Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to the 1936 Ford membership!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Rabid Whippet, Jun 13, 2011.

1. I'm thinking LS1 engine, Boydes 22" wheels, GM tilt column, digital dash, and really pimping it out!!! Maybe even some fuzzy dice, and I need to find one of those crying dolls to lean against the wheel when I go to shows!!! That would be rad!!!

Like I said, I am going to just take it slow and start putting it all together . Time will tell.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  2. wow ! nice score !

3. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

Ok I am officially impressed nice score.

4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I'd clean it up, fix the wiring and anything else it needed to make it reliable, then drive the wheels off it.

Honestly it doesn't need anything else.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I'm jelious, but you gotta yank that 351 out and stuff a real motor in place...

6. PDQ36

PDQ36

That's a sweet looking car - nice score. Welcome to '36 ownership... Henry's finest hour, last of the rumbles, last of the Roadsters... Last of the Hot Rods!

7. At least its a Ford in a Ford. :cool:
    Hey I know where a fresh rebuilt Desoto Hemi is!! Hmmmm no that won't happen. I paid quite a bit but for a rust free body and frame with a bunch of stuff already done, it was a fair price. The buyer and seller are both happy.:D

8. How about a bit of an interior? All there is are some 80s bucket seats on some 2X4 metal blocks? I'm thinking a vintage bench needs to come my way!!

9. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

Very nice. Get out there and drive it. Leave it the way it is.........

10. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Nice score, wish you could get it done in time for BP!

With all the changes you want to do, I would also think about throwin it on an S-10 frame. Would look awesome with those 22's.:D

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Great example of perfect rod materiel. I know there are those who would restore it but there are already enough restored ones to last a couple of lifetimes. There's an old (but true) saying about starting with the best example you can afford when building a hot rod. It will never get any better than this one. We need to be kept up to date as you work toward your vision/dream.

Frank

12. Very nice. I wish mine had been as solid as yours, could have saved me 10 years.

13. I know that all too well. I figured spend a little more now and save later than to pay less now and spend a lifetime and dollars later. Also since its my dream car, I better get one now than to wish I'd bought one when I'm too old to buy or fix one up.
    I'll try and get some under body shots tonight.

14. Nice car good place to start your build for sure.

I think you should have enough room to not need a pusher fan in front of the radiator if you don't go mechanical a puller fan will work better and not show until you open the hood.

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That looks great man!! I am super stoked for ya!!

16. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

My 38 ford truck has the original paint on it. Places I've sanded down have red oxide primer under it. If they did that in 36, can't tell you.

17. Cfv
    Actually there's no room on the engine side. The pusher fans are only 60% efficent.
    So hopefully it will work.

18. You just don't know how stoked I am!!!! I am trying to concentrate at work but my mind keeps jumping back to the car!!!!!!!Ugh!!!!!

19. I meant red oxide primer.

20. good looking ride!

21. 76formulafiend

76formulafiend

22. SO THAT'S WHAT A NICE 36 CPE LOOKS LIKE....:eek:

23. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice, somehow that car looks pretty familiar but I'd have to dig through a lot of photos from the late 70's and the 80's to see If I have one of it.
    If it is going to be custom I can't see a damned thing wrong with running the 351 if it is good shape. A good reliable engine will let you go to a lot more events a lot further away without batting an eye about it.
    This time around I like the looks of your photo one as far as choices on how to do it go. Be a bit different than the masses and the trend and leave it tall. I'll have to see if I can find my 1988 Bonneville trip photos for one for a bit of inspiration for you.

24. This car was stripped sometime before 1966. I bought it of a guy that bought it in pieces. The reciepts date back to 1966 for the original engine and trans rebuild that was sitting in the corner. The guy I bought it from installed the rims, parallel rear leafs, the 351 and the AOD trans. So I doubt you have seen this car since it has only been out in the sun/cloulds twice since at least 1966.

25. brady1929

brady1929

i love 36 fords, they are beautiful

26. More pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is under the floor and as you can see, the factory wood stiffener is still mounted and in great condition.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Factory wood blocks still in the trunk behind the tail panel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All in all a very solid car. Lots of little things missing like all the mechanisms to open and clost the cowl and small items that I am now scowering Ebay, Bob Drakes, etc.

27. What a score! Look forward to seeing what you do with it!

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

SCORED! Congrats!

29. Ranchero59

Ranchero59

Nice Find. JEALOUS

30. x2!!