Register now to get rid of these ads!

Johnsons Hot Rod Shop is hiring

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alanjohnson, Jun 22, 2011.

1. alanjohnson

alanjohnson
    from alabama

Johnson’s Hot Rod Shop has several positions available. Looking for experienced CNC machinist/programmer, CAD designer and fabricators. Will train the right person. We have a well-established and equipped shop. Pay will depend on experience and skill set. Benefits of BC/BC insurance, paid vacation and sick days. Email resume and any questions to [email protected]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  2. Deuces

Deuces

Wish you guys were in motown.... I'd jump right on it...

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Alan, Seems to me there was a guy on here that moved from CO to the midwest for a job opportunity that didn't work out. Perhaps he'll see your thread and respond. Good luck bud.

4. alanjohnson

alanjohnson
    from alabama

Denise, Hopefully I can find the right person/persons here. With everyone here being likeminded it can’t hurt. Are you going to Columbus? Thanks

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Not sure yet. Kinda depends on whether I get a new steering column in Big Olds right after the 4th of Juky holiday thus missing the Columbus event or perhaps I can nurse the current one till the begining of Aug and get it done then therefore not missing any event that I've got plans to attend. I guess it's going to depend on if my current column acts up over the next couple of weeks like it was before the temporary "band-aid" was applied.

You and your lovely wife going??

6. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

If only I lived closer to AL, oh to finally put the 10 years of CAD experience to a cool use instead of designing the inner workings of grain elevators! Can't think of many cooler shops to work for either.

7. SLCK64

SLCK64

Hmmm I was thinking about getting into CNC stuff this next semester...might as well, itd beat packing boxes lol

8. DirtyEd

DirtyEd
    from Dallas Ga.

I am not qualified to work for him(oh how I wish I was),but I have seen his place and it is as good as you could ask for.He showed my wife and I around and could not have been nicer to a couple of strangers just walking in.He is always at the gadsden friday cruises and always seems to be friendly with people asking questions.Good luck Alan

9. alanjohnson

alanjohnson
    from alabama

We will be there!! Surely you can find someone to help you get the column installed before Columbus. If you were closer I would do it for you. Hope to see you there.

10. alanjohnson

alanjohnson
    from alabama

Thanks for the kind comments.

11. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

I saw these guys at LARS and the work they do is outstanding. If I wasn't retired, I would consider moving to Alabama for a great opportunity. These guys are true craftsman.

12. studenut48

studenut48
    from Hanson, Ky

I have been in the aircraft industry working with CNC machines for 15 years and if we go on strike this coming week. I am more tempted to follow my passion and take a drive down south and put my experience to use. :) Along with my Studebaker :D

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You're so sweet. If I lived closer I'd certainly let ya.;)
    Timing is the issue, I have a couple of commitments for Big Olds like parades and I really don't want to take the chance of him not being driveable and disappoint the King and Queen of Perchville who are riding in Big Olds.:D

More then likely I'll see you there:cool:

14. Working at a shop of your caliber would be a dream come true for me, but I work in aerospace and I just went over 22 years of continuous employment and I'd be foolish to leave.

I love your stuff. I talked with you for a few minutes at the LARS concerning the green '32 3-window. Your cars have a certain look that I really like.

I can retire in 8 years, and if the wife is still cool about blowing out of California, I might be on the market at that time.