Register now to get rid of these ads!

106 is too danged hot!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lobucrod, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Even passed on going to a car show today. Didn't see any future in paying $20 to go sit in 106 degree heat for 4 hours. Texas weather has it drawbacks at times. It seems like the 100+ temps get here earlier every year.

2. well tell ya what, ill trade ya 50mph winds here in the white mountains of az for your 106 degree weather in tx, i will only trade if there is no wind with your 106 degrees.

3. and Ill tell ya what, ill sweeten the deal for ya. ill even let ya throw in the smoke from our wild fire...

4. piratestagehand

piratestagehand
    from Sparta, NJ

I'll toss in my NJ winters for your heat.

5. big creep

big creep

its 75 in burbank today! and yea 106 is africa hot!!! fuck that, its going to be in the 90's by tuesday. looks like work is going to suck for me!

6. JMel

JMel

Yeah, in our region, its a shame that there aren't more winter shows. I don't know about you, but i'd almost rather go to a show when its 45 degrees rather than 105 degrees....and i friggen HATE the cold.

Mid-afternoon shows this time a year aren't even worth it. Especially in Dallas area where shade is typically not available. Had a great show in Paris,TX last week, all day show, lots of trees, pavilion, and even a rec. center that had its A/C turned up to its diamond nipples setting. Too bad shows like that are rare.

Black steel roadster, no top, and vinyl seats don't make Texas summers much fun. Although I walked out back door at 1:00am this morning and risked pissing off the neighbors - it was WAY too nice outside to not go for a little cruise.

7. You will be glad you live in Texas next February when the guys up north post those pictures of the snow fall on their rods...:)
    [​IMG]

8. 61falcon

61falcon

I don't blame you one bit. car shows are supposed to be fun, not suffered through.

9. JJK

JJK

Texas has two seasons, hot and hotter.

10. outlaw256

outlaw256

its been around 100for going on 2 weeks here in bama, and thats too damn hot. 100 outside makes our shop 120 inside.i cant take it anymore. i get sick to my stomach and i get the runnin shi--!! id rather work in the shop when it 30 outside, i can throw some heat out there but i got no air cond.i dont like real hot and i dont like real cold.we have been starting work in the shop around 5 pm and quit aroun 10.not very long but its cooler.

11. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

Man I wish it would stay below 106!:mad:

OutLaw...it's good to see your still around.

Viva

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

But isnt it that "Dry Heat" you guys always talk about:rolleyes:

13. rschilp

rschilp

Drove out slightly off topic convertible on data night yesterday, fun but too hot even after sundown.

Picked up a car today, 1927 T-bucket, when I laid down on the car hauler to strap it down I actually burned my arm on that black diamond plate floor of the trailer.

Had to do some welding, made it to the shop at 6am got in my leathers and was done by 7am, drenched from sweat, already to warm to work.

This 100+ weather with strong winds is just no fun.

14. JustJoey

JustJoey

You must not be talking about Texas...its hot and humid. The dry heat is Arizona/Nevada.

After looking at the forecast back home im kinda glad im in South Carolina. Its 70 right now here. :D

15. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

85 with high humidity today.You needed a snorkle to breathe? Smelly people stink worse!
    Allegany moutains will trade humidity for heat any day!

16. outlaw256

outlaw256

vivalahotrod,man i aint going nowhere!!ive been down for a long long time, but i keep hangin on.i just started going back out in the shop a few months ago.now this damn heat hits and im ready to stay back inside,and i hate staying inside.we havent heard from you in so long i was afraid something happened to you. keep in touch brother. ken

17. Deuces

Deuces

Was 86 here (Motown) yesterday and I had to wear a suit. :( Sure glad it wasn't humid!

18. big creep

big creep

i remember being in oklahoma one summer, WOW THAT SUCKED!!! humid and hot ouch!

19. outlaw256

outlaw256

95 right now and i got to go out to the shop.last nite at aroud 7 i was only 75 and by dark it was great.stayed out there until i got hungry and went in to eat a bite and could not make myself go back out lol

20. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Here in Phoenix it's only going to be 102 today which is four degrees below normal they are calling for 111 on Thursday.We don't see hurricanes or floods or tornados here but we do get scared :eek: when the utility bill comes in the mail from running the A/C.

21. havi

havi

Just cracked 50F this afternoon here. However the rain and wind make it feel a bit colder. (that's me rubbing it in)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  22. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

It is 48 so far....may get to mid 50's today!

23. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

COWBOY UP & stay in the AC .
    "AND THE BOWTIE ROLLS ON"

24. 53Hattie

53Hattie

Yeah Man, ...quityerbitchen! Here in Central Oregon, we're runnin' way sub-normal temps for the season. Here it is the middle of bloody June & we haven't had a single day hit 80 degrees yet, not even many in the 70s. Still have the heat on in the house & haven't had the windows open or a fan on at night yet. So far, this Spring/Summer SUCKS!

25. Dealing with the heat is tough. I lived in Borrego Springs, CA, look it up.... 60 miles from Mexico and 30 feet above hell. On a HOT day it'll stay 102-103 all night. I had to find a 130 degree thermometer.

If you get outside really early, you don't notice the heat sneaking up on you instead of walking out of a cool house into the inferno.

For your shop, get a HUGE fan or two. Or a swamp cooler if it's not humid. Cross ventilation and/or air circulation is key.

I put a sprinkler on the (white) roof of my shop with a timer. It really helped. Later on, I made a framework that held 85 percent shade cloth a foot above the roof covering the shop. That really! helped with a sprinkler and a swamp cooler. 20-25 degrees difference.

Seems the older you get, harder it is to deal with heat.
    By the way, now I live near Portland Oregon.

[​IMG]

26. A Rodder

A Rodder

Rained all day at a car show here in Oregon, forecast is looking good though. We have winter and wet spring then winter. Ill take it over a 100+ days regularly though.

27. big creep

big creep

yea no! this week starts the heat up, at least for us that is. high pressure moving on in the area, and its looking to stay! i love how its been cool, i hate when stupid dumb fuck weather men say " its beautiful 85 outside!" im like fuck you guys, try working outside for a living bet they would be singing a different tune!

i build new homes, so we are no where near any ac. i dont mind it a little warm, but not Africa hot!

28. slammed

slammed

Yep. every winter the fella's from Tejas show us pix of MILD 73 degree days while the frozen tundra of the Great Plains states shiver a F.O.! SWEAT!!!

29. Swifster

Swifster

It'd been between 92* and 99* here in central Florida. The word is moist. I got a new DD with A/C. My Ranger's A/C gave up the ghost 3 years ago. It's so much nicer.

Being from Detroit originally, I'd rather deal with the summer heat than winter cold and snow. You don't have to shovel humidity...

30. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

If the winds don't stop SL will be in your town

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.