Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hard letting go... What car have you had to part with?.... Final Edselero Pics..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40panel348, Jun 16, 2011.

1. I just sold the Edselero. I had lots of good memories in that car, lots of miles around the country, blood, sweat and tears...... But, it's time to move on. I enjoyed the hell outta that car! We'll see what's next......

What have you guys had that was hard to let go of when you had to move on, either to another project, or financial reasons, or whatever?

Enjoy the final pics...

Attached Files:

2. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

man that sucks Curt,hope its going to a good home.

3. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

awesome car... breaking up is hard to do!

4. Yeah, Louie. It went to a real good home, apparently it's sharing a garage with a Deuce and some other cool cars. I've got a line on something else already, if it pans out, it'll be a cool build!

5. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

1963 1/2 galaxie...... divorce. man i loved that car.

6. dirtydixon

dirtydixon

that thing sure is purty.

7. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

edselero's are just cool. that one looks bitchin!

8. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

I sold my 63' Falcon Sprint 289 solid lift cam , w/ 4 speed and 3 deuces to buy my first house. Man I miss that ol' Falcon . Never saw it again after I sold it.

9. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

I understand your pain. I gotta say though.....Thats a great looking car. WOW.

10. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Did you add these to the Edsel thread? They need to be there...

11. luciomduran

luciomduran

I loved seeing that car around town. It is so killer.

12. RichtersRodz

RichtersRodz

I've been upset over every truck that I've sold, but the replacement always has me
    loving it more than the one before.. Just when I think my heart belonged to that one,
    the next one gets better. I've seen two that I have sold, later on down the road, and
    both have been abused a bit, and to the point, that it was easy to see it, and walk
    away, never second guessing, or wanting it back. But these were late model trucks,
    nothing old, or kustom like your Edselero. That won't get abused for sure.. :)
    And I still have my '64 truck. Been holding on to her now, for over 20 years.

13. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's a cool Edsel. I hope it was your choice to sell it, instead of being forced to. I hope you enjoy your new build.

I had a '37 Chevy coupe. Found one complete and original that slept in a barn for over 40 years. Even the interior was decent. Had it for a couple of years before I started working on it, but then installed a 235 I rebuilt. Took 'er for a few spins around the barn. Close to gettin' on the road. Had a 425 Nailhead and a set of vintage Halibrands for it for later.

Then a couple of things came up...you know...little things, like rent.

Had ta sell 'er...fuck. Sold the Halibrands too. But it's not so bad. Thank God I had it to sell, and $omebody bought it in spite of the bad economy. My wife still loves me, and we're still living here on the farm. And as they say, there are other cars...a couple more in the barn, come to think of it...lol.

Here's the...sniff...coupe.

Attached Files:

14. It was my choice to sell it, but I'm still gonna miss it. Funny thing is out of all of the cars I've had, the one I really miss is my 66 Chevy SWB Pickup. It was nothing special, but I really liked that old truck!

15. Great looking ride. Heck I miss it too.
    3 cars I've let go of that a wished I could have kept. A 40 Ford Coupe, 66 GT 350Hertz Shelby and a 70 Boss 302(I know OT). Life goes on.

16. Duration

Duration
    from Wayne, MI

sold my 38 deluxe a few years ago to buy my daughter a car and put money away for her college. I was missing it until I got my current car on the road. The new one is rougher but faster! We can't keep all of them!

17. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Hated to sell the GP but it was time. Needed to go to someone willing to put the money into it it deserved.

Pic of it being loaded Christmas day two years back.

[​IMG]

18. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I am going to let my 65 country squire go to a new home,have too many cars and can use the money to build the Y block for my 55 sunliner and build my 2wd late 80s bronco daily driver. I went to Tampa Florida to get it and got me started going to the Turkey run but it will be going to a good home and get finished.

19. hemifarris

hemifarris

Great looking Edselero. I think your Edselero version is my favorite. As time allows please post photos of your new project. Any early clues as to what it might be? What type of job do you have at Custom Auto of Loveland?..........Mike

20. Awesome car! Purple and white just go together, sorry you had to sell.

21. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

1940 Ford Coupe. Sold due to youth and stupidity.

22. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

'55 Chevy 2 door BelAir Hardtop. Sold my share of the $200 we borrowed from Mom to my brother. I didn't have a nickle to put into it, and it needed everything. It was just gonna' get me in trouble.

'56 Chevy 2 door DelRay Sedan. Sold it for half of what I put into it. Unemployed with mouth #3 on the way...

23. Never really HAD to sell but one car. Got a divorce and sold my 1959 Corvette. I should have tried some other way to keep it cause i still miss the old girl. I miss my 32 coupe too but I only sold it cause I was stupid, not because I had to. Dumbest move I ever made I think.

24. My Ex-wive's lawyer mad me sell my '55 ford 2 dr wagon, '59 Euro Bug with semaphores, '59 Ford fairlane Galaxie Towne sedan, '80 prostreet Cutlass, '58 ford country sedan wagon, all of my large scale diecasts and hotwheels. I hate that man......

25. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

My 50 ford shoebox choptop.. really wanted to finish that car. .but had to help out my parents..so how could I say no?
    [​IMG]

26. 35desoto

35desoto

I miss every car I've sold however my consolation is the reason why they were sold
    If I could I'd keep them all however reality means a different approach

27. smokey3550

smokey3550
    from texas

That would be tough.

28. Mercchev

Mercchev

Dang it, Curt...Heard you sold it from Rich the other day. That was a KOOL car. What's the next project?

29. Mercchev

Mercchev

Ex-wive's lawyers SUCK!

30. aceuh

aceuh

54 Chevy...lost in a divorce...

Probably worth it in the long run though... LOL!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]