Register now to get rid of these ads!

1931 model a build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NVR2ND, Jun 20, 2011.

1. NVR2ND

NVR2ND

Heres a before pic of my 1931 Model A, I bought the car in May and drove it 2 times, before tearing it apart! (Some of you may have seen my thread, where I was thinking of trading my 1925 TT for this one... I couldnt pass it up, so Here I am in the middle of another build lol) The first thing I did was pull the motor/tranny. The car doesnt look bad in the pics, but it was a 15 y/o paint job, and had lots of cracks, and a little cancer. we cut the fenders off and installed new rear patch panels. I tore the tunnel ram off and had it powder coated, along with the alt brackets, pulleys, oil fill neck, and a few other small parts. The car is currently in the body/paint shop, as my work in that area leaves a lot to be desired! Here are a few pics, and I DO HAVE A QUESTION...As you can see in the pic, my carbs are DIRTY! What can I use to clean them, I dont think the previous owner did anything but drive it...Thanks, and more to come!:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  2. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

3. 76formulafiend

76formulafiend

4. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

76formulafiend how did you get that photo of my wife for your avatar??? Hmmmm.... those legs look suspiciously familiar

5. NVR2ND

NVR2ND

Thanks 76, Ill give it a try tomorrow!

6. 76formulafiend

76formulafiend

i'm not aloud to talk about that photo.... lol:D