Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects SBF Model A Roadster build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hisel76, May 26, 2011.

1. hisel76

hisel76

that does help. i would have take a second mortgage out to afford it. im still looking online to find a used one. i definitely want to go this route if possible .

2. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Cool project. I'll be following it.

3. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You can use the "Stubby" oil filter---NAPA#21085---PUROLATOR#L10017 for good clearance-----Don

4. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's my sons '29 hiboy in 1982

Attached Files:

5. hisel76

hisel76

i only have 2 inches from the steering box and the lower portion where the oil filter seats. the picture is deceiving. i might even have to shave the remote filter housing a bit.

received my wiring harness today . going to get started on it tonight. i spent most of the day looking for radiator hoses and butchering them. top one i have covered now, but the lower will be a little tricky.i will post some pics tonight.

6. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Haven't done it for a while but if my memory serves me I found a filter from a Volvo that was short and screwed right on the Ford motor???????

7. Looking real good Shawn. Keep it up man!

8. hisel76

hisel76

I started my wiring tonight .I wanted all my electrical hidden and out of the way.I love the bare bones look , when you look at something and it looks like it shouldn't run due to items missing. I also plan on running a rumble seat so i wanted to keep my battery and gas tank out of the back. so im using the stock gas tank up front and mounted my battery, fuse box, msd ign box, and my starter solenoid on the frame rail out of view but still assessable .

In the pics you can see the before wiring mess and the after with the wire loom. I love the weaved wire loom when doing electrical work. It looks real clean after you heat shrink the ends. i also used a out door electrical box from lowes to store my fuse box.

I plan on mounting my ignition switch and headlight under the seat. still haven't found the right box i want to use. I will probably wire the Ign switch and headlight switch tomorrow using a mocked up card board box that is about the size i want to use.

Attached Files:

9. hisel76

hisel76

forgot to post on the radiator hoses yesterday. went to every parts store yesterday to look for radiator hoses. i used a coat hanger to mock up the bends and size. got a good match on the upper but will still had to splice it in the center to shorten it. the lower looks like it will be another issue. alt belt and bracket are somewhat in the way but i think with some copper pipping and hose i can get around the issue.

Attached Files:

10. RAY With

RAY With

<FORM style="MARGIN: 0pt" id=handleBuy method=post name=handleBuy action=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/handle-buy-box/ref=dp_start-bbf_1_glance><INPUT id=session-id value=186-1374829-9023533 type=hidden name=session-id> <INPUT id=ASIN value=B000CQPJW6 type=hidden name=ASIN> <INPUT id=isMerchantExclusive value=0 type=hidden name=isMerchantExclusive> <INPUT id=merchantID value=A3GH90B530LQFY type=hidden name=merchantID> <INPUT id=nodeID value=15684181 type=hidden name=nodeID> <INPUT id=offerListingID value=dCr9nuU9A44C0dHU52v9USW9mk3h9mw1LOdzkEUya6uvDRbmqxmCaAZ8lB7XFGufCF4GOdEbNzWi0%2FyScEJwWnl4L9bsfoX7MYI5m0kPndkAImvJIFOUAY4UeBe20NRBqk8DS%2FLpRIALXUU%2FAGdomg%3D%3D type=hidden name=offerListingID> <INPUT id=sellingCustomerID value=A3GH90B530LQFY type=hidden name=sellingCustomerID> <INPUT id=sourceCustomerOrgListID type=hidden name=sourceCustomerOrgListID> <INPUT id=sourceCustomerOrgListItemID type=hidden name=sourceCustomerOrgListItemID> <INPUT id=qid type=hidden name=qid> <INPUT id=sr type=hidden name=sr> <INPUT id=storeID value=automotive type=hidden name=storeID> <INPUT id=tagActionCode type=hidden name=tagActionCode> <INPUT id=viewID value=glance type=hidden name=viewID> <TABLE class=productImageGrid border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=280 align=left><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%"></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%"><SCRIPT language=Javascript type=text/javascript> var registeredImages = new Object(); var registeredVideos = new Object(); var commonCap = ''; var numberToPreload = 6; var preloadCount = 0; var hoverCount = 0; var hiResCount = 0; var videoExists = false; var isVideoPlaying = false; var magnifier; var isIVConstructed = false; var ivMediaUrls = new Object(); var canHaveIV = 0; var spinnerDimensions = [23,23]; var isAnyCust = -1; var hoverzoomEnabled = false; function flushClientLog() { if(window.clientLogger){ var params = {}; if(0) { params['hoverCount'] = hoverCount; params['hiResCount'] = hiResCount; params['productGroup'] = "automotive_display_on_website"; params['isTwister'] = 0; params['weblab'] = "HZ"; clientLogger.sendCLOGEntry("bxindiahoverzoom", "hoverZoom", params); } } } function registerImage( id, image, html, caption, hiResUrl ) { registeredImages[id] = new Object(); registeredImages[id].image = image; registeredImages[id].hiResUrl = hiResUrl; registeredImages[id].html = html; registeredImages[id].caption = caption; registeredImages[id].hiResPreloaded = 0; if ( preloadCount < numberToPreload ) { var imagePreloader = new Image(); imagePreloader.src = image; preloadCount++; } if(hiResUrl) { hiResCount++; } } window.players = new Array(); function registerVideo( id, mediaID ) { if( !0 ) return; if(!registeredVideos[id]) { registeredVideos[id] = new Object(); } videoExists = true; registeredVideos[id].videoID = mediaID; var holderID = 'holder' + mediaID; amznJQ.available("jQuery", function(){ var holderStr = "
    "; var placeHolder = jQuery(holderStr); if(0 && jQuery.browser.msie) { // This div appears offset to the right in IE. Margin to adjust this. (This happens only in HoverZoom layout) var imageGridCount = jQuery('#handleBuy').find('.productImageGrid').length; if(imageGridCount == 1) { placeHolder.css({"margin-left":"-315px"}); } else { placeHolder.css({"margin-left":"-330px"}); } } jQuery('#prodImageCell').parents('table:first').before(placeHolder); var mediaObject = { mediaObjectId:mediaID, slateImageUrl:registeredImages[id].image }; window.players[id] = new AmznVideoPlayer(mediaObject, holderID, 300, 300); }); } function preloadHiRes(id) { if(!magnifier) { return; } if(!registeredImages[id].hiResUrl) { magnifier.changeImage('', ''); return; } if (registeredImages[id] && !registeredImages[id].hiResPreloaded) { if(registeredImages[id].hiRes) { delete registeredImages[id].hiRes; } registeredImages[id].hiRes = new Image(); registeredImages[id].hiRes.src = registeredImages[id].hiResUrl; magnifier.changeImage('', registeredImages[id].hiResUrl); registeredImages[id].hiRes.onload = function() { registeredImages[id].hiResPreloaded = 1; }; registeredImages[id].hiRes.onerror = function() { magnifier.changeImage('', ''); }; registeredImages[id].hiRes.onabort = function() { magnifier.changeImage('', ''); }; } else if(registeredImages[id].hiResPreloaded) { if(magnifier) { magnifier.changeImage('', registeredImages[id].hiResUrl); } } } var isLoaded = false; var clientX; var clientY; var hiResImageLoadState = {}; function changeImage( imageUrl, hiResUrl, event , spinnerURL) { if (!0 || !hoverzoomEnabled) { return; } if(hiResUrl && hiResImageLoadState[hiResUrl] != undefined && hiResImageLoadState[hiResUrl] == 0) { isLoaded = false; } else if(hiResUrl && hiResImageLoadState[hiResUrl] == undefined) { hiResImageLoadState[hiResUrl] = 0; isLoaded = false; var imgObj = jQuery("").attr("src",hiResUrl); imgObj.load(function() { isLoaded = true; jQuery("#hoverZoomSpinner").remove(); hiResImageLoadState[hiResUrl] = 1; }); } hoverCount++; if(0 != 2 && jQuery('#hover-zoom-end').length) { var prodImgHeight = jQuery('#handleBuy .productImageGrid').height(); var htTillHZEnd = jQuery('#hover-zoom-end').show().position().top - jQuery('#btAsinTitle').position().top; jQuery('#hover-zoom-end').hide(); var hzHeight = prodImgHeight > htTillHZEnd ? prodImgHeight : htTillHZEnd; //find maximum jQuery('#hover-zoom-end').height(hzHeight); } if(!isLoaded) { if(!jQuery("#hoverZoomSpinner").length && spinnerURL) { var parent = jQuery("#prodImageCell"); var offset = {top: (parent.height() - spinnerDimensions[1]) / 2, left: (parent.width() - spinnerDimensions[0]) / 2 }; parent.css("position", "relative").append("
    "); } } if(!magnifier) { var minHeightElem = null; var adjustment = [0,0,0,0]; if(0 != 2) { minHeightElem = '#handleBuy .productImageGrid'; adjustment = [0,0,1,1]; if(jQuery('#hover-zoom-end').length) { minHeightElem = '#hover-zoom-end'; adjustment = [0,0,2,0]; } } clientX = event.clientX; clientY = event.clientY; jQuery("#prodImageCell").mousemove(function(event){ clientX = event.clientX; clientY = event.clientY; }); jQuery("#prodImageCell").mouseout(function(){ clientX = -1; clientY = -1; }); amznJQ.available("imageMagnifier", function(){ magnifier = jQuery("#prodImageCell").amazonMagnifier({ location:"over", adjustment:adjustment, locationElement:"#btAsinTitle, #product-title-divider, .hoverZoom", minHeightElement:minHeightElem , preload:"ready", clickForFullscreen: false, zIndex: 15, title: jQuery('#btAsinTitle').text(), generalImageUrls: {} }); magnifier.changeImage('', hiResUrl); if(clientX != -1 && clientY != -1) { var modifiedEvent = event; modifiedEvent = {pageX: clientX + jQuery('body').scrollLeft(), pageY: clientY + jQuery('body').scrollTop()}; magnifier.engageMagnifier(modifiedEvent); } }); } else if(magnifier && hiResUrl) { magnifier.changeImage('', hiResUrl); } } var currentMediaID = null; function displayVideo(id) { if( !0 ) return; if (registeredImages[selectedImageID].ciuAnnoContainer) { registeredImages[selectedImageID].ciuAnnoContainer.hide(); } //document.getElementById('prodImageCell').innerHTML = ''; jQuery('#prodImageCell').css('visibility', 'hidden'); if(0 && 0) { if(isVideoPlaying) { document.getElementById('prodImageCaption').innerHTML = registeredImages[id].caption; } else { document.getElementById('prodImageCaption').innerHTML = ""; } } else { document.getElementById('prodImageCaption').innerHTML = registeredImages[id].caption; } for ( elementID in registeredImages ) { var imageThumbnail = document.getElementById(elementID); if (imageThumbnail != null) { imageThumbnail.style.border = '1px solid #999999'; var thumbClass = (0) ? 'altImgThumbnail' : 'productThumbnail'; imageThumbnail.className = thumbClass; } } if (0) { document.getElementById(id).style.border = '2px solid #E47911'; document.getElementById(id).className = 'altImgSelect'; } else { document.getElementById(id).style.border = '1px solid #990000'; } AmznVideoPlayer.hideAll(); var mediaID = registeredVideos[id].videoID; if (AmznVideoPlayer.lastPlayedId == mediaID){ //AmznVideoPlayer.players[mediaID].resizeVideo(300,300); if(AmznVideoPlayer.players[mediaID]) { AmznVideoPlayer.players[mediaID].showFlash(); } } else { if( AmznVideoPlayer.players[AmznVideoPlayer.lastPlayedId]) { try { AmznVideoPlayer.players[AmznVideoPlayer.lastPlayedId].pause(); } catch(e) { } } try { AmznVideoPlayer.players[mediaID].stop(); } catch(e) { } AmznVideoPlayer.players[mediaID].showPreplay(); } currentMediaID = mediaID; } var allPreloaded = 0; var selectedImageID = "original_image"; function displayImage( id ) { if ( id == selectedImageID ) { if( 0 && 0 ) { amznJQ.available('jQuery', function() { if( registeredVideos[id]) { if(isVideoPlaying) { jQuery('#prodImageCaption').html( '' ); } else { jQuery('#prodImageCaption').html( '' ); } } else { setIVCaption( '' ); } }); } return; } if( 0 ){ if( registeredVideos[id]) { displayVideo(id); selectedImageID = id; return; } if(videoExists) { if(AmznVideoPlayer.players[AmznVideoPlayer.lastPlayedId]) { try { AmznVideoPlayer.players[AmznVideoPlayer.lastPlayedId].pause(); } catch(e) { } } AmznVideoPlayer.hideAll(); currentMediaID = null; } } if (registeredImages[selectedImageID].ciuAnnoContainer) { registeredImages[selectedImageID].ciuAnnoContainer.hide(); } selectedImageID = id; if (typeof jQuery != 'undefined') { jQuery('#prodImageCell :first').replaceWith(registeredImages[id].html); } if ( 0 && hoverzoomEnabled && !1 && commonCap ) { document.getElementById('prodImageCaption').innerHTML = commonCap; } else{ document.getElementById('prodImageCaption').innerHTML = registeredImages[id].caption; } if( 0 ) { amznJQ.available('jQuery', function() { if(canHaveIV && selectedImageID == 'original_image') { jQuery('#prodImage').css('cursor','pointer'); jQuery('#prodImageCaption').text( '' ); jQuery('#prodImage').addClass('prod_image_selector'); } jQuery('#prodImageCell').css('visibility', 'visible'); if( 0) { setIVCaption(''); } }); } for ( elementID in registeredImages ) { var imageThumbnail = document.getElementById(elementID); if (imageThumbnail != null) { imageThumbnail.style.border = '1px solid #999999'; var thumbClass = (0) ? 'altImgThumbnail' : 'productThumbnail'; imageThumbnail.className = thumbClass; } if ( !allPreloaded ) { var imagePreloader = new Image(); imagePreloader.src = registeredImages[elementID].image; } } if (0) { document.getElementById(id).style.border = '2px solid #E47911'; document.getElementById(id).className = 'altImgSelect'; } else { document.getElementById(id).style.border = '1px solid #990000'; } allPreloaded = 1; if (registeredImages[id].ciuAnnoContainer) { registeredImages[id].ciuAnnoContainer.show(); } if (0) { preloadHiRes(id); } if( 0) { if(isIVConstructed && immersiveView) { immersiveView.createIVTrigger(); } } } function resetCaption(thumbID) { amznJQ.available('jQuery', function() { if(0 && 0) { if(!thumbID) { if(selectedImageID) resetCaption(selectedImageID); return; } if( registeredVideos[thumbID]) { if(isVideoPlaying) { jQuery('#prodImageCaption').html( '' ); } else { jQuery('#prodImageCaption').html( '' ); } } else { if(thumbID.substring(0, 4) == 'cust') { setIVCaption(); } else { if(hoverzoomEnabled && registeredImages[thumbID] && registeredImages[thumbID].hiResUrl) { jQuery('#prodImageCaption').html( '' ); } else { if(hasAnyCustImage()) { jQuery('#prodImageCaption').html("
    "); } else { jQuery('#prodImageCaption').html("
    "); } } } } } }); } function hasAnyCustImage() { if (isAnyCust != -1) return isAnyCust; for ( elementID in registeredImages ) { if(elementID.substring(0, 4) == 'cust'){ isAnyCust = 1; return 1; } } isAnyCust = 0; return 0; } var ivImageSet; var ivSelectedImageId = 0; var ivVideoSet; function isIVable(isLargeEnough) { canHaveIV = isLargeEnough; } function addToIVImageSet(thumbSrc, zoomSrc) { if( !ivImageSet ){ ivImageSet = new Object(); } if( !0 ) return; var id = 0; //only 1 set of images for IV in single variation if (ivImageSet[id] == null) { ivImageSet[id] = new Object(); } if (ivImageSet[id].images == null) { ivImageSet[id].images = {thumbnails:[],zoomImages:[]}; } var currId = ivImageSet[id].images.thumbnails.length; ivImageSet[id].images.thumbnails[currId] = thumbSrc; ivImageSet[id].images.zoomImages[currId] = zoomSrc; } function addToIVVideoSet(mediaID, slateImg, title, duration) { if( !ivVideoSet ){ ivVideoSet = new Object(); } if( !0 ) return; var id = 0; //only 1 set of images for IV in single variation if (ivVideoSet[id] == null) { ivVideoSet[id] = new Object(); } if (ivVideoSet[id].videos == null) { ivVideoSet[id].videos = {mediaIDs:[],slateImages:[],titles:[],durations:[]}; } var currId = ivVideoSet[id].videos.mediaIDs.length; ivVideoSet[id].videos.mediaIDs[currId] = mediaID; ivVideoSet[id].videos.slateImages[currId] = slateImg; ivVideoSet[id].videos.titles[currId] = title; ivVideoSet[id].videos.durations[currId] = duration; } function setIVSelectedImageId(imageId) { if( !0 ) return; ivSelectedImageId = imageId; } var immersiveView; function openImmersiveView(e) { var isImage; if( !(0) || !canHaveIV) { return; } if(isIVConstructed) { if(!jQuery.browser.mozilla) { jQuery(document.body).css("overflow","hidden"); } return; } if(e) { e.cancelBubble = true; } if(!jQuery.browser.mozilla) { jQuery(document.body).css("overflow","hidden"); } jQuery(document.body).css("opacity","0.4"); jQuery('#loadingImage').css({"left": function(){ return ( jQuery(window).width() - jQuery('#loadingImage').width() ) / 2+jQuery(window).scrollLeft() + "px"; },"top" : function(){ return ( jQuery(window).height() - jQuery('#loadingImage').height()) / 2+jQuery(window).scrollTop() + "px"; },"display":"block"}); var currentId = selectedImageID.split('_'); var selectedId = currentId.length <= 2 ? 0 : currentId[currentId.length-1]; isIVConstructed = true; // Give some time for cancel bubble to work setTimeout( function() { amznJQ.available("immersiveView", function(){ jQuery('#loadingImage').css("display","none"); immersiveView = jQuery.fn.amazonImmersiveView(); immersiveView.setTitle(jQuery('#btAsinTitle').text()); immersiveView.setProductGroupID('automotive_display_on_website'); immersiveView.changeImageSet(ivImageSet); immersiveView.changeVideoSet(ivVideoSet); immersiveView.setMediaUrls(ivMediaUrls); if ((currentId[0] === 'alt') || (currentId[0] === 'original') || (currentId[0] === 'cust')) { isImage = true; } else { isImage = false; } immersiveView.setInitialIDs(0, selectedId, isImage); immersiveView.createImmersiveView(e, false); // open IV first time triggerIV(); }); }, 50); setTimeout(function() { //timeout if IV not load. if(!immersiveView) { jQuery('#loadingImage').css("display","none"); jQuery(document.body).css("overflow","auto"); // re-enable scrolling jQuery(document.body).css("opacity",""); } },30000); // empty ajax call to set ref tags jQuery.get('/gp/product/ajax-handlers/reftag.html?ref=dp_iv'); } function setImmersiveViewContext() { if( !0 ) return; var isImage; immersiveView.setTitle(jQuery('#btAsinTitle').text()); var currentId = selectedImageID.split('_'); var selectedId = currentId.length <= 2 ? 0 : currentId[currentId.length-1]; if ((currentId[0] === 'alt') || (currentId[0] === 'original') || (currentId[0] === 'cust')) { isImage = true; } else { isImage = false; } immersiveView.setInitialIDs(0, selectedId, isImage); } function triggerIV(triggerElement) { if(isIVConstructed) { if(immersiveView && !immersiveView.isIVOpen()) { jQuery.AmazonPopover.displayPopover(immersiveView.getIVPopoverOptions()); } } else { openImmersiveView(); } } function videoClick() { triggerIV(); } var isVideoPlaying = false; function videoStateChange(state){ var currentId = selectedImageID.split('_'); if ((currentId[0] === 'alt') || (currentId[0] === 'original') || getCurrentMediaId() == null) { return; } if(state == "playing") { isVideoPlaying = true; if(0 && 0) { jQuery('#prodImageCaption').html(''); } else { jQuery('#prodImageCaption').html(''); } } else { isVideoPlaying = false; jQuery('#prodImageCaption').html(''); } } function getCurrentMediaId() { return currentMediaID; } function setIVCaption(caption) { if(selectedImageID.substring(0, 4) == 'cust') { if(registeredImages[selectedImageID] && registeredImages[selectedImageID].caption && registeredImages[selectedImageID].caption.length) { document.getElementById('prodImageCaption').innerHTML = registeredImages[selectedImageID].caption; } else { document.getElementById('prodImageCaption').innerHTML = "
    "; } } else { if((!0 || hoverzoomEnabled) && canHaveIV && caption && caption.length) { document.getElementById('prodImageCaption').innerHTML = caption; } else { if(hasAnyCustImage()) { document.getElementById('prodImageCaption').innerHTML = "
    "; } else { document.getElementById('prodImageCaption').innerHTML = "
    "; } } } }</SCRIPT><TABLE style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=300><TBODY><TR><TD id=prodImageCell height=300 width=300>[​IMG] <!--Comment for IE as it is empty div-->
    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=tiny>
    See larger image </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><SCRIPT> registerImage("original_image", "http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31iUgtHUJFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg","[​IMG]", "
    See larger image", ""); var ivStrings = new Object();</SCRIPT></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%">Share your own customer images
    </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%"></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%"></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=buyingDetailsGrid border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=215 align=right><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%">
    <!-- --><!-- --><!-- -->

$46.99 + $9.99 shipping
    In Stock. Sold by Baxter Auto Parts

<LABEL for=quantity>Quantity:</LABEL> <SELECT id=quantity name=quantity jQuery1307891436151="5"> <OPTION selected value=1>1</OPTION></SELECT> ​
    <SCRIPT type=text/javascript>var legacyOnSelectedQuantityChange = function () { if (jQuery("#pricePlusShippingQty").length > 0) { jQuery.ajax({ url: "/gp/product/du/quantity-sip-update.html", data: { qt: jQuery("#quantityDropdownDiv select").val(), a : jQuery("#ASIN").val(), me: jQuery("#merchantID").val() }, dataType: "html", success: function(sipHtml){ jQuery("#pricePlusShippingQty").html(sipHtml); } }); }};var createQuantityRestrictionMessage = function (maxQuantity) { var msg = "We're sorry. This item is limited to 1 per customer.

We strive to provide customers with great prices, and sometimes that means we limit quantity to ensure that the majority of customers have an opportunity to order products that have very low prices or a limited supply.

We may also adjust quantity in checkout if you have recently purchased this item."; return msg;};var addQuantityRestrictionMessaging = function (maxQuantity) { var lastRowHTML = ((maxQuantity+1)+"+"); jQuery('#quantityDropdownDiv select').append( jQuery('<option></option>') .html(lastRowHTML) .attr("id","lastQuantityOption") ).change(function() { if ( jQuery('#quantityDropdownDiv select').val() == lastRowHTML) { jQuery("#quantityDropdownDiv option[value=1]").attr('selected','selected'); jQuery("#lastQuantityOption").trigger("click"); } legacyOnSelectedQuantityChange(); }); amznJQ.onReady('popover', function() { (function($) { $(document).ready(function() { $('#lastQuantityOption').amazonPopoverTrigger({ hoverShowDelay: 200, hoverHideDelay: 200, width: 502, showCloseButton: true, literalContent: createQuantityRestrictionMessage(maxQuantity), skin: "default", title: " ", locationElement: "#quantityDropdownDiv select", location: "left", closeEventExclude: "CLICK_TRIGGER" }); }) })(jQuery); });};amznJQ.onReady('jQuery', function() { jQuery("#quantityDropdownDiv select").change(legacyOnSelectedQuantityChange);});</SCRIPT><!-- no ScheduledDelivery results --><INPUT id=bb_atc_button class="dpSprite s_bbAdd2Cart " title="" border=0 value="" alt="Add to Shopping Cart" src="http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/x-locale/common/transparent-pixel._V192234675_.gif" type=image name=submit.add-to-cart>
    <SCRIPT type=text/javascript>if ( window.fastInlineATC ) { var ATCButton = document.getElementById('bb_atc_button'); fastInlineATC( ATCButton, { transition: 'shield', spinner: '#hl-loading-ico-box'});}</SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript>var gbSecure1Click = true;if(typeof(gbSecure1Click) != 'undefined' && gbSecure1Click){ amznJQ.onReady('jQuery', function () { jQuery("#oneClickBuyButton").click( function () { var hbbAction = jQuery('#handleBuy').attr("action").replace("http:", "https:"); jQuery('#handleBuy').attr("action", hbbAction ); return true; } ); } );} </SCRIPT>or Sign in to turn on 1-Click ordering.

<!-- --><!-- --><!-- --><!-- -->
    <INPUT value=186-1374829-9023533 type=hidden name=rsid>
    <INPUT class="dpSprite s_add2WishList" title="Add to Wish List" border=0 value="" alt="Add to Wish List" src="http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/x-locale/common/transparent-pixel._V192234675_.gif" type=image name=submit.add-to-registry.wishlist>​
    <SCRIPT type=text/javascript>if (window.gbEnableTwisterJS) { if (window.amznJQ) { amznJQ.onReady('popover', function() { var setFallback = function(dpState) { var $ = jQuery; if (dpState) { if (dpState.current_asin) { $('.wishlistAddButtonActive, .wishlistDownButtonActive').show(); $('.wishlistAddButtonInactive, .wishlistDownButtonInactive').hide(); } else { $('.wishlistAddButtonActive, .wishlistDownButtonActive').hide(); $('.wishlistAddButtonInactive, .wishlistDownButtonInactive').show(); } } var fixupDelay = 100; var fixupFunc = function() { $('.wishlist_btn_div_non_js').hide(); $('.wishlist_btn_div_js').show(); if ( !$('.wishlistAddButtonInactive:visible, .wishlistDownButtonInactive:visible').filter(function(){return $(this).width()}).length) { $('.wishlistAddButtonActive, .wishlistDownButtonActive').show(); } else { $('.wishlistAddButtonActive, .wishlistDownButtonActive').hide(); } var destination = "/gp/registry/reglist-popover.html"; if ($.browser.msie && parseInt($.browser.version) <= 6) { destination += '?sprited=0'; } $('.wishlistDownButtonActive').removeAmazonPopoverTrigger().amazonPopoverTrigger({ ajaxSlideDuration: 0, align: 'left', cacheable: true, destination: destination, draggable: false, loadingContent: '[​IMG]
    ', location: function(popover, settings) { var e = $('.wishlistAddButtonActive').filter(function() { return $(this).width()}); var p = e.position(); return { top: p.top + e.height() - 5 , left: p.left -4 }; }, modal: false, onFilled: function(pop) { if (window.wlPop) { setTimeout(function() { wlPop.onFill(pop);}, 0); } }, onShow: function(popover, settings) { popover.remove(); $('div.wishlist_popover_div').filter(function(){return $(this).parent().width()}).prepend(popover); popover.css('margin-left', -popover.position().left - 0 ); }, paddingLeft: 0, paddingRight: 0, showCloseButton: false, showOnHover: false, skin: null, title: null, width: 170 }); fixupDelay *= 2; if (fixupDelay < 10000) { setTimeout(fixupFunc, fixupDelay); } }; setTimeout(fixupFunc, fixupDelay); }; var hookFunc; var count = 0; hookFunc = function() { if (typeof DetailPageFramework != 'undefined' && DetailPageFramework.registerCallback) { DetailPageFramework.registerFeatureConfig('wishlist', { dataType: 'atf', priority: 'high', suppressDefaultBehavior: true}); DetailPageFramework.registerCallback('asin_select', 'wishlist', setFallback); DetailPageFramework.registerCallback('asin_deselect', 'wishlist', setFallback); } else { if (count++ < 20) { setTimeout(hookFunc, 1000); } } }; hookFunc(); setFallback(); }); }}</SCRIPT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%"></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%"><!-- --><!-- --><!-- --><!-- --><!-- --><!-- -->More Buying Choices
    Have one to sell? Sell yours here

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%"></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%"></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%">
    <SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/JavaScript>if (typeof window.amznJQ != 'undefined') { amznJQ.onCompletion('amznJQ.criticalFeature', function() { amznJQ.available("share-with-friends-js-new", function() { amz_taf_triggers.swftext = { url: "/gp/pdp/taf/dpPop.html/ref=cm_sw_p_view_dp_QBn9nb0DDBM1C?ie=UTF8&referer=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.amazon.com%252Fgp%252Fproduct%252FB000CQPJW6%252Fref%253D&contentName=item&imageURL=&ra=taf&id=B000CQPJW6&tt=sh&titleText=&placementID=dp_QBn9nb0DDBM1C&parentASIN=B000CQPJW6&contentURI=%2Fdp%2FB000CQPJW6&forceSprites=1&contentID=B000CQPJW6&emailTemplate=%2Fgp%2Fpdp%2Fcommon%2Femail%2Fshare-product&viaAccount=amazon&suppressPurchaseReqLogin=&relatedAccounts=amazondeals%2Camazonmp3&contentType=asin&merchantID=", title: "Share this item via e-mail" , closeText: "Close", isCompact: false}; amz_taf_generatePopover("swftext", false); }); });}</SCRIPT>​
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Wagner SC124111 Clutch Slave Cylinder Assembly

by Wagner
    Be the first to review this item | Like 1307891434 false -1 0 0 0 (0)
    <HR id=product-title-divider SIZE=1 noShade><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%"><TABLE class=product><TBODY><TR><TD class=priceBlockLabelPrice>Price:</TD><TD>$46.99 </TD></TR><TR style="LINE-HEIGHT: 0px; HEIGHT: 0px"><TD style="VISIBILITY: hidden"><TD style="VISIBILITY: hidden">o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%">In Stock.
    Ships from and sold by Baxter Auto Parts.
    </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%">Only 1 left in stock--order soon.
    </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%"></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%"></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%"></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%"></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%"></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><INPUT value=1 type=hidden name=itemCount> </FORM><STYLE type=text/css></STYLE><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> amznJQ.addLogical('lazyLoadLib', ["http://z-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/nav2/gamma/lazyLoadLib/lazyLoadLib-lazyLoadLib-1454._V188201290_.js"]); amznJQ.addLogical('amazonLike', ["http://z-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/browser-scripts/amazonLike/amazonLike-3598342102.js._V183419639_.js"]); amznJQ.addLogical('cmuAnnotations', ["http://z-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/nav2/gamma/cmuAnnotations/cmuAnnotations-cmuAnnotations-44699.js._V174015304_.js"]); amznJQ.addLogical('share-with-friends-js-new', ["http://z-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/nav2/gamma/share-with-friends-js-new/share-with-friends-js-new-share-60320.js._V181495099_.js"]);</SCRIPT>

11. hisel76

hisel76

UPDATE:
    Didn't get much done today. Had to regroup and clean the garage . Today was also one of those days that the neighbors would not stop coming by to either B.S or want me to look at their cars. I guess they think I don't charge by the hour on Sunday.

Things I did get done. Messed with the wiring somewhat today . Went to Wal Mart to get a lock key box to make a switch box out of. Then i mounted all of the switches and it will fit nicely under the seat. I also cut the bottom seat bracket off my 87 dodge caravan center seat. The seat fits nicely and is in great shape. Had to mock it up in the car so i can figure out where im going to mount my box. plus I got to sent in it for the first time and made me that much more motivated .I am trying to get all i can get done before I get off of leave in July

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  12. hisel76

hisel76

thanks im going to look into it

13. As you no doubt have found out with a SBF it is very long. I can save you some headaches! Contact Snowwhite ltd and get their short water pump kit. It shortens the motor by 2 1/2 inches. Then run a peracool electric fan.

306 SBF, Alum heads, 2x4s, Built C4, 2500 Stall converter, 4 wheel disc brakes.

[​IMG]

14. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For the "close" filter area----I have a remote flat adapter that allows 1/4 inch outlet to wherever you mount the filter, I'll take some pix!---PM me if you are interested----Don

Attached Files:

15. hisel76

hisel76

Fuzzy knight : I was curious if there was a short water pump for ford. I am new to ford, so thanks for the info i will check it out. also what size are your 4x2 carbs ?. i wanted to run them but dont know how much it will take. my motor has the bigger valve's, ported and polish , 280 isky roller cam and isky roller lifters .

I already bought a tran-dapt remote the other day. Looks like it is going to fit perfect but will need run 90 degree fittings to send the hoses to the frame rails out of sight.

16. The short pump kit runs an Opal Cadet pump. You are not able to run a thermostat with this set up.

On the Oil filter I just run a Fram PH 16. It is half the size of a PH8.
    Carbs are on a early over the counter factory 2x4 set up. They are 600 cfm each Holleys.
    I run the Edelbrock Alum Rpm heads and Edelbrock RPM cam

17. I ran the Snowwhite set up in this Model A
    [​IMG]

I had no problems running a Thermostat in it. Curious why you say that?

This one, I have the Ford Racing Short water pump kit in. And like the OP the Vega box location won't even allow the PH16 (Which I use on my 32), so that's why the 90 degree Ford Racing filter adapter
    [​IMG]

18. hisel76

hisel76

im running a vega box also, but don't want to stray away from the mechanical pump

19. then you will probably have to go to a Remote filter. I don't think you will find a place to rotate the 90 degree adapter to that will still clear the pump and the Vega box in an A

20. Hotroddon
    Because thats what snowwhite says!! As it eliminates the bypass

21. jamn47

jamn47

I forget the part number? but I used to use the oil filter from the 1983-1985 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor. This oil filter is designed to be used with the factory Police oil cooler adapter same pattern as a FL-1A type but very short, fits perfect! Good Luck, Hot Rod looks cool! Love the Ford in a Ford..

22. hisel76

hisel76

oil filter is taken care of with a remote. tried shorter filters and its not going to happen. no big deal to run one and there is some cool covers for them out there

23. hisel76

hisel76

Got power , finished running the electrical today . Ran out of wire loom ( new puppy ran off with it and ate most of it) . I will clean the wiring up more when i tear it down for paint. i haven't installed the starter yet but did bench test it off of my ignition and solenoid to make sure every thing was wired correctly . might fire it up before the end of the week but kind of waiting on my lakester headers

Also set the distributor and modified the rear trans mount to fit the ford tail shaft. The frame was originally set up for 350/350 combo .

I'm going to try and tackle installing the clutch tomorrow but I might need a days rest .

Attached Files:

24. hisel76

hisel76

hotroddon : on this set up do you have a return spring or does it return back from the pressure plate tension ? and did you leave some play in the rod ? going to work on getting everything together this week to do this.
    thanks Shawn

25. In ever had a problem running with a thermostat in it. Interesting

I did not need a return spring. I used a Ford Racing Diaphragm clutch.
    Yes I left about 1/8" of free play so it wouldn't wear out the T/O bearing

26. hisel76

hisel76

Thanks hotroddon , you have been a big help

27. hisel76

hisel76

UPDATE: i took a couple days off of the roadster to go to the hot rod reunion. tonight i attempted to re-skin my deck lid. it was in bad shape. im not a metal guy but pretty proud of what i did so far. i still have some tweaking to do but not much. i am done for the week , time to get ready for the road rocket rumble , the greatest show on earth .

there is also a hidden message in it. one of my club members was expose to be here tonight to help me and didn't show so i left a little message :)

Attached Files:

28. You better get crackin and finish that.........

29. hisel76

hisel76

Better then Christmas today. I got my lakester headers from Matt at lakeheaders.com . more then happy with them. going to cut them down a little when i get my turn outs. also pulled it outside today to re-group and clean the garage. i got a better look at the car as a whole outside in the sun.

Attached Files:

30. hisel76

hisel76

here is another pic of my mess

Attached Files: