Register now to get rid of these ads!

53 210 Chevy 4dr/ Late introduction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ballageddon, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Ballageddon

Ballageddon
    from NorCal

My name is Kato and I picked up my first classic car about 3 yrs ago. I am the third owner and have been lurking the HAMB for awhile and been able to utilize the info here extensively. I recieved the Chevy mostly stock minus the 57 235 in her. She had every reg card since the day she was bought in the glovebox. It was hard for me to "break" into her for the first year as she was "complete" in my eyes. I spent the first year mostly making here somewhat reliable and just going through her. New leafs, master cyl, shocks, tires, plugs,etc, etc. Ive done quite a bit to her since and will slowly add pics.

Attached Files:

2. Dead End Sleds

Dead End Sleds

Nice car. Any other plans, other than driving? Have fun.

3. Hey "Kato", did you use to live in "O.J.s" guest house?:rolleyes: Nice car, by the way!

4. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

That car is a time capsule. Whatever you do, make the right decisions. They're only original once!

5. Ballageddon

Ballageddon
    from NorCal

More pics prior to molestation.......

Attached Files:

6. Ballageddon

Ballageddon
    from NorCal

Trunk was full of good stuff and....bad stuff.

Attached Files:

7. Ballageddon

Ballageddon
    from NorCal

Cleaned her up for 1st time. Gettin all the oxidation off and such.

Attached Files:

8. Ballageddon

Ballageddon
    from NorCal

New shocks, 3" blocks, new OEM leaf packs, whitewalls, paint buffed and polished. Lookin better already. This was about 2 months after I recieved her.

Attached Files:

9. Ballageddon

Ballageddon
    from NorCal

Next came the doorpanels and scallops. During this period I had my master cylinder crap while driving. Good times. Thankfully I had a proper e- brake. So I found a new master and replaced the old.

10. monkeyspunk79

monkeyspunk79

Looking good, and kudos for putting another one back on the road. That looks like a fun old cruiser. Good luck and keep posting those pics!

11. Jay Yuskaitis

Jay Yuskaitis

Had one EXACTLY the same, color and all, standard shift, from about 1963 thru 1965. How I loved that Chevy. Bought it for $35 from the original owner. We used it as a fishing and hunting car in Eastern Mass. It would go thru the woods as well as any jeep back then. Jay Y.

12. Ballageddon

Ballageddon
    from NorCal

yeaaahhh abbout that,...lil late. :rolleyes:

13. Ballageddon

Ballageddon
    from NorCal

uuhhhh,...no,...those gloves are waaay to big for me,....and no I wont try one on to see,...;)

By the way,..thanks.

14. Ballageddon

Ballageddon
    from NorCal

Thanks,..Ive bagged the rear and some other lil things. Plan on painting it and baggin front and finishing interior. Lastly will be getting rid of torque tube rear end but wanna keep the 235 and go t5 maybe.

15. Ballageddon

Ballageddon
    from NorCal

Here it has the Jamco 3" drop springs installed in front. I also removed the front frender body trim. I then installed it in place of the door trim after shortening it. I felt with the factory body crease in the fender, the trim looked redundant to me. Plus the trim sat right on the fender edge and looked out of place. I feel it looks for at home on the door. Now i need to solder the end closed where I cut it. I also painted the bumpers. I used the color I planned on using for the scallops.

Attached Files:

16. rougebeats

rougebeats

Wow, you came a long way since 1:30 this aftenoon lol
    Car looks great. Whats the plans for the grille and trim?

17. Ballageddon

Ballageddon
    from NorCal

Here some friends and I started to tape of the scallops, experimenting w/ some different ideas. Decided to build a pedal car to match. It will be scalloped as well. At the time I didnt have a kid, so I build it for my (then girlfriend)wifes weiner dog Patina.

Attached Files:

18. Ballageddon

Ballageddon
    from NorCal

1:30? wockawockawocka,..lol.
    Thx,..I plan on adding teeth and removing the turn signals and adding large bullets in the openings. Im going to fab a front splash pan as I have a hard time finding one that isnt trashed or stoopidly overpriced. Hood will be peaked and nosed. Im going to leave the hood bird and ditch the front emblem. The trunk will be decked. I will shave the rear door handles.

19. Ballageddon

Ballageddon
    from NorCal

Heres some with the scallops done. Im trying to locate a pic with the trunk scallops. Id snap a pic, but the scallops are gonzo as of now.:p

Attached Files:

20. DirtyEd

DirtyEd
    from Dallas Ga.

Cool ride.I love the scallops.I have been going back and forth on putting some on mine.

21. Ballageddon

Ballageddon
    from NorCal

Thanks. Spent a week on the Hamb gathering scallop pics. Pick n chose parts I liked and created my own. Taped it one night.....went to work the next day..came home n ripped it all off...taped it again and rattlecanned it.

22. Ballageddon

Ballageddon
    from NorCal

Here is when I started the bag job. Used the Gambinos notch and bag plates. They worked out great!!! Thx Alex. I must add as a side note that Alex is excellent to deal with. I needed a couple notches and plate kits in a unusual time frame. He let me pick them up from his pad and I ws able to score some Roth flake and a tshirt to boot! Super nice dude. Anyways,...My buddy Jason helped me out gettin the notch and plates in and then I threw in the bags w shraders till my other parts came in.
    ps,..sorry for the poor quality pics.

Attached Files:

23. Ballageddon

Ballageddon
    from NorCal

Tank finally came in and I started to play with ideas on mounting solutions for my tank and comps. I wanted to keep trunk room for trips and show items. So I opted to hang all items from the top.

Attached Files:

24. Ballageddon

Ballageddon
    from NorCal

Here is the tank paintmatched and the comps hanging. I dropped her down and new I needed it lower. Keep in mind I am still using leafs and a torquetube rearend. Not the best,..but Im on a tight budget so this is how Ill roll for now till I can link her and switch to open drive. I belive at this point I had the main leaf and 3 extras....Im not certain becasue it was a while back.

Attached Files:

25. Ballageddon

Ballageddon
    from NorCal

So I knew to get lower Id need to yank the fuel tank and remove more leafs and probably trim more metal here and there to alleviate any rubbing. There are no shock mounts and still none to this day. They are coming soon. Yes,....ride sux without them and I cant go over 55-60mph without a harmonic bounce to start occuring. Ride otherwise is nice when at a sufficient pressure.

26. Ballageddon

Ballageddon
    from NorCal

Here are some pics of the fuel tank swap and pullin some leafs.

Attached Files:

27. DRAGULA54

DRAGULA54

Hey man what size tires are you running?