell do I know.

26. Fly, I'm gonna apologize to you, being as I quoted your post and no one else's, but I'm still of the opinion there's more emphasis on purity than fellowship here lately. Sure, the "old" HAMB woulda eat the op alive, and we'd all had a good laugh....but to what end? No telling how many lurkers would have been scared/turned off by such........and we've already lost a bunch of good knowledgeable people put off by the bullshit and arrogance---I know that to be a FACT.
    Okay, so some noob wants to put Caddy caps on a late-model truck and asks for help. I say it's better than him putting on 22s and hangin the Caddy caps on the wall.
    That's just my two cents....but what do I know....? :)

27. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

It takes just as long to tell the guy he's a dipshit as it does to help him out.

28. No need to apologize, we are all free to have our say.....until I get an infraction PM :) but thanks.
    I hear what you are saying and kind of understand it. I have a different opinion on whats going on here on the HAMB, but i dont want to turn this into ANOTHER me vs you thread. PM me if you want to vent and shoot the shit!

Your right, the info should be out there, but where does it start and stop???

I just dont think a thread about putting Caddy caps on a 90's Pick up is HAMB worthy.
    Sorry to the original thread starter, it is not personal.

29. and there ya have it..

30. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

i had 56's fly off my 64' , and i'm sure there the same as 63's .....weld them on sum beauty rings ... i would also tint my windows..my friends would not let me live that down...