Register now to get rid of these ads!

(How-to) - Yet Another s10 Swap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Abomination, Aug 1, 2008.

1. bustac

bustac

Anyone have any pics of what they ended up cutting out of the inner fenders? Or anything behind or under the grill. I'm planning on sectioning the rad support.

2. kaustin

kaustin

I am starting a frame swap to a extend cab s10 and was wondering the best thing to do about the driveshaft. It currently is a 2 pcs. Thanks for all the helpful info.

Kris

3. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

4. thaugen

thaugen

"I am starting a frame swap to a extend cab s10 and was wondering the best thing to do about the driveshaft. It currently is a 2 pcs."

Switch to a one-piece driveshaft. First you need to center the wheel openings of the new body on the centers of the S=10 front and rear axles. Shorten the frame as needed. Then with the firewall in its final position you can locate the engine/trans in the frame. Remove the crossmember that holds the bearing for the 2-piece shaft, then measure for the new driveshaft. If you're lucky you might be able to use an S-10 shaft from one of the shorter versions.

I'm curious whether a new bed could be built using the S-10 bed floor and back board with the earlier sides and tailgate grafted on top. If so, the stock S-10 bed mounts on the frame could be used as is, saving some fabrication.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  5. kaustin

kaustin

thanks for the info

6. kaustin

kaustin

Jeff,

Did you take a picture of how you mount the rear of your bed? I am wondering that. ANy help would be appreciated.

7. one step ahead

one step ahead
    from canada

can any one send me blue prints for the cab mounts i read there is a revised blue print and does the higher one go in the front or the rear i have a 53 chevy truck thanks i am new to all this so plz be patient

8. one step ahead

one step ahead
    from canada

can any one tell me why the front cab mount is 3/4 higher than the back plz thanks a lot

9. ryanscustom

ryanscustom
    from Jax, FL

thanks for all the info!

10. one step ahead

one step ahead
    from canada

hi there this my be a dumb question but i am doing a s10 frame swap on a 53 chev truck i was wondering why the front cab is higher by 3/4 of an inch than the rear .this is from jeff51 blue print of the cab mounts plz any info would be great thanks

11. one step ahead

one step ahead
    from canada

sorry for all the post i am a newbe to all this posting stuff

12. Abomination

Abomination

13. one step ahead

one step ahead
    from canada

thanks for the help i was mainly confused about the height from the frame to the body and why the blueprints call for 3/4 of an inch higher in front hopefully the thread will help me thanks again