Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lunar Lander Goes Outside

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Plowboy, Apr 18, 2005.

1. "Metal" Flake....get it :D

I love that car Arron.

2. Django

Django
    from Chicago

They don't have electrictity for lights out in the sticks yet? ;)

3. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

You rule, everything you do is incredible.

4. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Excellent, most excellent...

5. Plowboy

Plowboy

I wouln't say that Nads. I took a shit earlier today, I didn't think it looked that neat. Ha Ha Ha

Chad, my horse is too tired to run the generator after pulling the plow all day.
    You forget how dark it is out in the country. I'd need a lot of lights and extension cords. Too much work for little results.

6. sodas38

sodas38

Thats "sick" PlowBoy...sick sick sickity sick!!

7. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Aaron, looks kick-ass! But how much beer will she hold:D

8. Plowboy

Plowboy

She won't hold near enough beer for me, but that is why I got the '59 El Camino official lunar lander tow vehicle. Ha Ha Ha

I guess I'll be drinking Jack and Cokes so all I have to pack is one bottle.

9. Ya just got to keep rubbing it in don't ya. :D :D

10. That fuckin' thing is Wicked!!! Man, that is so bitchin', I may have to find some stuff to cut up and marry together. If I didn't make myself clear, I think that car RULES!.

11. TINGLER

TINGLER

Plowboy for President!

The cool thing about what you do Plowboy, is you give us hope.

(hope you don't get a hold of the ASS ENDS of our cars!) :D

12. Kinky6

Kinky6

PlowBoy, you are a man of unusual talents.

Or maybe just an unusual man with some talents.:D

You make me want to ditch all my other projects, and build a "spaced-out" RPU - I have a '34 Chevy grille, a '30 Model A cowl, now to graft on a narrowed rear section from a '57 or '59 Ranchero, or maybe the same model station wagon that has already lost it's top to a tudor sedan. Hmmm, round rocket after-burner tail lights, working tail gate, open pickup box - the Space Shuttle!:rolleyes:

I don't know, I just like this idea!:cool:

13. DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler

OMFG I love that car. Keep it up man, I see a great thing happening there.

14. Mojo

Mojo

outstanding! That wild ass rearend really makes that car, I don't think it would look as cool with something tamer, good choice. I agree with the comments, it needs a double bubble and a wild grille..

15. Chandler

Chandler
    from Rowlett,TX

that looks neat. good luck on the projects

16. Hip

Hip

Plowboy, without kissing your ass too much , i gotta say you are truely a custom car builder. You and Doc man, and some select others, Keep doing what ya do! :D

17. Thumper

Thumper

I gotta tell ya.........that thing is cool as a moose!

18. bigron

bigron

tudor your sick!!.............pink??

19. TIKIFREAK13

TIKIFREAK13
    from Duluth MN

wow this is making me think hard bout mateing model A cowl I got to 60 IMP ass end i got in woods to make a monster ....Plows one with blue A? with olds? rear? cound any one post some pics of that i only got one & am in love with that car?truck? well rod

20. Plowboy

Plowboy

Wow, this thing keeps coming back up.

Mr Tiki, I was eyeballing an Impala and I think you would have to put in different taillights because when you narrow one, the points would be together or maybe even pass each other. Also, the way the whole ass end points to the center it would be a lot harder to narrow than one with a relatively flat decklid. That said, there was a post on here not too long ago about a similar Impala body that was constructed "back in the day".

I'd give it a go though if I had the stuff laying around. Go for it, I look forward to seeing some more oddball shit!

21. Plowboy

Plowboy

Here are the pics of the one I spoke of. It is not narrowed as much but it has wheelwells instead. You can see that by narrowing it so the tires would be on the outside of the quarters the taillights would would be into each other. You wouldn't be able to get it stupid low, but I think it would look cool.

22. Django

Django
    from Chicago

You wouldn't have that problem on a '60. They have small round taillights.

23. Plowboy

Plowboy

I wasn't aware of that, this is the only 60 I have ever spent much time around! Ha Ha Ha!

24. TIKIFREAK13

TIKIFREAK13
    from Duluth MN

i have these in dads woods was going to make a couch from the 55 ass & a grill from the 60 but now with some model A stuff think i will go nuts with welding damn Plow you do great work

25. Plowboy,

I love the way the Lunar Lander is coming along, I keep trying to figure out what your plans are for the front end that will be as cool as the back end.
    I can envision a headlight pod similar to the blasters that were on the War of the world alien space ships, something like the headlight pod on mysterion but different.
    How about something like late 60's injector scoop mounted mid way up the sides of the radiator shell. Something like this but not as large, 8" across the opening, with projector lights deeply recessed.
    [​IMG]
    With something like this you could also put turn signals and a mesh grill in front of the lights that wouldn't be easily seen. If you look at the front view of the Lander with these in mind and also imagine the mount coming from the side of the radiator shell that is out of view, I think it would look great.

Just thinking out loud,
    a54studebaker

26. Cleatus said what I was thinking....59 Olds headlights and abbreviated grille but I'd even go one step further: Original 59 Olds dark gold metallic and white tu-tone paint....maybe Olds hubcaps with wide whites too. Let's not forget the dash...narrowed 59 Olds?

27. you are beyond cool.

I don't think I read what motor you're planning on? Rocket?