Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm going to throw in the towel on my 2GC carb.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Jun 17, 2011.

1. I think it's time to install the 4 Barrell intake and carb. I think this 2GC is just worn out. Accelerator pump and linkage problems. I think the ethenol has part to do with acc. pump problems. The linkage has been messed with before I got the car. I drove it Wednesday afternoon , all was good . Then parked the car for few hours at a buddies, and started right up. Then like the car started to accelerate poorly . Just fustrated with it. sorry to rant

2. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Do you have the Viton (blue) accelerator pump diaphram? The ethanol swells up the rubber ones, but the Viton is ethanol resistant. I swapped mine out and it fixed the same issue.

3. The second one I put in was blue, the third was black. I did look at rubber diaphrams. Then on the second accelerator pump, part of rubber diaphram had come off the plastic. The third pump is starting to act up, I wonder if the bore is just worn out. I did see some on the E85 Acc. pump listed have a metal or aluminum cap on the plastic pump base. ( maybe for large bore 2GC) I thought the second blue acc. pump would do the trick( It was in a Hygrade rebuild kit)

4. carbking

carbking

The only accelerator pump that is truly ethanol resistant is leather.

However, you may have an electrical issue. If you started it us when hot, and you had issues, you may have either a defective coil or possibly a distributor advance unit that may be sticking.

Don't throw rocks at the carb until you are absolutely certain that it is the culprit.

Jon.

5. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

agreed.....