Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car Show- "Quickest way" for cars to enter & register cars??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fordstandard, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Guys-

What is the quickest way; to bring show cars into a car show "'to avoid long waiting line of cars" paying entrance fee and getting Car Windshield I.D etc...

1)I've been to shows and organized shows where people complain about either long lines of cars, motors running, trying to get in and park.

2) OR -complaints about long lines of people waiting in line after they park standing at registration tables. If the registration & windshield I.D is handled after they park.

So- what is best /quickest method when entrance fee and windshield I.D is to be given out ????

2. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Offer a discount for preregistration- send out there id's etc ahead of time and set up a seperate entrance for those who are preregistered. This would cut down the lines
    and make everyones job easier.

3. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

Hand out registration forms at the gate. Let them park, then fill them out, then bring them to the table turn them in and get dash plaque and goody bag.

4. joe_padavano

joe_padavano

Our club runs a show every year. We offer discount for pre-registration. People still line up at the gate to register. We've also found over the years that if we let them park first, there are always a few who don't come back to pay. The last couple of years we've simply put more people on the registration desk to try to speed the process.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One club up here takes your money at the gate and hands you a slip that says you paid. After you get parked and situated you go up to the registration desk (s) and register and get your window sticker and goodie bag. They don't do pre registrations anymore either.
    That method is pretty fast for getting cars in the gate with two lanes open to take the money and hand out the slips. I'm not sure how they figure out the car numbers be it by having numbered sign in sheets or a number on the slip that they had you when you pay. Either would work. That is a one day event with usually about 275 cars in attendance.

6. oldpaint

oldpaint

It helps to have some at the registration table that knows what they are doing.

Just put a number on the window card and let the participants fill out their own information. I was at a show were one women filled out every window card and there were about 250 cars. And she wasn't fast!!!