Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest old farts over 70

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rainhater1, Feb 23, 2010.

1. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

My daughter was speculating about what would happen to me when I couldn't pass my driving test anymore. When I said that would be a good day, she was puzzled. I had to explain that when that happened driving my jalopy would be a lot more fun, and less expensive, I wouldn't have to renew the registration or insurance and when I got a ticket and the judge said $$$ or Days in jail, I'd take the days..................:cool:

2. I used to think 40 was over the hill. now 70 just doesn't seem old at all. quit counting years and switched to decades. at 6.8 " I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was"..........Jim

3. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I turned 70 ten days ago, and I forgot what I was going to say.

4. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

Congrats Tony,
    I'll be 69 in a couple wks:)

5. jaguars-hotrods

jaguars-hotrods

John, Rainhater1, so your in the white mountains, I'm moving up July 2 to Lakeside I'll be at the Run To The Pines with my 1955 Ford courier and 1968 Camaro RS hope to see you there, Rick

6. 39 Ford

39 Ford

I have less than 3 1/2 years to make 70 but often feel like 80 can I join?

7. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hurry & get one started!!---I've only got 1 more year till I'm 80!!!!!!

8. junkiegene

junkiegene
    from anaheim

I'm in, will be 73 end of August.

9. 80vette

80vette

I turned 70 this past February. Working on a 32 Hi-Boy. A project I wanted to do all my life. Always been a gearhead and now I'm having fun....AND frustration building this deuce. Built my first flathead at age 16 and 10w30 been pumping in my veins ever since. The flattie was in my 46 Ford coupe. One of many old Ford I owned. Like most of you guys......in my head I'm still 18.....

10. I'm in at 72!

The black '40 was my ride when I was 17 (in 1956)

There's been some kind of a 'hot rod' in the garage ever since.

The white & red pickup is my ride today.

The Shifter Kart is my current race car. (SCCA Autocross)

The picture of me skiing (left) was taken last month (5/13/11)

I have a sticker on my Kart and on my ski helmet that says "Growing Old Is Mandatory - Growing Up Is Optional"

Attached Files:

11. Freeman1938

Freeman1938

Turned 73 in May

12. wrong generation

wrong generation
    from new jersey

having you old guys on this site is one of the things that makes it great. being 26 and wishing i was around "back in the day sense modern cars suck but listening to your stories helps lol. :cool::D

although can't say much about the old fart comment due to i often get called that by a 9 year old. :rolleyes:

13. Normbc9

Normbc9

75 and still building old cars. Its been a great run for me!
    Normbc9

Attached Files:

14. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Gosh, I feel much younger after reading this post! I'm still 9 years from joining the old farts club! :)

15. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

Turning 73 in August and a friend just pointed out to me "YOU GOTTA BE TOUGH TO GET OLD" .Hope I typed that OK with my recent eye surgery I'm not seeing too well

16. Angliaguy

Angliaguy

Well I'm sorry I didn't see this before. I'll be 75 in 3 weeks (Jul 4) but I feel as long as I refuse to grow up I'll be just fine.

17. mysteryman

mysteryman
    from atlanta

im only 45 and i fit your requirements .i learned yesterday on the right lower side of my screen what the 100% means,its now on 150% so now i can see the words ,also when im trying to post a reply i have to keep going bak to original post to read it again because i forget why i was replying.plus most of all if yall had own site who will we learn from

18. 41PICUP

41PICUP

Here is a credo to live by, and a truck I saw at Goodguys at Pleasenton,
    Both very cool.

Attached Files:

19. Jay Yuskaitis

Jay Yuskaitis

If it were not for the old farts over 70, none of the young turds would be around! Jay Y.

20. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

[​IMG]
    My signature on other sites.:D

21. Thats the second thing to go.........I don't rember what was first.

22. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

The keys on this keyboard are one inch square! Some of the older HAMBERs might benefit. :)

[​IMG]

23. Olderndirt 3

Olderndirt 3

Hey, Gang!

I'm 83 and still goin'. Not nearly as fast as I once was but that's life. Just thank God for bein' here and having a great wife and family (and our 40 Ford DeLuxe coupe),

24. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Here's a good one to tell us youngsters.

A couple of years ago a co-worker was on a job out east and ran into one ol' fart that had earned his stay. My co-worker, "Bob" was a drinker and like to "mix things up" when he got to drinking. After a handful of shots he decided to have some fun at the ol' timer sitting alone at the end of bar exspense. Bob walked over to the bar and while ordering "bumped" the ol' guy sitting there. The man's beer spilled down the front of his shirt but the ol' guy just ignored it. Well, Bob, being the rude drunk he was, kept playing the game though out the night, each time the "bump" got a little harder. Well before too long the "ol' fart" must of had enough. Bob strolled up to the bar for another round and started to raise his arm for another bump but he was a little too slow. Bob said before he knew what was happening the ol' dude had pushed Bob's back onto the bar and had a nice shiny blade under Bob's chin. Bob said the old man had a grip like a vise and he thought he was going to die. The "Ol' Fart" said "Son, I lived my life, if you want to continue to live yours, go f@#K with someone else!"
    Bob said he didn't know what to say so he handed the bartender a $20 and said he was paying the "nice gentleman" sitting next to him tab and left the bar. Bob still claims that is one of the major reasons he quit drinking.

Don't screw with the Ol' Farts, what they lack in youth they make up for with spite!

25. Dave Zapatka

Dave Zapatka

64 laps and still flat out !

26. "Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying
    about your age and start bragging about it."

"The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for."

"Some people try to turn back their odometers.
    Not me; I want people to know 'why' I look this way.
    I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

- Will Rogers

27. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

There was a group from Florida that started this club well over ten years ago. They even sent out a news letter that always made me grin. I was never in their area except for the Turkey Run so I finally did not renew. I don't know if they are still going or not. They seemed to have fun with it.

28. cooger

cooger

Hell, 5 seconds ain't a bad reaction time at the drags---but it was tough getting it out of reverse!
    cooger

29. The OFCC was pretty much wiped out by a tornado that hit the Indy Goodguy show back in the late nineties. We were lucky to escape that one alive, we were sleeping in the vendor tent.
    I wrote most of the newsletters and if you send me an address i will send you a copy of the issues that I have left.
    The club also suffered loss the of the founder, Dennis Hubbard, and I still miss his calls.

30. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

6 more days and I can join but I like to tell everyone that I'll be 60 plus shipping and handling.

Mike