Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help me identify this ex farm trailer/car frame/?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55CadillacMan, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Hi everyone! I could use some help identifying this, thing, whatever it was! :confused: I picked it up as a package deal with some scrap and a 50's VW from an old lady. She had no idea how long it was in her woods and she said that she thought it may of been a homemade farm trailer of some sort. I just wanted to know if anyone had any idea what this was and if anything is worth selling/reuseing. Any help would be appricated. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Abomb

Abomb

Ummm, pictures may help.....for what it's worth, I have seen a whole bunch of old Ford parts holding up trailers.

3. butcherted

butcherted
    from hagerstown

How about some pictures.

4. So what does it look like anyway?

5. Sorry. The first time I posted it the photos didn't attach. Sorry.

6. F&J

F&J

holy shit

edit: looks like a 32 heavy

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  7. F&J

F&J

My eyes are not the best, but I still say it's a 32 big beam front axle.

Also, it looks like they removed the perch bolts and put in long carriage bolts through those pipe stands, rather than welding to the wishbone. That's good, no frozen perches, and no damage on the 32 bones.

Avg swap meet price in northeast is $300 on the I beam if not badly pitted/and not bent, and $400 to maybe 5 on a good 32 wishbone that is not pitted and still has the yoke and ball at the end.

If it's a 32 rear, it also has some value in various pieces, but I'm not up on that.

8. rusty bill

rusty bill

32 heavy and an early 32 rearend!

9. blitz

blitz

yep i think 32 to, But isnt model 40 stuff similar. cool stuff bud

10. Thank you for your help everyone!!! ... and my dad wanted to scrap it!! I told him I thought it was a 30's ford suspension. haha. If this helps any the frame/trailer rolled all the way home which was about 5 miles. Heck, the tires held air all the way home too. Is there any more photos that I can take to help clearify what it is? I'm sorry, honestly, I am not very big into the early era of american vehicles. Just 50's forward.

11. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

I agree with the 32 front axle, the rearend is 33-34 based on the brakes.

12. F&J

F&J

Since you are on a roll...what does the back window look like on the bug? :D

[​IMG]

13. Haha. I am on a roll. I have had this frame sitting in my woods for a few years at least now. Actually the bug has long been scrapped. It was extremely rusty. The story behind it and those other items was that the owner was my brother-in-laws, aunts, sons who died in Vietnam (I believe). He bought the bug, drove it and parked it at his moms house while he was away. He was killed there and the car sat in her woods till... now that I think about it was more like 5 years ago, maybe more. She called me up and said that she just seperated from her husband and she wanted her woods cleaned out. The Bug had no floors, motor was seized and such. There wasn't much left sadly. I can't remember what it really looked like in detail. I've had too many cars since then :). I don't think it had that style back glass though.

14. F&J

F&J

15. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

whatever its made out of you got yourself a hay wagon minus the wood.

16. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

it's a hay hauler.ain't wort nothin' I'll come haul it away for ya....I'll only charge ya 10 bucks bein that your a hamb member and all.

17. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Don't scrap the hardware making up the "Hoover Wagon" conversion, made possibly from mail order Wards or Sears stuff - the RFD TV / threshing bee folks can use it ...

18. Bug rear window area is worth a few hundred cut out if it's an oval and a lot more if it's a split.

19. Ok. thanks again everyone! I'll post up some more photos later on today. If all in in well shape do you guys think it would be a fair trade for a 55 caddy dual quad setup?? Honestly that's what i'd like to get instead of cash and i'd like to get rid of this. It'a just sitting there.

20. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

That sounds fair. If you can find the guy with the parts....