Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage K.K.O.A - Salina in July...Who's Going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Caddy-O, Jun 13, 2011.

1. davidh73750

davidh73750

[QUOTE=McPhail;6682526]Im gonna tralier mine[/QUOTE]

trailer? You are just down the road from salina? Kansas is flat enough give it a good shove from the drive way and you can roll into the show! :D:D:D

Look forward to seeing your truck.

2. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just talked to The man in charge and he said Friday and Sunday the spectator fee is $10 and Saturday it is $12 If your into Kool it is money well spent.

Junior Conway is coming to Salina and that will be a kool opportunity to meet him and see
    him with his shoebox. This will be his first time, I got to figure out what to take to Salina
    to get his autograph.

You put the six banger in the truck to increase your gas mileage? The truck sure sounds good.

Happy Trails, Mick

3. Screenz

Screenz
    from Texas city

Is the bulk of the show sat? Would we be missing much by leaving Sunday?

4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

No, not much...church service, couple bands, the award winners, vendors packing up, lunch and Mick...

R-

5. Yaril

Yaril

yes sir, i am going to tweak a few things during the respray to make the ride even smoother and finalize things i didnt have on the Cali trip like side glass and a few other details.

a measly 1700 miles each way.

the loose plan is to depart Midnight Monday, take two stops to enjoy the sights and arrive Thursday to clean up the car before the weekend. no cannonball run this time.

6. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We usually leave early Sunday morning, beat the heat and enjoy the morning drive.

Hey Roger, does this mean you miss me Sunday because I'm on my way home?

Looking forward to meet ya, we will be praying for a safe trip..

Happy Trails, Mick

7. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Naw, I'm not THAT sentimental...it's just that the only rod run you and I have ever been to at the same time, you always leave early (and you have a shorter drive than I) ...besides the only one I ever see you at, on a Sunday, is the SK500...why is that...???

R-

8. I'm considering selling my '50 shoebox, sectioned 6" in the late 50's or early 60's. I have a '51 hood for it. It's set up for a sbc with Jamco mounts & crossmember.

[​IMG]

Posting from the road..
    TJJ on iPhone

9. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Three years ago Krobe and I stayed for the Sunday activities. It was hard for me to leave
    because I only see some of my friends one time within a year. What we started to do is
    go a day early, I enjoy Thursday better then Sunday. Thursday, everyone is excited about
    the show and you can feel the kustom buzz. We're talking about staying Sunday and just
    spend another night in town and come home early Monday. This will happen in the near
    future.

Renee is coming to the show this year, so to beat the heat we will be leaving early Sunday
    morning. My Merc doesn't have an interior so it doesn't take long for it to heat up. For some
    reason when your driving it is easier to put up with the heat but if your a passenger it is a
    different story. If I leave early I can be home before noon and beat the heat. Hopefully
    next year we will be able to stay for Sunday.

I wish that it was time to go..... Merc is gas'd up and ready.

Happy Trails, Mick

10. Denise Titus

Denise Titus

I'll be there selling T-shirts....stop by and see our cool threads....or just stop by and say Hi!

11. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome aboard Denise!

12. Denise Titus

Denise Titus

13. wild_eye

wild_eye
    from Seneca, MO

weicome denise me and paul will be there i think paul needs a shirt ?

14. McPhail

McPhail

The Beatniks are gathering Thursday afternoon at an undisclosed location and headed north Thursday night.......But I think the show actually starts on Thursday this year?.... Denise, can you clarify the schedule?........ And Jeff Myers is nominated for the Hall of Fame for the first time this year!........

15. McPhail

McPhail

Denise Titus is my hero...... I remember her driving around in a VERY COOL 67? Chevy when I was a kid in Wichita.......

16. Denise Titus

Denise Titus

Yes Dennis you are correct! The Leadsled starts on Thursday July 28th this year. There will be a Thursday Night "Nostalgia Cruise" on Santa Fe Street (main drag of Salina), sorta like the "Koolest Cruiser Contest's we used to do. However, I'm not sure if daddy wants to be the "Man on the street Guy" w/a mic again.

We'll be blocking the street fom 8:00-9:00 p.m. for cruisin'. After we go out to Brights Rods & Restorations shop for the freebe dinner and tour, we'll stage at Oakdale Park starting at 7:00 p.m., and dump onto Santa Fe three blocks away @ 8:00 p.m.. We'll be advertising it big time, so the streets should be packed out with spectator's. Great way to officially open the event.

If you remember the Leadsled Spectacular first started being a 4day event in 1980, but was cut back to 3 days in the mid 90's due to changing times. It's now time to get it back to its roots.

It'll be cool so as they say "Be there or Be Square"!!!!!!!!!!

17. Kansas Boys will be there!

18. Denise Titus

Denise Titus

Wow, a Hero........that's Kool! I sure miss the ol' Blue Angel.

19. 49toad

49toad

Hi Denise. Paula and I will be there in the same old Toad we drove to the first Leadsled.

20. Denise Titus

Denise Titus

That's so Kool Doug! Everytime I see the old Toad now it just blows my me away.....what a keeper! You two drive her low and slow (well except at the drags) and we'll see you there!

21. Butch M

Butch M

Hey Denise it will be like ole dragin Douglas days see ya in Salina....

22. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Sure hope I can beat my pal BCR in the drags. Pulling out all the stops this year.....:)

23. Denise Titus

Denise Titus

That's what I'm thinkin', ever since Dennis mentioned the '68 my mind's been right there.....stop light to stop light.....no matter how long or how much gas it took, oh and gas was hittin the $1.00 mark then.

24. kardude67

kardude67
    from Topeka, Ks

I am thrashing to get it done, but I plan to be there.

25. harley rider

harley rider

sorry I didnt know how to read the smiley faces. I would say the one with the shades looks like the sarcastic one.:cool:

26. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

ONE of the reasons to NOT have a black car...black absorbs heat...as IF you didn't know...!!! WHITE (and lighter colors) reflect heat...

You should put A/C in it then...hope to have mine in this month before heading out...and I've got a seven hour drive home directly into the setting sun...

Pueblo was good this year...not overly hot, only 87 on Saturday, with a nice breeze, over 2000 cars this year...still didn't win (anything) at Pueblo -- 17th year and counting.

R-

27. No Plan

No Plan

Got room reserved and taking my son (crazy legs on HAMB) and my brother to the best customs show in the country, IMHO.... Son just got a nonrunning 54 Ford ht. w/ 53 Lincoln taillights and extended 1/4's and skirts, continental kit, and 52/53 Merc front grille and bumper (suppost to be an old custom from Texas). Quite a change for him as he drag races a late model Corvette! l Looking for ideas for the 54.....love the street drags, too!.... See ya there!

28. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

well over a 100 today, getting things warmed up for you nice folks...

29. wizzard23

wizzard23

But it's a "dry" heat.:(

30. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

We plan on being there, staying at the KOA. Wife has a brand new camera (since I ran over the other expensive one in TX at the LSRU) to take lots of pics. Can't wait to put faces with names.