Register now to get rid of these ads!

What famous car made the biggest impression on you?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gassercrazy41, Jun 17, 2011.

1. LBCD

LBCD

2. TurboT

TurboT
    from China

3. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

very cool guys...thanks a lot for sharing....keep posting!

4. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

:p Bill Burke and his Suite Sixteen Lakester ;)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  5. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

6. k9kohl

k9kohl
    from Nashville

I have 3 Milners coupe TV Batmobile and the Monkee Mobile

7. b-bob

b-bob

Isn't that the roadster with the chrome frame? And it is still around right?

8. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

Marcellus & Borsch Winged Express, and Danny Eichstedts Leg Show Tee.

One for show & one for go.

And the Munster car too.

Guess I just liked model Ts

9. The 2 that have influenced me the most would have to be Bruce Sizemores H/MP maverick and his I/gas Pinto.Love them Inline 6's

10. Clik

Clik

Robert Mitchum's 51 Ford in Thunder Road. I was born in 54 and that was probably my first recognition of fast cars in movies or TV.

Other memorable "famous" cars from my youth were Art Afron's Green Monster (I don't know which one of his Green Monsters was the first to catch my interest).

Later on the was the movie Bullit. Sorry 'stang dudes but I was rootin' for the black Charger.

Then there was Two Lane Black Top and the 55 Chevy.

I have to confess to tuning in The Munsters just to check out the family car and Grandpa's Dragula. Sure it's goofy now but hot rods on TV weren't very common back when there were only three clear stations on the rabbit ears and a test pattern broadcast much of the night.

I also liked the Color Me Gone AWB 65 Dodge.

11. Deuces

Deuces

This would have to do it for me... I built my first model of it when I was a kid...

Attached Files:

12. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

13. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

It may not be all that famous ... but this ROADSTER did it for me ...

[​IMG]

Met Gray in the late 80's and his personality just sealed the deal. :D

14. the Phantom Corsair

when I was about 8 I got a book with pictures of cars from Harrah's in Reno, and the Phantom Corsair was like NOTHING else I'd ever seen.

I couldn't put my finger on it until years later, but I lust after traditional customs. The styling cues, sleekness, the sinister vibe that the Phantom Corsair emanates, I'm drawn to.

15. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Isn't it on the bumper man?

Attached Files:

16. jdanielshea

jdanielshea
    from Denton, TX

To this day Ed Roth's Beatnik Bandit is the most memorable vehicle I ever saw. Looked at it in car mags in the 60s and built the model car. Much later on, during my first of many marriages, we were on a ski trip to Tahoe in '86. My ex-wife and I had time to kill in Reno before the flight home. Saw an ad for a car collection there in town. All kinds of 20s and 30s Caddys, Rolls and Duesenburgs. Then I walk around a corner and just start shouting, Oh Sh*t, Oh Sh*t, Oh Sh*t!!!!! There sat the Bandit. I still get goose bumps today. Ex said that was the most excited she'd ever seen me get over anything. And she was right. The Beatnik Bandit rules!

17. Rattleon

Rattleon
    from Idaho

For me it all started with building models, but as far as big screen cars go it would be Milners 5 window, '55 chev in two lane black top/American Graffiti (liked the two lane version better) and project X '57 chev, in Hollywood Knights...may it rest in peace.

18. I agree on the Phantom Corsair but I gravitated towards the Dragstrip and the first time I saw the "WINGED EXPRESS" I was sold on the Bad Ass Hot Rod Roadsters with an "In your face" tire ripping..., Wheel Standing... out of control type HORSEPOWER!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Customs but that little monster makes me smile everytime I think of it!!!:D

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xOXDtYgPSfE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. 123

from Seattle

As a little kid running around local car shows it would have to be John Ramage's F100, Dick Page's 32 and Jim Babbitts 53 F100 (that was originally my dads and I ended up owning it for a while) and of course Ed Roth cars.

Now my favorite cars are Lanny Ericson's 56, "VooDoo" Larry Grobe's Voodoo Kreeper and pretty much anything build by Gene Winfield.

20. hotroddaddy

hotroddaddy
    from jax, fla

I was a kid in the 80`s so even though its not too HAMB friendly the one that really got me was the zz top eliminator! Hot girls, hot rods and guitars!

21. used2b

used2b
    from indiana

how's about the pair of stars from the movie 'the giant gila monser'. i fell for the sound of a built flathead while watching that movie at a theater! still dig that show, for the rods!

22. fbama73

fbama73

23. mysteryman

mysteryman
    from atlanta

we were in atlanta at the varsity when i was little.across the interstate at a motel was a car on a trailer my dad drove us over it was (if i remember correctly)TOMMY IVO's dragster .just wanted to ad i should have a famous car.they filmed the new footloose movie here in atlanta last summer.came to my house borrowed my 64 malibu dirt track car(white #41)it should be used in the scene where the girl breaks the windshield out of the truck(sitting in back ground).there money in movies made $450.00 for that one scene

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  24. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

these two...

Attached Files:

25. Grabowski's little 'Kookie T's the one for me.

26. ,,,back in the '50's Bonneville stuff in Hot Rod mag, Kenz & Leslie 777 and Karol Miller's Fords

27. retro rodder

retro rodder
    from cape cod

not hamb friendly but sox & martin

28. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

i love reading all of these!

29. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Looking at this thread, you can tell who the old guys are and who the younger guys are who were influenced by TV and movies....

For me, probably the Ala Kart, I know its ugly, but I remember it most as a kid......In my teen years, I read all about the Project X car in PHR

30. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

i was born in the 90's but have been reading magazines from the late 60's and 70's and studied the gasser wars...customs and gassers are what really have interested me the most.