Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Help with identifying some old cars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rohan, Jun 16, 2011.

1. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

I think you are correct. Only about a hundred of this model ever produced.
    To call it rare is an understatement.

2. I notice that the bike in this picture does not have the external contracting rear brake seen in the original mystery pic so there were, no doubt, variations of them. Seeing gas lights on a bike this late is odd. perhaps it was intended as a race bike and there was no provision for a generator drive. If you check the road test in the links you will see that one has the gas lights.

3. Rohan

Rohan
    from Australia

Stumbled across another motorbike shot tonight that I missed before. 1955, and going by my great grandfather's caption, it's a Royal Enfield.

[​IMG]

4. Yes, Royal Enfield, although I am not sure of the exact model. If the pic was taken in 1955 then the bike would be not very old.

5. Rohan

Rohan
    from Australia

Here's a much more recent photo from 1996. Shell looks like maybe a Nissan or Toyota ute?

[​IMG]

6. Rohan

Rohan
    from Australia

Here's one from 1938, my grandpa at 4 years old riding his tricycle near home in Sofia, Bulgaria. Same guy standing next to the monster truck many years later. If anyone can identify a Bulgarian tricycle from the 1930s I'll give you $100. :p

[​IMG]