Register now to get rid of these ads!

Listen to your Girlfriends/Wives..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bloodyknucklehill, Jun 12, 2011.

1. So I had my Saturday all planned out, yard-work, Shop work, then ice cold beer (in no particular order) when my girlfriend makes me stop mowing and says we have to go out in the sticks for a BBQ at her aunts house.. Yay, I thought, with as much sarcasm as the voice in my head can muster. So i agree begrudgingly and am an absolute crabby asshole all the way there.. Then, as we're pulling into her Aunts driveway I immediatly perk up.. There is a sweet looking 48 Plymouth sitting in her driveway.. As I approach the yard I quickly spot the owner without having to ask, cause the guy is wearing a Bonneville/SCTA t-shirt. So i start talking with the guy and having a blast. He (like alot of older retired people in my area) is 76 years old and originally from Stockton i think he said and he started telling me stories about his younger hot-rod related escapades. He must have seen the genuine intrique ( or he was getting tired of the questions) and says, "Hey, you wanna go for a spin?" So we hop in his Plymouth and go for about a ten minute ride on this back-country road and this thing hauls ass.. Chrysler straight six with a three carb set-up and a split manifold.. Anyways the moral of the story, I guess, is just go wherever your significant other wants to drag you... You never know what might happen..

Attached Files:

2. fleetside66

fleetside66

3. nice. don't you love it when that happens? ....except for the part where you have to say, "Yes Honey, You were right."

4. I know.. I ended up getting Ice Cold Beer for free so that was a bonus too :)

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Mine would just drag me to some weird Chinese party... No beer and I'm the only one who doesn't speak Cantonese!

6. Hoodlum Rocky

Hoodlum Rocky

That is cool, you probably also made the old dude day, he maybe also might not have been thrilled about going also.

7. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

did you buy it? otherwise id still probably be a crabby asshole about going, lol

8. A man who lets his wife think she is in charge, is a happy man. { The key word here is " think " }.

9. Cold beverage=$6.00, old cars=$$$$,some grey beard who's into them too...priceless!

10. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Reminds me of a joke....

ON their wedding night, a big strapping young man takes off his pants and hands them to his new bride and says "Put these on." She says, "I can't wear those!" to which he replies "You just remember that I wear the pants in this family." So, in reply, she takes off her skimpy little panties and tosses them to him and says "Put those on, dear love." He looks at them, and then replies, "Honey, I can't get into these." To which she replies, "Your right. As long as I can't wear the pants you can't get into my panties!"

lol

11. I hope I did as much as he made mine.. I love meeting and talking with the guys that lived in the hey-day of the hot-rod era.. And I hope that they enjoy the fact that there's younger guys out there that are interested in what they did and the stories/lessons they have to teach..

12. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

As a child i used to get hauled around against my will to yard sales and so on, Now i love getting drug to them cause you never know what kind of tools or parts you might find around here.... Just no free beer....

13. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Mine would just chain me and drag me with her car.My wife never took me anyplace cool.........................

14. Guess maybe I'm lucky.. This actually isn't the first time my girlfriend has dragged me kicking and screaming to somewhere I ended up loving.. When her GrandPa passed away i went to his memorial and then to a Black Velvet soaked BonFire in his honor and got to peruse around his yard which consisted of more car parts than I could shake a stick at, A 70 olds 442, a 53 VW, a 55 Willy's pickup, a 44 GPW, (he was a WW2 and Korean Vet.) and the remains of a two wheeled contraption he made out of a fuselage(did I spell that right) of an airplane he found out in the middle of no-where, a clothes dryer motor, and two bicycles.. Whenever he got bored he made something that moved on wheels.. Now I have two 390's that I have to go get because of it.. 1 run of the mill 390 long block and an Interceptor Block and heads they yarded out of an old Cop Car.. Did I mention That I Love My Girlfriend :)

15. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Better you should tell her then to tell us...

16. I do everyday, thank you..

17. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

yep, without the old lady draggin me places i turn into a hermit crab and dont go do the things life is all about.