Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage North Alabama Car Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loosewheel, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Knuckleheads CC Alabama and Bandito Burrito Presents Beaters, Bands and Burritos, Saturday June 11, 2pm - until. 1972 and older vehicles only. $10 fee per car (to be split between bands). No door prizes or awards, just a good time !!! Downtown Madison, Alabama

Attached Files:

2. jb39chev

jb39chev
    from Conroe,TX.

Loosewheel, thanks for the reply, I will try and make it, even if it will be in an OT vehicle.

3. I hope you can make it, being that this is our first show as a club, we have no idea what the response will be. Several of us have been involved in the local scene for a long time and know alot of folks. Hopefully we will have a good turnout if the 100 degree heat doesnt keep people from coming.

4. keithreid

keithreid

Loosewheel, I won't be able to make the show cause I gotta be in North Dakota monday morning for a job. Where do you guys meet at though? I'm from Jackson county, but don't know many rodders here. It'd be nice to meet some like-minded folks who don't think I'm crazy.

Y'all have a good day, Keith

5. Keith , we usually get together somewhere every Thursday night mostly in the Athens / Madison area. When you get back from ND send me a PM and maybe you can hook up with us soon.

6. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

me and ole carlos will be there:cool:

7. dcmalone

dcmalone

Drove down from Nashville with my son and took in the show (my Dad lives in Madison). All really nice cars and some super nice people. Thanks to the guy who explained the S-10 chassis set-up. Hopefully my '55 will be parked there one day. Loosewheel was that your 56 that was there?

8. M1DN1TE

M1DN1TE

Really cool show for the first time. I had a good time cant wait to do it again.

9. Great first show, great venue. I look forward to having my car(s) there next time!

10. DCMALONE, Yes that was my ole 56, sorry if I was'nt able to meet you, next time be sure to identify yourself to me as a HAMBer!!

Thanks so much for all who attended......we plan to do another show, maybe in the fall when it's not 95+ outside.

11. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

is there a picture thread somewhere?

12. jb39chev

jb39chev
    from Conroe,TX.

Loosewheel
    Thanks again for the heads-up.
    Nice show, Enjoyed meeting you and the family. Took a bunch of pics if anyone is interested, haven't downloaded them yet, but will do it tonight. Sorry I had to leave so early, had to work Sun.
    Now where's my long-distance award?? :)

13. Hopefully we will have some in the coming days, maybe JB39CHEV can get it started.

Your award in in the mail...ha. We do appreciate you coming and glad you had fun. I forgot to get batteries for my camera and cant take good pictures anyway. Butch Pate (Haywood) was there shooting, he freelances for several rags,maybe it will get some coverage as well.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  14. larryj

larryj
    from Madison AL

It was a pleasure to meet and talk with you, and it was a great first show. It's good to see an interest in traditionals growing in this area. I'll be joining you guys in a Thursday hangout soon - as soon as I get one of my projects running.

15. Larry, There is no need to wait.....come to any Thursday night get-together you want to. As I explained at the show, we are a VERY laid back crew, just looking to hang out and have a good time.

16. CWTC10

CWTC10
    from Arab Al

Damn good show. I almost squirreled and stayed home. Im glad I didnt. I had a hell of a good time. Ol Chuck has tried to get me to come over on thurs and I hadnt ever had the time. I hope to roll over one week and hang out again. The Bandito was a great set up. Thanks for putting it on. Hope to help it grow anytime I can.

17. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

you were there? where the hell was you at? you sure you was there:cool:
    yeah butch has some posted as soon as he gets em all posted i'l put up a link............. i think i will..maybe...........i'll try,any ways

18. CWTC10

CWTC10
    from Arab Al

I parked over in the gravel lot. Everytime I seen you I was talking and you were too and by the time I ate and came out it was dark and most guys had left.

19. DirtyEd

DirtyEd
    from Dallas Ga.

Damn it!I should have looked on here.I was kicking around hunting something to do saturday.Would have been a good road trip for me and my son.Now how bout those pics.

20. jb39chev

jb39chev
    from Conroe,TX.

Been trying to load the pics-----no luck yet---- I'll see if I can get it to work another way.:confused:

21. M1DN1TE

M1DN1TE

Any luck with pic? I found some on Butch Pate's site.

22. jb39chev

jb39chev
    from Conroe,TX.

Here's a few.

Attached Files:

23. jb39chev

jb39chev
    from Conroe,TX.

A few more

Attached Files:

24. M1DN1TE

M1DN1TE

Really good pic. Thanks for posting them. Hope people will see them and more come to our next event. Maybe this fall when it cools down. THANKS AGAIN jb39chev

25. jb39chev

jb39chev
    from Conroe,TX.

I've got a few more, but once again---can't get them to load.
    Hey the heat ain't no step for a stepper!!!

26. Thanks for posting these, I am supposed to be getting some I can post soon. Hopefully we will work out the details with the restaurant and city to have one in the fall, blocking the street and giving a much better back drop for pictures.
    Thanks again

27. Here are a few more I got from a club member....some already posted, other have not been yet.

Attached Files:

28. a few more....and HEY!!! BAKing, Carlos too good to attend a Knucklehead event???? We are hurt he wasnt there to take it all in.

Attached Files:

29. M1DN1TE

M1DN1TE

.......killer........

30. The Shocker

The Shocker

Sucks i was in Gardendale Alabama all last week at my wifes inlaws and woulda gladly drove up to see this show to get out of their house Saturday if i had known about it :(.From the pics it looks like a nice show and turnout :)...