Register now to get rid of these ads!

..New Ride.. 63 Meteor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by turbo.a.c, Jun 16, 2007.

1. turbo.a.c

turbo.a.c
    from IL

2. turbo.a.c

turbo.a.c
    from IL

Just got this meteor and lookin for anyone that owns one on here or some pictures of some nice ones done up. Im going for the whole bellflower style i think not too sure on paint and what not yet any ideas or opinions would be great...

Attached Files:

3. Square One

Square One

4. poncho

poncho

i had one that i put supremes on ,,and laced the roof,,kool little cars...

5. poncho

poncho

6. lone wolf

lone wolf

sharp looking car, i like it.

7. Jimv

Jimv

Kool ride, i love those cars, does it have the 221 V-8 in it?
    JimV

8. INTRUDER

INTRUDER
    from NW Indiana

ok how much what a beauty

9. turbo.a.c

turbo.a.c
    from IL

I got it for a resonable price...

10. Rocket

Rocket
    from Austin Tx

that is a sweet looking car. i'd throw the supremes on it make it looks 60's style lowrider

11. turbo.a.c

turbo.a.c
    from IL

Thanks man thats what i think i might end up doing its got a 260 v8 in it any ideas for performance parts for these engines anyone..

12. turbo.a.c

turbo.a.c
    from IL

Tuned up the motor real good and painted the wheel and put some new tires on i thought id break them in with a burn out.

Attached Files:

13. spudsmania9

spudsmania9
    from Arkansas

I too have a meteor but it doesn't move on its own yet...

Your 260 V8 is in the same block family as a 289. So a lot of 289 parts would work.

Your 260 uses a different bellhousing than the 289/302 so its a pain to adapt a different transmission to it.

The motor mounts on a 221 or 260 have 6" between holes instead of 7" on the 289/302.

Just a few things to know before you start modifying it. Also check out www.crazyformercurys.com for 5.0 swap tech

14. fast Ed

fast Ed

Early 289s, up to 65 model year I believe, shared the 5-bolt bellhousing pattern with the 221 and 260. So that's an option too, if a transmission swap at the same time is not in the cards.

cheers
    Ed N.

15. turbo.a.c

turbo.a.c
    from IL

I finished up my wheels and tires and decided to start patching up some holes in the floor. Im not that great with metal working and what not but im happy with how the patch panels came out. I was mostly just looking for the floors to be strong tried to make them pretty but it didnt really turn out to well. If im doing anything wrong i would like the input and i couldnt seem to find a bead big enough to match the original anyone know where to get one..? thanks

Attached Files:

16. vwbus1979

vwbus1979

Check out this amazing barn find I purchased about two months ago!

A 63 Meteor S33 Custom with 99,980 on the clock!

I was trolling Craigslist looking for a new habit when I found this lil' Meteor from the 2nd owner. He bought it from his father-in-law in 1980 but just garaged it. He has ailing heath so he needed to sell it. $4700.00

When I saw it, I had never heard of a Meteor before. I did a little researched and found that the S33 2DR HT was only done in 1963 and was very rare. They only made ~7000 units of which most were sent to Canada.

So I called right away and asked "Does it have the V8?" - Yes....My next question: "Where do you live?" ha ha ha...I was so lucky. I was the first caller! I pulled $400 from the ATM, drove to Washington and watched him drive it out of the barn. I was STUNNED to say the least. He let me drive it around the block. I came back, shook his hand and handed him the money. His phone kept going off the hook with others but it was too late for them!

It fired right up! No ticks, rattles, drips, whines or grinds. No problems at all. I asked him about the history. His father-in-law bought it from the showroom in Portland OR. He handed me the paperwork and every single receipt ever done on the car. Then he shocked me: He also had the dealer window stickers. WOW!

This car is 100% original. Red on Red. Immaculate Interior. It only needed a water pump, wiper blades and air in the tires. I AM SO LUCKY!

So...I've contemplated doing some rod mods but everyone tells me "LEAVE IT ALONE"...What are your thoughts? Should I mod it? Drop a 427 in there with a 4 speed? Or do more mild mods like dual exhaust, lower it, bigger wheels? I'm curious as to what you guys think. You own beautiful examples of this fine automobile so I thought I would ask.

Thanks for your time!

Dave

Attached Files:

17. MeteorMan

MeteorMan

Nice Meteor's! I've had similar dreams for mine (especially after seeing Poncho's) but money's not going as far as it used to! I've had it for sale on here and the Meteor site for over a year (lot's of tire kickers during that time) but I still have it, it REALLY needs a new home!