Register now to get rid of these ads!

Types of 6x2 progressive linkages???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stromberg, Jun 22, 2011.

1. stromberg

stromberg

What is the difference between the 6x2 progressive linkage LOG style and the 6x2 progressive linkage LOW PROFILE style??? I have looked around and can't find anything that states what is different about the two. I need to get one and I'm looking for a little help on what is what on those. Thanks.

2. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

Build you own..YOU can do it.
    Duane.

3. Lucky77

Lucky77

I'm not sure what style it is but here's mine, its an Eelco. If you want the lowdown talk to Dickster27. He's the all knowing guru of all things multi-carbed.

Attached Files:

4. Jmountainjr

Jmountainjr
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Most "low profile" linkages have all the carb shaft arms pointed up to use on some manifiolds that are built such as not to have room for a carb arm pointed down.

5. Deuces

Deuces

DAMN, that's nice!! :)

6. stromberg

stromberg

Thats nice Lucky77. Yeah, Jmountianjr, I don't think I have enough room for the arms to be pointed down at all. thanks.

7. I got mine from Charlie Price from Fla. but wouldn't recommend him. A good on is Race Cars in Retrospect from Ohio. Don't have the address handy. Maybe you can find it on line.

8. stromberg

stromberg

Thanks, I will look them up.

9. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

I'm not really liking the way the linkage is setup, some heims and mostly pivot fittings that can bind. I think there are lot of unnecessary rods. It will work but I wouldn't install it my setup.
    I would rather build linkage with the bases only on the intake so I can see the throttle plates move, that way I know all plates are working correctly..
    AGAIN, you can build your own and save half the $$$$$$$..
    Here is a picture to show you how to cross over, connect each side of carbs..Simple and clean..
    Duane..

Attached Files:

10. stromberg

stromberg

That looks pretty good Duane, I think I could take two 3x2 progressive linkages and do a cross over like that..

11. RustyNCA

RustyNCA

I talked with Marty at Eelco about my linkage (which I got with the intake) and learned it is partially Eelco mixed with other stuff, so I have been making it work for now.

This is my second try at laying it out and it seems to be working much better now.

His suggestions about the setup (which is not what I had at first):

1. Have all the linkage on the same planes as much as possible.
    2. Make sure any friction point is lubricated.
    3. Run the parts at 45 degree angles

That's all I can remember.... but changing things to what he and Duane told me have helped me a bunch.

Oh, drove the car today, took these photos and noticed another of my carbs is leaking fuel now....

Cheers
    RustyNCA

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

RustyNCA, I don't understand how the secondaries open all the way. Looking at your linkage your geometry is wrong, there is noway the secondaries can catch the up to the primaries, unless I can.t see it..Also, the pivot on the arm coming down on the cross over rod should be changed to heim..YES, lube every area that has friction..
    Duane.
    ps..I had issues with the heims that come on the eelcos, the center bearing comes out, you need to get a punch and put on the outside of the bearing and hit it just enough to push the housing over the bearing..There are much better bearings out there, may cost a little more but you can trust them..

13. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

Hello Again, I found the pictures of the heims that came apart..
    Duane.

Attached Files:

14. stromberg

stromberg

I had somebody at LARS tell me those come apart like that on the Eelcos. good to know.

15. RustyNCA

RustyNCA

They don't, right now I am only running on the middle two carbs. I have only had a couple times where the motor felt like it needed more carb.

My heims look different than those you posted?

Ah, got what you mean about the heim's, where do you get more?