Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Got a line on a Model A mordor.....What would YOU do with it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brett4christ, Jun 18, 2011.

1. I've toyed with the idea of trying to find a Model A to build. One popped up in the area (THAT never happens!), but it's a 4 door.

Obviously a coupe or 2-door would be first choice, but I definitely have a budget to consider (2 girls getting ready for college and anything that may happen later!).

If I go with the mordor, I need some ideas on which way to go! Definitely traditional, but fenderless and maybe a MILD chop. Try to keep all 4 doors functional.....or......maybe build a 5-window Ute?!?!?!

Show me what you got, yours or someone elses!!!

2. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

I stuck mine in the office for now. it will all fit thru a walk in door if you hold your mouth right and have a couple buddies help.

[​IMG]

Mine is staying a mordor, full fendered, running boards, 32 tank with splash aprons, 29 benz grille and shell, mild chop, wide 5s, and a 259 Studey V8/t5 as motivation.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  3. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

IMHO fenderless ruins the car....

4. 4 door model a's look good too, plus its nice, you can take buddies / kids / dogs etc etc a lot easier with a 4 door.

5. anteek

anteek

fordors without fenders usually get called rodentrods.

6. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

oh the things i could do with it,man my garage would be loosing parts left & right,i have everything but a body & frame,
    i would use[these things i have in the garage] a hupmoble raditor & shell,1931 buick head lights,50 pontiac talilights,fenton headed flatty W/3speed,man i gotta stop my brain is hurting,
    well ever you do with it,just remember it's yours.

7. Here are a pic of mine.

[​IMG]

8. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

will try to get a couple of pix scanned to send. but i have 30 basically stock bodied w/ two tone paint subtle brown and gray. running M2 front ent, w/ 2.3L 5sp and rear from 85 ranger. will cruise at speed limit plus deliver 25+mpg and just a hell of a lot of fun w/o any anxiety. less than 20k invested great family/ friends car. go for it and get the girls involved! larry

9. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

build a nice full fendered fordor,those extra doors come in handy.make a cool cruzer,get you in all the meets

10. garth slater

garth slater
    from Melbourne

Wow i have never seen a fenderless fordor look good till this post/ Junk OSC nailed it!

I reckon mild chop, fendered, early mags, drop axle, and any early OHV v8 would make a gorgous mordor A

11. THAT'S what I'm talkin'bout! Nice job!

Any others out there??

12. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

Fender less 4 doors are bitchin! Period,nuff said,dont argue.

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

I like that a lot! The channel job is what makes it IMO. I'd like to build a '29 Blindback that has that look. Study early 1930's Bentley and Jaguar four doors, and they have the same look. [​IMG]

14. Buy it and worry about it later,,,,,

15. built2grind

built2grind

what he said !!!!

16. I like Fordors because of the room and access, and just because they're different.

Here's my 32...

Attached Files:

17. studematt

studematt

My 31 slant windshield. More doors mean more fun.

Attached Files:

18. this. except with out the white walls.

Attached Files:

19. Scarebird

Scarebird
    Alliance Vendor
    from ABQ, USA

perhaps this?

Attached Files:

20. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

All the Model A Fordors with the exception of the 31 Slant Windshield ones are completely, including the doors and sills, wood structured. Something to think about.

21. long island vic

long island vic

im figuring that my grandson will run in and out of the back of the car many times without ever hitting his head on the steering wheel,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thats what its all about

22. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

did you go buy it yet ?

23. So, does a slant windshield make it more desirable? Is it completely void of wood structure, or are parts still wood?

Haven't yet....Funds are kinda skinny and I still have to build the '46!

24. The37Kid

The37Kid

Slant windsheild is a more desirable, therefore the parts cost more. If it is a Blindback, just windows in the doors grab it, you could flip it for good money.

25. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i was pondering this over the last couple days. and i think i wold build one full fendered with a 2.3 banger and 5 speed and drive it every day. full fenders would make it a good winter car...

but when i get around to actually doing something with my Model A stuff, i suspect i will build a simple A banger powered fenderless car with juice brakes.

26. chopt top kid

chopt top kid

I'd pass... Buy a coupe...

27. [​IMG]
    This was at Santa Maria last month.

28. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

Some things just are not meant to be. Enough said.

Neal

29. jbtine

jbtine

Who cares what others think. Your the one that has to build it. Your the one that has to pay for it and your the one that has to enjoy driving it. Build it for for your enjoyment not someones entertainment. This is a picture of my 4 dr slant window car now a channeled shortened 2 dr and I have enjoyed the build more than any other car that I ever owned.

Attached Files:

30. 55chevr

55chevr

4 doors can be converted to sedan delivery models. There are a couple that have been done on the HAMB