Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to the 1936 Ford membership!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Rabid Whippet, Jun 13, 2011.

1. I have been dreaming about 1936 Fords for years and finally my dream came true. The history on this car before 1966 is vague but the guy I bought it off of bought it from an 80 + year old back in 2003. This car was stripped apart before 1966 as when Bill (the guy I bought it from) found it, the engine and trans that was original to the car was freshly rebuilt, sitting in the guys garage still in the corner with the receipt from 1966. Unfortunately Bill got rid of the drivetrain. Doh!!!!! But in place he did stick a 351 Ford with an AOD transmission that now has 40 minutes on it. I really want it to be like the last picture. The cool thing is that by all outside appearances it will be a traditional hotrod even with the vintage interior. This car has not been out of the darn more than twice in over 45 years. The body is totally rust free, has all new glass, stainless steel bumpers, and lots of other stuff that bill has done to it in the last 8 years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. This is what I really want the car to look like when done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. The electric chrome fan will be nixed for a non glittery black unobtrusive one.

4. Nice! congrads. That bare metal 5 window is perfect.

5. That is a super nice project! I am a little jealous!

6. dodored

dodored
    from Concord NC

Wow very cool car - X 2 on nixing the fan

7. 47chevycoupe

47chevycoupe
    from Finland

Congrats on your car................Welcome to the 36 club :D

8. What's better than having one hotrod project?
    Having two projects. My goal is to get this one running and driving and then work back on the Whippet. Then start customizing the 36. I have to thank my wife for being a big supporter of my addiction. Having 11 cars and not bitching is by far the best woman a man can have.

9. Nice,I like where you're plans are going with it!

10. Dude what a score! Good on ya! Will you have it ready for BP in two weeks?

-Shiny

11. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

sweeeeet! i want one!

12. 067chevy

067chevy

13. I am so stoked with my new project. The Whippet is so hard to find parts and the engine is also hard to find parts. Now the 1936 on the otherhand has lots of available parts sources. The car was just mocked up so I need to tighten every bolt, wire it all, align the front end as the bolts are totally loose. So Billetproof is out of the question. I will be there with my camera but my mind will be on my 1936 and my Whippet. I am also busy working long hours during my regular coarse of business.

14. koolkemp

koolkemp

Nice score ! Even nicer are your future plans for it congrats!

15. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great score! I got a '36 3-window a couple of weeks ago, but it's nowhere as nice as yours - I'm jealous ;)

Best of luck with it and keep us informed of the progress you make on it.

16. Hey Hitch, like I said, I got some parts for you, give me a call!!

17. Mmmmmmmmmmm 3 window!!!!!!!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!

18. I really didn't need another project but I'd rather think, on my death bed that I sure had a cool car than to wish I'd have bought my dream car and didn't.

19. Looks like an excuse to lay off the Whippet for a while. Say it ain't so.

20. moefuzz

moefuzz

Good deal, that thing sticks out like a sore thumb!
    Other than that, you have one heck of a sweet ride.... '36 is a dream of mine too, someday.

...It looks like that old paint would probably polish up ok,
    3M makes great polishing compounds that will really make her shine...

I'll bet that with their system and an afternoon of elbow grease You will be amazed.
    (I was with my '35 and it looked very similiar to what you are starting with)

<iframe width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v5QieABhjl4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Congrates on finally getting the car you always wanted, hope to here that you are cruising the streets before too long.

moe

21. That
    Is
    Awesome!

22. Just a little bit of time off. But hey working like I'm working right now, none of them are going to be put together real fast!!

23. Actually the black paint is very very old and up close you can see the red oxide primer barely showing through. It will be good enough for now though even if it doesn't shine up. Its still a cool ass car!! I'm guessing that the paint was done in the 50s sometime or earlier. Did they use red oxide paint on the original 1936s? I doubt it but I really don't know.

24. Thanks!!!! I had a hard day trying to concentrate at work today!! Knowing that I have this car that needs to be put together!!!

25. 4rod

4rod

rad score...My dream as well...some day...also, dig the bare metal ride...

26. Very nice score!!
    I'm not too much into the tail dragger thing, but hey, if we all wanted them to look alike we'd be restorers.

27. I just came out of the shop and after jacking up the front and back, I think I just witnessed the cleanest under body and frame I have ever seen . Not one bit of rust!! Not even surface. Lots of loose bolts but all painted black with not a spec of painted scale. Nice smooth genuine Ford steel!!!
    Still a ton of work to do but its good to see that I don't have any rust repair.

28. I'll drive it like it is for a while and see how my tastes are when the time comes.

29. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Please please do not chop it or put skirts on it. :(

It's such a nice car now the way it is.