Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. TheLogLady

TheLogLady

I had the option of taking it (i got my shoebox from the same place) but decided it was collateral damage....i did manage to rescue the glass however !..in hindsight i should of taken all the doors after the surprise i got !

JR

2. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Some stuff around our way. The one I saved 50 Merc. I am going to try and get that Caddy next :eek:

Attached Files:

3. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Hubba, hubba, Lockwood!:D Did you lift this hood? Windsor/Saratoga or NewYorker/300?:confused::cool:

[​IMG]

4. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Some really cool photography here, IMO.:D Nice use of color in a couple of them, too! Lockwood, did you
    take these yourself? I notice they say eBay, so are they actually right in your "back yard," so to speak???:eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Yeah I did take them myself and they are a little ways away. The reason they say ebay is because I had some other parts in this mix for ebay...............lol

6. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Cool. How 'bout the '57/8 Chrysler, buddy? Was the engine gone already?

7. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Another great round of great pix, Dog.:D Many quite artful! Hey, can anybody
    make out the year on the Lincoln plate, last year run?:confused:

<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->[​IMG]

<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --> [​IMG]

'39 or '40? Talk about a SHELL of its former self!:eek:

8. Returning back to the earth it once came from...

Attached Files:

9. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

This Chevy convert has been fermenting in a storage yard for at least 4 years that I know of. Holes in the top, window open, tires going flat ... the sign says it all.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  10. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

found this at work some time ago. Its under water during high flow.

[​IMG]

11. 396skip

396skip
    from MN

Sharknose Graham....got 6 of them...3 were Supercharged

Attached Files:

12. 1939 IHC Bus named Further Was driven By Neal Casady part of Timothy Learys Past Warlocks AKA Grateful Dead was the band on the Bus

13. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Thanks jandlcars, I've never heard of that bus till recently and all of the sites I found that talked about it said nothing about who or what in it's history, at least not specifically.

14. I know a little more
    i did work for some of the Dead in San Rafael Club Front
    go to Timothy Leary Magic Bus
    he rewened a lot of people with LSD

15. Painfulbanter

Painfulbanter

Tips on buying these! First have cash in hand,
    and do reasearch and know when to fold. Next talk to the wife first. Then give the sob story, my grandfather died in this same car and I would build this thing up and drive it everyday. They like to know your not going to make money off it but to love it like they do! The research is a good move to have a conversation with the owner about the specs and if you can get close to it run your hand on the car with love but don't scratch it if it's painted. But the cash in hand is the best tip I can give you. Also if all else fails try to see if a trade would work then hop on craigslist and other sites to find the car they have always wanted! It worked for me and I also saved a 36 chevy 3 window coupe the rare one and I'm now trying to find the guy who has been looking for her forever, but it's still for sale

16. noboD

noboD

So in other words you lied. All you wanted to do was make $$.

17. Great advice, how to behave like an asshole in one easy step.

18. toddc

toddc

Sounds like several steps are involved in reaching this level of arsehole actually.

What ever happened to telling the truth. I have cash, you have car. Wanna swap?

19. Good point toddc, its not always as easy as one step!

20. jmpenny

jmpenny

this is the one that I saved, I tried for 10 years to buy it and finally got it after the man that lived in the house it was behind died. Pictures are how i found it and how it looks today

Attached Files:

21. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

22. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I'm all about being truthful, I never lie or make some BS story because it's insulting to others and myself, and I can definately say that I have found very few cars that I could not get. I'm that guy people are always saying "How did you get that one? I was trying to for years"

But I will suggest you bring real photos of the cars you own and have built, not photos similar cars, or your buddies cars or magazine clippings, if the seller actually cares what happens to their car they will appreciate this, especially if the one you built has before and after shots and was a total POS in the before, it can help. (I show photos of my 46 Ford bus and my other oddities http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2563951 )

Something else I do is show up in one of my older cars when I go to ask about one I found, I often drive a fully restored 31 Pontiac Sport sedan when I check out cars, and even the crazies seem less likely to shoot at me when I come in with that!

But like I posted about before, I cannot stress enough to be respectful and truthful and polite, those three things will get you farther then anything else will.

23. fbama73

fbama73

Damn skippy! Karma can be a sweetheart as easily as she can be a bitch.

24. TiredIronGRB

TiredIronGRB

As Elvis would say..."a little less conversation and a little more action"....or pictures that is...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  25. '51 Norm

'51 Norm
    from colorado

I really enjoy it when the current owner of a rusted out hulk tells me "when it's resored it will be worth a lot of money". I usually respond something like "go ahead an resore it and then we can talk".

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  26. wombat barf

wombat barf
    from oklahoma

[​IMG]

snapped north of Wilburton, Ok this morning.

[​IMG]

snapped in Red Oak, Ok. this morning.

27. TiredIronGRB

TiredIronGRB

I've walked that yard many, many times, it was is White Pine, TN... sadly it is no longer there.

28. edsel

edsel

Damn I want that Olds

29. scotts52

scotts52

Alot nicer than the one I have. Makes it easier to chop mine up though as the parts car for the convertible.

30. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

1964 Chevrolet

[​IMG]

I was dropping a load of scrap the other day, normally I try to keep my blinders on when I do that as they will not sell anything back out of the yard at all for any reason.

[​IMG]

I was waiting to get unloaded inside and this trailer comes in with a 57 Dodge Town Panel on it with no rust, and Canadian Airforce livery still on it... that bummed me out as I have a perfect front clip for it and have always wanted a panel to put it on.

[​IMG]

Attached Files: