Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lokar Rave!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by speedo1, Jun 16, 2011.

1. speedo1

speedo1

Just a quick note about Lokar. I had a shifter that had been ridden' hard and put away wet! I contacted Lokar and spoke with Jeff, asking about refurbishiing it. It was sloppy, but, I didn't think it worthy of replacement. Jeff gave me a number, I shipped it to Lokar, and was expecting to hear back from them about what it needed (cost), and asked them to please include the NS switch adjustment plug. Well to my surprise, 2 weeks later it showed up at my door. I opened the package and looked at what I thought was a brand new shifter! Aluminum NS plug included. It didn't matter how old the shifter was! No charge!

Lokar is first rate, great customer support, and I will always be a customer. Just wanted to let you know about my firsr rate experience.:)

2. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

thats awesome , its nice when a company does good by a customer ,

3. dgang26

dgang26

Very cool
    Glad to hear this !
    I have used lots of Lokar stuff -- but never had a problem....good to hear that their customer service is first class

4. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

I think Lokar is second to none. I have never had a problem with any of its products , but its good to know they stand behind what they sell.

5. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I put one in my '34 and like it so far, particularly the fact that it is made in the United States. But, the goofy knob HAS to go...

-Abone.

6. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

Alway's use Lokar stuff. Alway's will.

7. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

I'm ordering one next month so I'm glad to hear how good the customer service is.

8. speedo1

speedo1

Yeah! Just to be clear, I didn't have any problem with the shifter,it was just getting a little long in the tooth,lol.

9. I had the same experience on one with a broke part. Plus I only had to pay the difference to upgrade to a longer shifter. First class group.

10. Kramer

Kramer

Haven't had to deal with problems with one, but have had questions about some of their stuff. Have always e-mailed my questions and gotten prompt responses.

11. Good customer service, quality parts, made in the USA..what the Hell are they thinking? Seriously, I've had a couple of their shifters, and like them. I do agree about the knob, but with the adaptor you can switch that out.

12. hellboy333

hellboy333
    from Amarillo

Right on man i just installed the vintage shifter in my 57 gmc.

13. Good to have a company that looks after their customers like that. Ive used a few lokar shifters now and they really are a quality item