Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The HAMB-B-Q Find Forty

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nicks Hot Rod Garage, Jun 3, 2011.

1. sololobo

sololobo

Mike, congrats on the 40, I love these cars, Gary Andersons black 40 has really made me love em more. See his car on the Speedway catalog?, should make for more sales as people will save it for the picture. I though Jeff, HiBoy 32 would say, don't need no stinkin hood!! And ironically I see his hood for the 32 in the trunk of the forty on the way back from the salt flats. Those boys are about the cutest kids ever, Mason in that outfit should be an ad for some automotive outfit. Hope you get a motor back in that shoebox, one of my fave rides ever. ~sololobo~

2. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i can't wait to see the adventures from the Father's Day show...

3. What a great story - the HAMB at its best on the deal, you getting her all "right" by you, the "boys" helping you, and now getting their own "seat" time in the coupe in the process. I have had my 40 for about 14 years so I know and understand the love affair you are having with her. They are truly a very special car.

Continued good luck with her and I look forward to more installments of your adventures .....

Attached Files:

4. tinlid

tinlid

What a coincidence. I couldn't pass a thread on the 40 this morning. Then I saw something familiar - a sectioned 50 Ford. I took pictures of it on a trailer last fall. Seems like we live just a few blocks apart. Never did find you home when I stopped to ask about the 50. Great 40!

5. tinlid

tinlid

Forgot to include the trailer picture.

Attached Files:

6. That was after our Bonneville trip. Stop by and say hi!

Via TJJ on iPhone

7. Can't believe I'm just now seeing this thread.

Greezy is the only guy who ponied up something for the Alliance Auction every year it has been in my hands AND also run his car down the 1/4 mile at MO-KAN. It was only fitting for this sweet '40 to be THE CAR for Auction tee shirts. BOMONSTER did an awesome job on the artwork!!!

Everyone that donates this year will get one of these shirts.

Troy, thanks for everything you have done. Still can't believe you sold it.

Mike, thanks for posting this thread. I love that coupe, it's in good hands, and am glad I'll still get the chance to see her now and then.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Very cool! That is one nice coupe........I was able to 'thumb' a ride in it this past year & it sorta' lit my fire to get back to work on mine.

Chris

9. R COLE

R COLE
    from OC

back in the late 60s i had a 340 hp 327 break the crank between the front main and the front counter weight, looked just like yours at the break. . the shop i had do the work, said they had seen this before, when a forged steel crank was put in a hot tank( the old ones that boiled the solution). did not sound right to me, but they had been around since the 40s and did every thing from car to big rig motors. all of the oil feed holes had small cracks also. love your car,hope to see it at LARS. maybe we can get the two 40s together for a photo, one with hood, one with out. ron

10. Greezy

Greezy

Bill Im still honored that you picked the 40 for the shirts. I wont be racing this year, but Ill try to scare some goodies up for you and the cause. Bomonster done good.

11. Awesome artwork, I have to get one of those shirts!!! I look forward to seeing you again... KKOA!

It's good to be on fire... ahh yea, I know what you mean!

I hope to see my car at LARS too. I'll look for your forty, lets do the picture for sure!!

Woot Woot, HAMB Drags!

12. Well, she's all back together and eating up the highway! I have put around 100 miles on the motor. I had a few things that I didn't expect to have to deal with, and all in all it came together real nice. My oil pan seals are leaking more then I like and I may end up redoing them again before we leave for LARS. Its not easy doing this upside down! Here's the outcome, enjoy the music!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

sounds gooooooood!

14. Thanks...

Here's the specs on the motor...

Small Journal 327
    .040 flat top pistons
    462 heads with 1.94 valves
    std/std steel crank
    Comp Cams 30-30 Nostalgia Grind advanced 4 degrees
    Old Offy dual four intake
    Carter Competition 500cfm AFB's (old ones)
    Mallory Magnetic Breakerless Dizzy
    Lots of Orange VHT high heat paint

15. Yes, she purr nice! KKOA for sure

Troy, you better bring something, all I know is you won't find it under the seat of what you bought to replace the coupe.:rolleyes:

16. Lump-a-lump-a-lump-a-lump-a-lump-a-lump...awesome!!

17. Greezy

Greezy

Not a replacement, just a driver till I build another Hot Rod...in 10 or so years. :D Oh and Mike unless you changed dizzys Id throw those 2 sets of points and condensor in the car with you just in case...

18. VonKool13

VonKool13

Just saw this beauty at the So. Cal. open house today. Wish I would have realized then it was the same car. I would have stopped to talk. This car is now my ALL TIME FAVORITE 40'. Pictures just don't do it justice. RAD!!

19. We'll be in the swap tomorrow, across fro Gene Winfield's spot. Come say hello!

Posting from the road..
    TJJ on iPhone

20. WOW! So dad & I are rolling into So-Cal for the open house, I swing a U-turn into an open spot. Climb Ottawa the car & I'm greeted by Ron! We had a few good laughs over the irony of my parking next to his Forty.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ron's car comes with an optional high performance Chevrolet V-8!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So-Cal speed shop

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Posting from the road..
    TJJ on iPhone

21. [​IMG]

I just met BoMonster, cool cat!

[​IMG]

Posting from the road..
    TJJ on iPhone

22. JAWS

JAWS

WOW!!!

I can't help but feel a little sad and at the same time really happy.

Stupid confusing emotions....

I love that car.

23. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

^^^where have YOU been?! hahaha

24. Sitting on a beach?!

25. NoSurf

NoSurf

Ol Brant had some hard times for awhile. He was without cell and internet access. But he persevered and now he is back in contact.

26. Hard times in Hawaii? Pfffft@!:D

27. Well thanks for catching this thread, some 10 months late.......

Brakes are bleed, ready for another road trip!!

28. JAWS

JAWS

Yes Virginia there is a Santa Clause........Just like there are some thieven, lyin's, cheatin mofo's in paradise.....

Good thing,I wise up faster now that I am older..........:confused:

I hate those donuts....the hurts kind.

I am glad the 40 is in such good hands....finally.

Don't take offense El Presidente';)

29. brady1929

brady1929

great story and nice hot rod