Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone have a Hollander exchange manual for early 60's cars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ChuckUFarley, Jun 19, 2011.

1. I am in need of some assistance. I have a 61 T-bird that needs new rear drums for it. I checked all of the local auto parts (not available) then I surfed the web and about had a heart attack over the prices.

I was told on another site that from 59 thru 62 the part numbers for the rear drums were the same. I just want someone to verify this info for me with a Hollander manual so that I am 100% certain of this. If it is true, I have found a source for new 60 rear drums from Bendix for $31.95 from Summit Racing (of all places). I just don't want to spend my cash for parts that "might" fit. Thanks for any help.

2. pq55

pq55

hollander list for 59 (729),60 (839)and for 61-62(16)
    16 is also for 61-64 pass.

Pat

3. gas pumper

gas pumper

60 rear fits: 60 edsel, 60 ford pass, 60 T-bird. hollander interchange # 839

61-62 rear fits: Ford 61-62 all pass, Ford 63-63 pass., Merc 61-64, T-bird 61-62.. Hollander #16. Ford#C3AZ1126A

Hpoe this can help.

4. Thanks guys, guess I'm still screwed as far as finding drums.

Well back to the drawing board.

5. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

maybe not I googled the part number and this came up:
    http://www.henryspartsdepot.com/wheels-and-drums/ I know you did some internet research but this may help also there is a guy on ebay that is selling off a lot of Vintage Ford parts located in Dandridge,TN for decent prices I picked up a NOS '54 Ford oil pan for $45 as an example,you may have to do some detective work to find Him.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  6. leebros60

leebros60
    from new jersey

cant you just get the width of the shoes and diameter of drum for any year ford 9 in along with the lug pattern? dont know just thinking it would work.

7. the last ford i did ,of that era, i used front drums. they are reinforced and heavier so the part number is different but they work.

8. I'd love it if that was the case, but I'd have to digress to the more knowledgeable on the subject.