Register now to get rid of these ads!

LARS Layout very different this year

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AJofHollywood, Jun 17, 2011.

1. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

They have turned it all around this year. I've been told some roadster are going to be inside for the first time.
    And there is going to be a long walk to the swap meet (the only part I really go for).

Bring your pre-75 pick-up truck and park in specialty parking for a little more. And then avoid pulling a 100 pound wagon a mile and up & down that ramp.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  2. Crankhole

Crankhole

I was thinkin' the same thing. It's gonna be one long walk for anyone hauling parts back to their vehicle.

3. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

Theres no parking in the North lot??

4. Crankhole

Crankhole

Not according to the event map.

5. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

That is BS !!!!!!!!

If this is true, I sense a lot of complaints.

6. Dennis Lacy

Dennis Lacy

There's not much they can do about it since the former parking lot across from the swapmeet is being renovated. The LA Roadsters website explains that this was one of the reasons behind the new layout.

As for me, I'm driving my '27 Roadster tomorrow so it don't matter to me!

7. McFly

McFly

I was asking the same question last night on here. Will there be a special "pick-up" area that we can drive over to? I have a feeling sales will be down if you have to drag shit a mile through the show and a tunnel.

Maybe we can stash our goods at camp HAMB?

8. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are right Dennis, the fairplex people are not there to accomodate the public!
    Since we moved there in 1980, each year brings NEW surprises when it comes time for the annual LAR show & swap.
    At least we have a whole bunch of acres to try & do the best for all of the swappers, this is a far cry from the limited space back at the old Great Western Exhibit building.-----Don

9. modelaman

modelaman
    from sunland ca

I cant make it on saturday but I will be driving my stock 1930 wornout roadster there on sunday. am I correct that the roadster entrance is the same gate as years before? and to eveyone that is going on saturday, dont buy up all the good swap meet parts, save some for me:0)

10. I was there today setting up our swap area. It was PACKED with swapers and the vendor area looked good too. Picked up a RPU and Frame from Brookville and it was definitley busy over there as well. Plus sold one of my cars today there.
    I have no issues with the new layout, it's just different - get over it :D

11. Weasel

Weasel

Don't forget to visit the 'NSRA' Museum - you're sure to get your fill of street rods there....:rolleyes:

12. MilesM

MilesM

Roadster entry is at gate 1 by the museum

13. modelaman

modelaman
    from sunland ca