Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody deal with Rally America?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by baspinall, May 25, 2011.

1. customcory

customcory

THANK YOU , JIMMY. hope to do much business in the future.

2. silent rick

silent rick

?????

3. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

What did you order, spacers or adapters? Your original post was about spacers?

I've bought adapters from them and they were received in a reasonable time and for a reasonable price.

4. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

I will never do any business with Jimmy at Ralley.gave us nothing but the run around on trim rings.

5. gravelpete

gravelpete
    from canada

I ordered wheels and took awhile but was happy with them. I also ordered dummy studs for them and he gave me the run around on them, he took my money and I waited and waited and never got them. He refunded my money in the end after I called him told him to shuv up his a%% and he told me he didn't want to make them anyway becasue they were a pain to make. He didn't seem to mind offering them when I was oredering the wheels though. Product was good but was upset with the way he operates.

6. metalman

metalman

I've ordered a couple sets from Jimmy and was real happy with them. Quality product, little late getting here but not too bad. Turned a buddy on to him. He ordered wheels and started getting a major run around and the story started changing, one week the hoops finally came in and he would have them out in a week, next week he was still waiting for hoops (???). At that point my buddy cancled the order and ordered from Wheel Smiths, now different issues (shipped right away but wrong size, now waiting, waiting.
    If Jimmy would be completely honest and upfront about the wait/ delivery time instead of off the wall excusses after the order it would be better, my buddy would of waited (doesn't need them right away, he just cancled the order because of the BS.

7. mj40's

mj40's

Just as promised and they look great.

8. realkustom51

realkustom51

Jimmy, we just got the wheels today.
    Great sweet jesus H god, these are beautiful. The best wheels I have ever seen. The plating is perfect, we cant find any flaws at all. This is our third set of wheels and it wont be the last. Thank you so much.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  9. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bought many sets from these guys-both Jimmy and his Dad know the products better than most--sometimes takes a while but always top quality-bought from another place previously mentioned and they were out of round-gave up and they are in the "surplus" pile.

10. indaworx40

indaworx40
    from New York

Guess I just some bad luck. After a couple of weeks, I realized that the email address wasn't working. I've read positive things here over the years and, I know a couple of guys who have purchased wheels from Jimmy, so I ordered my new steelies, etc (by phone) back in March. One pair had a custom backspace, so it was going to be about 3 weeks. After a month I called again, and found that they lost my order! New order, "2 weeks max".... while waiting, I came across this thread and decided to be patient. I got a call last week that the wheels were shipping, and they arrived Tuesday. But no spiders or cones. Waited a couple of days, and called Jimmy today. The cones are on backorder now, "maybe 3- 4 weeks". Like someone said, he's a nice guy, but terrible with customer relations. C'mon Jimmy, a simple phone call goes a long way. Especially when we're trying to support an Alliance vendor.

11. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Ordered two 16 x 6's came fast, look good...just wish he would have told me they were mutl-hole not straight 5 x 4.5's.....or I should have been more specific?, they'll work but I'll have to keep the hub caps on.

12. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Any time a thread like this comes up on here about R/A there are people who swear by them and some who swear AT them. We had our own unpleasant experience a few years ago with R/A........won't go into that now. But the bottom line is, all customers want is the TRUTH.

What separates good customer service from lousy customer service is if the customer feels he is being lied to in order to keep the order, or to keep from getting pissed off. Delays do happen in business, especially today, in this lousy economy, everyone is keeping inventories low. Just tell us that you don't have a firm delivery date but that you will keep us posted and that will keep a lot of ill will from happening.

In our own sour experience the frustration level climbed because we got one story one week and another story the next. If we had been told the truth all along we would have been able to plan accordingly.

Don

13. LOWDUG37

LOWDUG37

I will second that.

14. ^^^
    I will third that.
    Not pleased.

15. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pleased on help, quality, price & service, on my chrome reversed wheels.

16. BigT

BigT
    from Memphis

I just needed a few replacment spokes and these guys treated me right. After a recent string of hinky deals and shipping issues this experience was refreshing.

17. I ordered some out of the ordinary wheels and it took 9 mos to get them. The quality of the wheels were great but took a long time to receive them.
    I would use them again but would plan accordingly if ordering custom made wheels.

18. baspinall

baspinall
    from SE PA

Well I still have no adapters? Guess I have to call Jimmy again ......

19. baspinall

baspinall
    from SE PA

Well I have about had it with this place. Emails ..... nothing. Callbacks ... nothing ? PM's ... nothing What the heck. You want to sell stuff or not? All you have to do is talk to me.

20. moonlight graham

moonlight graham
    from wyo

It's funny, I called jimmy yesterday to order some additional wheels. He picked up right away on maybe the second or third ring.

Geoffrey

21. john walker

john walker

maybe use a different phone number so your caller ID doesn't come up. i tend not to answer if i know it's an oddball customer, or someone i don't feel like talking to at the moment. not sayin' you are.

22. baspinall

baspinall
    from SE PA

Jimmy has talked with me about three different times. Always says next week. I give the hell up!

23. Nocero

Nocero

I ordered a set of custom wheels for my coupe from Jimmy a couple months ago. I have to say I couldn't be happier with the service, quality, time (he beat estimated time frame he told me by a couple weeks.)
    The chrome is way better than another manufacturer that I wont mention. He took the time to talk to me and actually saved me $40 per wheel with his recomendations. They answered within 2 rings and I got to talk to a knowledgable person. Thats worth something to me these days.
    I did several searches on here as I was leary about some of the wheel guys from what I've read. I can tell you for sure Rally America has earned my buisness.
    Hang in there I know how it feels to have your car on jackstands, but from my experience they'll come through with a nice product and it wont be made in china crap.

24. baspinall

baspinall
    from SE PA

That's fine but do not personally tell me over and over that they "will" be in next week, week after week! Be straight up with me and I will be a loyal customer! That is all I ask, not to much in my book. I have also owned my own business for over twenty years. I'll tell you one fact, if I treated my customers that way I would have been out of business nineteen years ago.

25. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

I've used Jimmy for quite a long time. Always super pleased with service and quality of product. But in the last 12 months, I feel like we're some kind of tools. I always pay up front, and never argue the price. RA Wheels are on several of our cars, and the level of quality was awesome. Until I ordered the wheels for the Atomic Bombshell. Really cool wheels, but all four rims were pitted, and one of the fronts lips was bent (in shipping, so not his fault). Jimmy took the fronts back, and for over 6 months was supposedly fixing them. When they returned, and all the chrome where the center meets the shell is cracked and flaking. I was told a call tag would be sent right away, that they would be fixed post haste, and then returned to us free of charge. I thought that was good customer service too. It's what we would have done. Well, after two weeks and no call tag, we called again. "Sorry, I'll get that right out." That was two months ago. Now no one answers the telephone. But I see a new website is up. So what gives?

At the same time we returned the fronts above the first time, I ordered a set of 4 wheels for GuyOnTheHamb (Rocket). "Four weeks" then "two more weeks" then "they're at the polisher" then "they're right here on the floor, I just need to assemble them and ship them" then "oh they're at the polisher." Damn. WTF? Just give me a straight answer. Oh, and did I mention we paid for these up front too? And not only did we cancel the order, and expect a call tag for the other wheels, but a check was supposed to be in with the call tag to refund Rockets money.

Now you guys know I don't air stuff out on the HAMB unless it's serious. Stockton Wheel was that one other time, and that was years ago. The last time Jimmy actually answered the telephone, I told him I would post my problems on here if we didn't get a straight answer, and get the wheels repaired. I commented on how I really liked using him and his wheels, and that I really wanted to resolve this and keep doing business together. Two months after that conversation, and several calls from Rocket, Becky and myself, here I am. I just called, ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring, click "answering machine not on, good bye".....................

Sorry dude, but I want the rims for Atomic Bombshell repaired or replaced, and I want Rockets dough back. I know how a business can get busy (HIRE MORE PEOPLE), I know how the phone can ring off the hook (HIRE A BOOK KEEPER/Business manager), and I know how things can get tight for a little guy. And I know that sometimes customer service isn't what it should be. I've been there myself. We all have. Please, fix it. I don't want to see someone with a great a product as you can produce fail. You know what to do to make this right.

26. I bought a set of artillery wheels from RA. Very pleased with price, quality and service. Knowledgable, good guys. I'd do business with them anytime.

27. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Just ordered a set of 4 gennies and trim rings from Jimmy a month ago. Got them as promised, really nice quality stuff. Also ordered a custom set of wide-fives a couple of years ago. Same story, excellent quality and rec'd when promised.

That being said, I understand how it is to be small and have a tough time meeting demand. When you do quality work, you often have more work than you can do while maintaining the quality that got you there. Hard to find people to do the job to your standards. Plus, when you are counting on someone else (like a chromer) its like pushing a rope...... honest communication is the key.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  28. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Just an update for everyone. I was told the week of Jan 1st by Jimmy that we'd have the front wheels for the Atomic Bombshell by Valentines Day. So, with no tracking number or email in sight, I called him yesterday about it. The answer? "They're still at the chromer." Which is what I was told the week of Jan 1st.

Now he claims he'll call us daily with updates. TWO YEARS we've been waiting on these wheels.

That is all.

29. 5window

5window

It beats me how one poster will claim instant service and shipping with good communication and the next has an experience like this. Same thing seems to be going on over at the JAMCO threads. Maybe Alliance Venders should have a yearly review to see if they still are proving the majority with good service?

One thing's for sure-nobody's life is long enough to wait two years for wheels.