Register now to get rid of these ads!

For you Edsel lovers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hivolt5.0, May 23, 2011.

1. Sorry about letting the cat outta the bag Shaine......It was just a really cool look. If you need help with paint work I'll help ya where ever I can.

2. shainerman

shainerman

John, I may take you up on that. Theres a few areas im not 100% certain with, but more than anything, I need a place to work, haha. Im on a small shop hunt as we speak.

3. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

For Edsel owners this is a cool site..... I look at it from time to time. I just learned that 2% of 1958's had the 3spd/OD option. 95% had the teletouch for 1958.

www.edsel.com

It also has a data plate decoder. I think I am gonna take a few minutes and see what my car started out as or with.

4. mlagusis

mlagusis

I would like the 3SP/od. but my wife wont. Ours has the teletouch

5. mlagusis

mlagusis

Drugasm,
    how about brakes? do you have the stock master or did you upgrade? I saw a guy on ebay that has a dual res power unit for $160 ish. I might try it out. Anybody else use this kit? it uses a Corvette master.

6. I look at EDSEL.COM alot. I go there to see what rare stuff is posted on the 'net for sale that I can decode. That is why I bought our '58 Villager. The VIN list and decoder told me it was the first 6 passenger Edsel wagon ever produced! Official Edsel production started on July 15 1957 and ours was built on July 17 1957. I would not have bought it if it wasn't for that site. Wealth of info!!!

7. Django

Django
    from Chicago

This weekend I saw a '58 "gasser" but it looked a little closer to a street machine. Unfortunately I wasn't able to take a picture. :(

8. shainerman

shainerman

the data tech spread on edsel.com is perfect. I have it laminated and staples to a wall in my garage. Every torque spec you'd ever need.

9. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

My brakes are all stock to my knowledge. Single res fruit jar and drums. I haven't even pulled the drums to inspect. They started making a little noise recently on real slow speed stops so I may have to dig in to them soon.

They aren't too bad. My girlfriend can drive it and she's smaller(504/125). She has a harder time with no power steering and remembering where 1st is hiding.

I look at Edsel.com about every three months or so... I always find something new. It helps to have the answers to oddball questions coz people will ask them.

10. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Did my decoder today...... What's the only thing cooler than being cool?

ICE COLD baby. ICE green and ARTIC white exterior from the factory. They built cool into this car ha ha.

11. I apologize for taking things a bit off topic, but if you like giving your pics an aged look you mighy try a free download of PolaDroid software. I've posted this link before but in case anyone's missed it, it's fun and more than a little addictive. :cool:

http://www.poladroid.net/

A couple samples and more in the thread linked below...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=325152&highlight=poladroid

12. Cause a stock Edsel is not weird enough.....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  13. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  14. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Has anyone checked the IMDB for Edsels?

I can list a few movies I know of with Edsels:

American Graffiti
    Peggy Sue Got Married (never seen it, hear about it alot)
    Sandlot (right before the Great Bambino speech)

Any others?

15. shainerman

shainerman

How about
    Drew and Shanes Excellent Adventure: In the Desert with Peyote.

Its a great documentary in the making.

16. Coming soon to a theatre near you: Dude...Where's my Edsel?

17. Here you go....
    http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles_make-Edsel.html

18. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Edsel and Loathing with Lost Wages.

"You can't park your car here!".

Why? Is this an unreasonable Place to park?

19. The sign says: "FINE FOR PARKING"

I thought it meant it was the PERFECT spot officer........:confused:

20. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

I forgot about Psycho..... First time I saw it I was cheering her on to buy the Edsel.

21. edsel.fi

edsel.fi

It goes to 30% under-over what ever drive.
    I have 3.70 gears on my pacer, when overdrive goes on, final ratio goes to about 2.60: 1 ! Pretty low rpm @ 60 mph !

22. edsel.fi

edsel.fi

I quess owner understood that something went seriously wrong ??
    I can`t understand why someone ruins perfect piece or art !!! :mad:

23. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

Because it's a Custom.....You know you take a car and Customize it, kinda what this site is all about.

24. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I like the roadster edsel except for the radical frenched headlights. That other one with the fenderwells all out is pretty wild too

Just after i bought my unibody pickup a sharp edsel wagon came up for sale, 2 weeks earlier I would have had a edsel wagon and bagged it out to lay frame.

25. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

The roadster was a parts car for mine. Previous owner took good parts off to make mine cherry and when he was finished went nuts on the 4dr stripped out parts car. At least he kept it on the road.

26. I love the '59 in Pee Wee's Big Adventure! It had a "parachute" top....LOL!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spooky likes this.
  27. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

28. TexasDeuce

TexasDeuce

I used to have a '59 Ranger a few years back and I loved it. It was my daily driver for a couple of years but things got tough and I had to sell it. I regret it every time I see an Edsel thread on here.
    I used to get a bunch of crap from people saying it was "the worst car ever made" or "you are never gonna find parts for that"...but I never really had any problems when I had it. Just the usual stuff that needs tinkering with on a 40+ year old car.

Attached Files: