Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 32 roadster seen back in the mid 80's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kgjevre, Jun 24, 2011.

1. kgjevre

kgjevre

I am curious if anyone on here have any information on this 32 roadster that I saw and snapped a picture of back in the mid 80's at I believe the Long Beach Veteran Stadium in California?

Would love to know if it is still around and what might have happened to it!

It is to a large degree an inspiration for how I want to modify my roadster, including the color scheme!

Attached Files:

2. real cool roadster. it was featured in an issue of american rodder, cant recall which one. i think it had a scott blown flatty but i might be wrong.
    Al.

3. kgjevre

kgjevre

Thanks, great info!
    Found the backissue and bought it! :)

Attached Files:

4. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Its the one that i always look to for inspiration on how a 32 roadster should look.

I too re-purchased the issue, after a major moment of weakness found me selling all my american rodder mags :(

i wonder where it is now - Google cannot find its owner

5. I have that issue, I thought I had seen that roadster before. Going have to find it and re-read the article.

6. Beautiful roadster. Timeless.

7. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Man, that back when American Rodder kicked butt!!! Too bad it took such a dive.

8. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I thought i had seen that roadster somewhere but until i saw the magazine pictures I had forgotten where. It's definitely a primo example of one of the best build styles for a '32. Off to look through my mag collection and revisit this one.

Frank

9. kgjevre

kgjevre

Yeah, the magazine article says it belongs to Ron Keilweitz and he is quoted to say "I'll never sell this roadster"... looks like time changes priorities... :)