Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage LA Roadster Show Friday

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by badshifter, Jun 17, 2011.

1. badshifter

badshifter

I'm beat and it's only Friday! If you've been to this show before, you won't recognize it. The "Specialty Car Parking" is where the swapmeet used to be. The swapmeet area seems to have doubled in size and is where specialty car parking was, all the way into where the outdoor vendors used to be and beyond. The vendor cabana area has been torn down and has moved indoors. Bring your walking shoes!
    I spent the day shopping as promised, and hung with Derek Bower and Pete Eastwood. Got to meet Rick Barakat and heard great stories. Met and saw several HAMBers buying E & B shirts. Saw Dave Shuten and many others.
    Gene Winfield is there a few doors down from where I was hanging out. He works harder than many 20 year olds. And he was smiling, having his pic. taken by many and autographing stuff
    Things I saw bought and sold in my group: Original 32 frame rails, complete and cherry 32 front end with wishbone and spindles, 32 gas pedal assy. 40 ford wheels as nice as any I've seen and a Halibrand QC. A few little page books, Moon catalog, vintage goggles
    I saw the ACME Speed Shop set-up, Mr. Acme was MIA, Mrs. ACME was in the motorhome and I wasn't going to bang on the door to say hi. Had a good talk with Roy Brizio about a mutual "difficult" (my words) customer. Saw Blackie, lot's of the LA Roadster guys and bought a 13 dollar tri-tip sandwich.
    The day started raining and ended up pretty hot. I'm fried. And it's only friday. I'm home now while the serious guys are still swapping or at the many open house parties. My camera? I left it at home. Real nice.
    More tomorrow! So much more to buy and do.

2. badshifter

badshifter

Oh, and I saw some CRAZY high prices on big ticket stuff, but man, the decent common stuff was priced right on everything I saw or asked about. Brookville must have delivered 50 bodies, they had 3 or 4 semi trailers full of just that being unloaded.

3. McFly

McFly

Thanks for the update...did you see any 32 5W garnish?

I'm heading out in the am.

4. badshifter

badshifter

Nope, but I'm looking mostly at chassis/suspension stuff. I did see someone had what looked like cast aluminum 3 window garnish moldings but didn't slow down to look closely.

Specialty car parking I'm told is 20 bucks plus entry of 35 bucks, but I'm not positive. I drove in with a friend whose a vendor.

5. McFly

McFly

I'm looking for a frame too. Hopefully if I find one, I won't have to drag to the other side of the event to load it. LOL!

6. bonesy

bonesy

What a shopping spree! Cool.

7. NO,
    SPECIALTY PARKING:
    [FONT=Clearface Regular,Clearface Regular][FONT=Clearface Regular,Clearface Regular](Pre ‘75 Cars Only) Classics, hot rods and other special interest cars will be entered in this large area forming a huge car show. Cars for sale may also have a special area to park. Admission is $10 per car, $20 per person per day. Children under 12 are free. Enter at Gate #15 off of Arrow Highway.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

And my Tri Tip Sandwich was only $8.50

8. badshifter

badshifter

Too cheap for the fries and drink eh?

9. Don't need the fries and have a cooler full of BEER :eek:

10. So besides the show and swap whats happening Sat - Sat night?

11. hanginlow58

hanginlow58

Ok so spectator parking is across the street at gate 9, this sucks because if you buy a bunch of goodies at the swap you now have to lug it all the way through the show and across the street? Is this right or can you park closer to the swap area

12. rancid737

rancid737

pictoors peepol! eye kant reed!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

thanks for the info.......Hows Frank doing at the booth???? I guess thats your in????
    may run into you in the A.M later B

14. oc dave

oc dave

So does anyone have insight if we buy in the swap do we really have to truck it thru the show to the otherside parking lot?? This blows if so...

15. X2 mea kant reed evar :)