Register now to get rid of these ads!

Autolite Spark Plugs - CHINA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldspwr, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

The people ARE your friends!

It's the ONE SIDED GOVERNMENT , That is padding themselves and suppressing it's own people that is the enemy.

It is not communist over there like we would like to think, what China has is a Feudal class system similar to Europe in the dark ages.

They have swapped the Old dynasties for the Communist party, but it is still a Feudal system.
    People born into this [ sons and daughters of gov't officials ] live a life of privilege .
    After living over there, I now believe the world should boycott their products. [ ALL OF IT ]

The world boycotted "blood diamonds" from Sierra Leone and Liberia [who were using the proceeds against human rights.
    China says they "Need Time" to introduce human rights , yet the arrogant pricks do absolutely nothing.
    The world should stop Kissing Ass to China!!!

We all can do our bit, by refusing to buy their shit! and spreading bad publicity about Companies that peddle their shit!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  2. rgaller

rgaller

All of my vehicles are imports, they last WAY longer than the crappy American cars. My 2000 Toyota 4runner just keeps humming along, all I have to do is add gas. My 1998 Chevy Blazer is a big pile of crap, the quality difference is night and day.

3. Rumbler

Rumbler

The last time "Made in the USA" held any weight in this world was WWII. Shame we cant have an old fashioned war like that again. :(

4. Deuces

Deuces

Maybe you should move there... :rolleyes:

5. Rumbler

Rumbler

something that made me think about this thread was a story about some kid talkin' to an old timer about using some good 'ol elbow grease to get the job done. The old timer's reply was: Elbow grease? they still make that?:D:D

6. Deuces

Deuces

That's the way our fathers did it in the ol' days... They didn't mind the hard work..

7. Rumbler

Rumbler

Exactly, they are the reason why "Made in the USA" means soo much to us! This is what we as a country have done with their legacy. And HAMB is one of the few things that keeps the all or nothin' days alive and well.

8. rgaller

rgaller

Move where?

9. Deuces

Deuces

china or japan.. Take your pick!

10. rgaller

rgaller

No thanks, I'm happy living in America.

11. Deuces

Deuces

Well, you sure ain't doing your part to keep this coutry of ours rolling along.. I kinda wonder how your grandparents or your great grandparents feel about you buying imports..

12. Rumbler

Rumbler

Lately though the jap cars aren't the best quality. Look at toyota, millions of their cars recalled in the last couple of years, Nissan is crap, thank god Ford dropped Mazda from its family. I think the only legit foreign automaker that builds cars in the U.S is Hyundai and apparently they are the up and coming manufacturer, but they still cant hold a candle to the mighty blue oval. hehehe

13. Deuces

Deuces

I'd rather ride on a horse an' buggy like they did in the ol' days...

14. RichG

RichG

Subaru builds a pretty darn good little car, I believe that the Legacy and Outback are built in Indiana. Nissan builds decent vehicles in Mississippi and Tennessee. Fords are built mostly in the United States, but some are done in Canada and Mexico.

It's a global market guys, while I agree that trying to limit purchases made outside our borders is better for us, the truth is that the lines are so blurred that finding anything built purely within our borders would be a daunting task, at least on any sustainable scale.

Attacking people for their purchasing choices is short sighted and mean spirited. That energy would be put to better use by enlightening folks to what CAN be had "Made in the U.S.A."

Cheers.

15. Rumbler

Rumbler

Very true, its never too late to make "Made in the U.S.A." mean something again.

16. RichG

RichG

I gotta catch some z's guys!

...maybe some thought aught to be given to a social group that could put together lists of where American made products could be found... just a thought.

G'night:D

17. Rumbler

Rumbler

Keep the faith man, The HAMB community is strong! if we stick together then nothing can get in our way.

18. Deuces

Deuces

19. Rumbler

Rumbler

Anytime, thats what its all about.

20. We would lose. This country does not have the industrial base to support an all out war. It also does not have a merchant marine. It took six months to gather forces for Desert Storm.

21. Oh, BTW...

China holds our debt. They actually own us.

22. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Ever have your life depend on a "Made in tha USA " piece of crap M-16 rifle ? I'm as patriotic as anyone , but those who think that you are buying the best when you buy American need a reality wake up call. Give me an AK-47 any day. And no ......I'm not moving so don't flippin go there .

23. TOUCHE' and damn good point... :(

24. r7bis

r7bis

I chuckle every time I see someone says buy American made cars. I see every week frames and vehicles trained in from Mexico. Buying “American” doesn’t help when parts are imported here just to be assembled.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  25. Deuces

Deuces

Guess we can only blame ourselves for that mess, huh??? :mad:

26. As a final result, yes. It was us that allowed all of these crooked politicians to use taxes other than what they were intended for.

When crooks like Rangle and Reid get re-elected (other than Chicago style politics) there is something very wrong with the American populace.

We are now involved in two new wars and not one says anything.

27. rgaller

rgaller

I guess I "ain't". I don't think my lineage would have any interest in the type of cars I buy. If they had a problem with me buying imports, then that's what it would be, THEIR problem. I would rather buy a car that is high quality and a holds a good resale value, both of which do NOT describe American cars (unfortunately).

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

BINGO. Someone who actually knows whats going on. And if China stops propping up the US dollar(not that that is likely to happen, they need Americans to buy all the crap they manufacter for Wal-Mart) its all over. The dollar will drop to about 1/3 of its present value, the real cost of the US deposit will treble, and thats all she wrote. Not politics just economics.

PS: Cripes!! I dont know what the hell I am worried about, just took a look at the previous page of this thread, all it is is one long, ill-informed political rant.

29. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

At least there are a couple guys talking sense on here.

30. Operation Desert Storm was postponed initially because we did not have enough cruise missiles as Sweden or Switzerland (can't remember which one)would not sell us particular rare earth magnets the missiles required for the guidance systems because they were against us going into Iraq.

We sold the only rare earth magnent processor we had in the US, Magnaquench in Indiana, to the Chinese earlier and they moved the plant/proccess to China.

We are literally the most stupid country in the world.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.