Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Casual T

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. willymakeit

willymakeit

I like the casual line. Fits my cars also. Good read

3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I dig the Casual rides myself

4. sololobo

sololobo

Very nice, love this attitude and understand it. ~sololobo~

5. koth

koth

I like that term too. It fits with how I much I enjoy driving my stuff and not worrying about getting it all perfect before putting it on the road.

6. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, his quote about sums it up for me too...

7. flamingokid

flamingokid

Less is more in my opinion.Great car.

8. ABBoston

ABBoston
    from Boston

I am not a fan of modern t buckets - but this one is the real deal and very cool!

9. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

I need a 32 coupe casual rod.... if that is possible =D

10. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

That is one good looking T. I would love to see more people go this direction with a Model T build. There are just way too many ugly ones running around and still being built that are straight out of the 80s and 90s style book.

11. Roothawg

Roothawg

12. “I like casual hot rods. Cars that are built right with the right look, but that don’t amplify anxiety when you drive them, park them, enjoy them… I don’t need the complication of perfection.”

I couldn't agree more.

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

This little guy has three of my favorite things....

A Flathead, Moon Caps and a T Roadster body

How could I not love it.

I think I am in the same boat with casual hot rods for the most part. But most of that stems from my complete inability to work on anything that is overly complicated or too nice to lay a wrench on.

14. AHotRod

AHotRod

Isn't that what real old Hotrods are all about? Simple & Casual

15. GARY?

GARY?

I think most of the HAMBers would agree with his statement. Those are the types of cars, trucks, or motorbikes that catch my attention.

those pictures make me want to put the V8 flatty in my T.

16. weez

weez

Always dug that T... Robert Williams used to be in the The Albuquerque Rickshaws, must have been a colorful club, from the stories I've heard!

17. ricknroll

ricknroll

Couldn't agree more. To me, there is alot more beauty in a simple, honest built car than some catalog parts hanger.
    Plus, there's nothing fun about being afraid to actually use the thing.

18. I can dig it. "casual rods" I even like the name!

19. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Its hard to see in these photos but it actually has a Mercedes emblem on the top of the grille..

I have a better photos of it ill try to dig up..

20. mushmouth

mushmouth
    from Minnesota

Please do!

21. zomb1e

zomb1e

22. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

K.I.S.S.......always remembered it....Keep It Simple Stupid.....casual Hot Rods are the only one's I'm interested in................OH....I don't like most T's but that one is cool..I even remember it.....

23. "don’t amplify anxiety "

Well said.

24. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Simple and functional. I like it.
    Most perfect cars aren't driven much.

25. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Larry Ryan's T always did it for me. Casually built by a seventeen year old in 1960, yet a groundbreaking style. Typical of its time, those really were '59 Cad tailights as hub covers.

[​IMG]

26. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

i think this applies to any of us over 60. we understand that it was all about our individual tastes dictated esthetically or in most cases financially. today we have a checklist for "old school"? sorry most of you never heard a school bell! have a great day and keep building to your taste and style otherwise we'll all be back to Nehru jackets!

27. paintcan54

paintcan54

I have a T Bucket, and I really like the looks of this one. I too like the term "Casual Rods" thanks Ryan for putting this out there.

28. 2$ Bill

2$ Bill

Good timing on this post Ryan... The "T" is perfect because the National T-Bucket Alliance is having their national meet in Dayton Ohio this week. I'll be in attendance with my 1920 "T" Jalopy. Hopefully there will be a lot more T's like this in attendance! I'll get some pics & post them.

29. 'Build 'em right, and drive the snot out of them" Gray Baskerville Hot Rod Magazine.

30. cuzncletus

cuzncletus

If you ever get close to Honest Charlies, swing in. I went for a tour of H.C.'s and Coker's there and Mike Goodman came out to show us the place. His usual counter guy who does the tours was at lunch so Mike took over. It wasn't the first time I'd met him. He often does the Honest Charlie's tents at rod runs all over the country.

In the front of the museum is a relatively awful looking T-bucket out of the good old days back in the early 70's when the original Rod & Custom was pumping up the new term "street rods". Mike will brush you by it. But another old rodder friend of mine, Charlie Overfelt, told me of having Mike blow by him on the way to Street Rod Nats #2 driving this primitive bucket and pulling a homemade trailer. I was in college and only dreamed of such adventures back then. But Mike is an old guy who lived them. He doesn't promote this like so many guys who now appear to us like Mickey Mantle or Ty Cobb, ancient sport superstars; the guys who magnify their early accomplishments. He was there, he's genuine, and no matter what you think about his products or his prices, Goodman's got the pedigree to back it up.