Register now to get rid of these ads!

Our First Bomber Seat.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CustomJ, Jun 13, 2011.

1. CustomJ

CustomJ

I recently moved in with a good friend and Fabricator in Efforts to mass produce the knowledge, tools, and equipment at an affordable price to the consumer This is our First Product together. were targeting equipment as the main product but for now were Just experimenting with different skills and abilities we have to make this happen

Attached Files:

2. rtomss

rtomss

That's a good looking seat. I'm sure you'll get alot of interest. It's kind of a "refined bomber" if there's such a thing.

3. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

They look REALLY nice. The only thing I can see being a problem is the sharp edges that aren't rolled over or anything.

4. CustomJ

CustomJ

5. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

yeah it needs more of a substantial framework. maybe where the rivits are just add something to the back or roll the edge over some 1/16 rod or something.

6. CustomJ

CustomJ

Im gonna head out to the lab Ill post the results

7. CustomJ

CustomJ

With the help of the Nintendo Gun I found the right diameter for the edges and ill just make a one inch strip out of the 0.80 alum I used to match the profiles of the seat and then re rivit the leather between the seat and the new strip on the back side.

Attached Files:

8. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Aluminum pencil rod welded along every exposed edge would work nice, even if you would have to outsource the welding. The design looks great though. Bomber jacket leather pads would look killer! While I'm at it, circles (lightening holes) cut in the upholstered board would be really nice looking too.

9. CustomJ

CustomJ

not to late for the holes we could cut it from the back side deburr and wrap I kinda like that Idea for sure. what do you mean by bomber jacket leather pads?

10. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

11. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I think you're gonna come out with the perfect Bomber seat, right as the craze dies out.

Damn fine work though.

12. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

Potential for great looking bomber seats.
    Congrats.

13. squirrel

squirrel

14. That really sucks. That was a cool old plane. At least everyone on board is O.K.

15. 1gearhead

1gearhead

Let me know when you have a finished final design pair ready for sale. Depending on price I may be interested in a pair for my Model A Roadster Pickup. They look Good!

16. Straightpipez

Straightpipez
    from St. Louis

That's a nice looking seat. I plan on making my seats as well, using hot rolled steel instead of aluminum. Nuthin' like hot rolled after it has cleared.

17. rick finch

rick finch

I was gonna say the same thing....kinda played out aren't they? Nice looking seat though.:cool:

18. brady1929

brady1929

19. CustomJ

CustomJ

thanks for the feed back heres the finished result

Attached Files:

20. Rumbler

Rumbler

Now thats a bomber seat! good work guys, I think you'd get some decent business selling to the public. Or maybe just HAMB-only members?;)

21. KrisKustomPaint

KrisKustomPaint

Nicely done sir. Mighty fine craftsmanship.

22. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

don't you need some larger diameter lip at the front edge. to give strength (from sagging) since the sides are so far back from the front edge and to keep someones legs from getting cut..). being so flat does not look comfortable. (maybe study some of the real one that came out of planes.. they were made for long flights..

I think it is a great start. I am going to be in the market in the near future for a set of seats for my modified project.. will be curious to see what your final design ends up looking like

23. Does any one have a how-to set rivets or a good video?
    I did a search and got nothing
    I want rivet some sheet metal together.
    thanks

24. KIRK!

KIRK!

When you get them worked out I'd be happy to put them as a new product in the Gazette.

WAY COOL!

25. ohioslingshot

ohioslingshot

Hello,
    Are you now starting to sell the bomber seats?? If so please let me know how much and if the can be done in black instaed of the tan. What is the width of the seat and the height?? Do they set up straight or are they laid back??
    Thanks John