Register now to get rid of these ads!

new members without a clue!!

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by american opel, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

IM a FNG and I have probably backed up farther in a hot rod than most on here have driven forward!! what the fuck does a post count have to do with anything??

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They are the ones that usually find the HAMB when they Google the subject that they end up asking the question about. Don't believe me just Google SBC cam or just about flathead or SBC anything or 35 Ford wires.

True a lot of the threads with questions, especially from fng's would be a lot shorter if the bullshit artists would leave well enough alone and just let the guys who give solid answers answer the question and be done with it. And if you don't know what the hell you are talking about don't throw out a half assed answer just to try and look like you know something.
    And it isn't always just a new member that doesn't have a clue. I've seen some long time members come up with stuff that shows some of them are pretty lacking in automotive repair/building skills. But there isn't a damned thing wrong with that. We have plenty of members who work at making their living working on rods and customs for people who don't have the skill, work area or time but have the want and need. I mean would you want to be the guy who told one one of Bass's customers that he couldn't be a member because he had his car "built" rather than building it himself or diss some guy or gal because they had Gene Winfield's shop paint their car instead of spray canning it in the driveway?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  3. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

you know whats funny is if you look at every thread you've ever started they are either you asking for help or you posting about your off topic car....

4. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

it doesnt have anythig to do with it!everyone has to be new but it would just be better if they read the rules and take alittle time.if they do an intro{like you did}looked around awhile and searched there question they will probably find the answer.after that there is nothing wrong with looking at other peoples questions and maybe trying to help someone else out.

5. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

yes your right,out ouf the 27 threads that i have started {first one intro}its mostly asking for help or about my ot gasser but i have 1127 posts of pics.,answers,opinions,etc!!i spend atleast 30 minutes each day looking through old posts to see if i can help someone.if i dont know what im talking about i dont {OPEN UP MY BIG MOUTH}.

6. bjs531

bjs531

I think the issue with us FNG's is that very few of us bother to read the stickied posts/rules, and very few of us take the time to learn the sites social dynamics, so we end up looking like idiots. alot of us want to get in, get our answers or sell our shit, and get out. We see the site as a tool to be used and put away dirty, rather than the community that it is.

I tried to be a good FNG, read the rules, read a bunch of posts, learned some good info, sent Ryan $50, and only post in thread where I feel I can contribute... and I still fully expect the older members to correct me when I screw up... its just the nature of things. When a FNG screws up, hammer on him a bit... if he learns from his mistake and sticks around, great... if he gets all butt-hurt(TM) and leaves then that's great as well.

Just my $0.02 having been an admin of a similar board, and having been a FNG on several boards.

Thanks guys!

7. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

and by the way!!YOUR FIRST 3 POSTS were trying to sell shit,then you did an intro.and most of the others are asking for help or selling stuff.dont call the kettel black my friend.

8. metalshapes

metalshapes

Nothing wrong with asking relevant questions.

Exchange of Information is kinda what this place is about... :D

9. ToDieFor

ToDieFor
    from MN

At least some of us FNG's owned up right away paid our $50 and made known to all that we are here for the long run.

10. I have learned a shit load from this sight (and The Ford Barn). Thanks to all that contribute in a positive way!!

11. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I find it really funny that the guy with the '67 Opel is bitching about all of this... :eek::eek::D

12. FoxSpeed

FoxSpeed
    from NorCal

I was introduced to this HAMB site by a so called FNG who had more time on the shiter than some of these posers who feel it necessary to correct spelling or just saying "Hi, like your post"

He joined to offer his knowledge after running a rod shop for 40 years. He is humble and has helped many, many guys over the past few years.

My take on this: regardless if a memeber is a FNG or has 1000's of posts, if they have a question to ask, we as a fraternity of rodders have an obligation to be as accurate as possible in answering their question.

Parts are always needed, whether from FNG's or not.

No need for "class" snobbery in my opinion.

13. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I'm glad you chimed in cause I already poo'd today...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I still stand by my suggestion of Benefiber... and I've been eating this cereal with Flax seed in it... I gotta say wow....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.