Register now to get rid of these ads!

Louisville kentucky

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jernlee, May 28, 2011.

1. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

:) :D

If I lived in Kentucky ... I would most likely walk thru the gate and look around for a day :cool:I do not mind driving far distances and paying the BUCKS to see what I like. I have had my 32 roadster at the LA Roadster show 5 or 6 times ( from South Carolina ). Their entry cutoff date is 1937 ... :D :D

Thanks for the info on the Frog Follies. I believe it sometimes is the same weekend as the HAMB drags in Joplin MO.
    I wonder if all the BAD storms and stuff will affect the HAMB drags ???

I go to it some also ...

2. jernlee

jernlee

I am going to drive in I am driving my coe truck from dallas.

3. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

Cooler not a problem if towing it behind you walking. Do it every year. Have fun and see you at Bowling Green.

4. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

You better start looking for a motel now. It is a popular run and rooms are hard to find. Good luck, nice run, but hot as hell.

5. Mickm

Mickm

I'm going. I had reservations about going last year but it turned out to be a great show and a great time.
    Cheers!
    Mickm

6. Gman0046

Gman0046

Deuce, xhotrodder has it right. The biggest problem with the Frog Follies is finding a motel. If you can't find one in Evansville, try Henderson, Kentucky its just across the river from Evansville.

7. Man, I gotta go just to see that wicked COE, that thing is sweet!

8. jernlee

jernlee

Thanks My wife took it to the dallas autorama and it took the class of 1935 to current. With no paint but a whole lot of different.

9. jernlee

jernlee

This is a place in louisville at dixie hwy and flintlock dr that has really good fish and cool beer. A must when I go to louisville.
    Its called obryans

Attached Files:

10. lawman

lawman

That is a GREAT place !!!!!!!!

11. rickairmedic

rickairmedic

Yep its even better when you live less than 5 miles from the place :D you can go every friday and pick up enough fish and chips to feed the whole crew for around 10 bucks . I will go to Obryans before I go to Mike Lennings now adays as Lennings has raised their prices and lowered the amoount of food you get for more money.

Rick

12. lawman

lawman

That is a great place and a lucky one also.A good friend of mine and his wife were there several years ago eating. They saw the first drawing for the Kentucky Lotto being drawn on the bar TV and they won a million dollars !!!!!!

13. jernlee

jernlee

Dang thats nice

14. mlbeil

mlbeil
    from Arnold, MO

Jernlee, Killer COE !! I did not make it last year but, plan to attend this year. Since they opened it up to later models, I am going to try to get my 53 wagon there. Still some things to complete but, on schedule. I had previously attended all of the NATS except for a couple due to kids being born and such. This is normally a strict boys weekend that includes my dad, brothers and buds but, this year I am adding my little man (will turn 5 at the event). I am bringing him up right with Rods and Machines. Lucky for me HE LOVES IT. If you see my wagon, stop and say high. It should be accompanied by either a 39 Ford 2 door sedan (dad) or Model A (brother).

15. Labold

Labold

I plan on going.
    Hey mlbeil, I'll have my 5 year old with me too. Glad to see another future rodder in the works!

16. artandmaureen

artandmaureen

I think i am going the wife is going to her sisters that week so if i go i will be flying solo where is a good place to get a room?

17. Brooks exit or shepherdsville exit should be able to get a room a bit cheaper. Those exits are about 10-12 miles from the venue. I will be putting up a list of places to eat around town where us locals like to go. those exits are on I-65 just south of the fairgrounds

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  18. jernlee

jernlee

Getting new white walls for my 1939 colson tandem bicycle so I can ride there

19. Bearno's Pizza....gharrrrrrrrrrrr [​IMG]
    That'll be cool for riding motel parking lots and stuff but the goon squad won't let you ride it on the fair grounds. Just a heads up.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  20. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Have not been there for about 10 yrs I,m goin with my 63 buford

21. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

22. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

The Hwy 127 yard sale is always that weekend and I have went to it for the last sevral years and got some good buys on old stuff etc.but Im thinkin about going to the nats this year as I havent been in a long time.
    The last time I went, It was so hot with the heat bouncing off the blacktop that it was almost unbearable,so I guess it depends on what the weather is like.
    Speaking of which,The weather being too hot or storms has put a big damper on sevral events around here so far this year.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  23. Tired of listening to the Whiners that want to cry about the year change. I've been there for quite a few years now and the number of late models last year wasn't that high and the quality of them was probably higher than the early stuff overall. With 10,000+ plus cars it's no big deal to NOT look at the ones you don't like - there are plenty more to see.
    If you don't want to go, Fine - just don't try to convince the rest of us that it sucks, cuz it doesn't for us.
    And Yeah I'll be there. Drop by the PerTronix/patriot booth and say HI

24. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

See you all there, those that choose to go that is. I'll be at the HAMB Meet and Greet as always.

25. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

i'm going on this thread to:D:p

26. pottsie454

pottsie454

Ill be there with my 53' with my dad and his 41' sedan delivery.

27. Marty S1

Marty S1

^^^^^
    Couldn't agree more!

I relocated from the "car starved" state of Maine in 2004. I've walked thru the gate every year since except for 08' when my Dad passed away. Having 10,000 rods less than 50 mi away is my big summertime treat!

A cooler w/ some suds n' eats, folding chair, and plenty of camera batteries plus comfy shoes is all I need. For about $150 , I can do all 4 days and still sleep in my own bed.

I will be missing this year, because even cars don't compare to being a 1st time Grampa!!! :D

28. jernlee

jernlee

Are u saying I cant ride it at the show in the fairgrounds

29. Yep, I've seen the NSRA guys get pretty pissy about it too. Right in front of me last year, they almost had a guy hauled off to jail for it. They wouldn't even let the guy just push the bike another 40 feet to where he was going inside the building and he was a vender. They made him turn around and walk the thing back out the way he came in, all the way across the grass to the rear gate. I kid you not, when he protested that all he needed to do was push it inside the building they threatened to lock him up! I was dumbfounded :rolleyes:

Like I said in the other thread I'll go till it isn't any fun anymore. I'm not there yet but its coming. I think attendance will drop substantially in the next few years too. So, between putting up with the Street Rod Gestapo attitude, 19-firckin-81 model cars and the unrelenting heat I’m not sure how much longer it'll be fun.

30. 40coupefan

40coupefan
    from Trumann,AR

My 13 year old grandson likes the camaros and 55 chevys, so it has been a good thing for me the change. Locals puttin' up good places to eat sounds great! I have gone every year it has been in Louisville, always have a good time.