Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects First build just went to a new owner...where's the tissue?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by poboyross, Jun 8, 2011.

1. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

So I JUST sold my 1950 Styleline to a great local guy, Piratestagehand. This build kept me sane through some tough times as an outlet for my anger and frustrations, and I was able to learn the ropes of car building during its tenure with me. I'm extremely glad that it went to such a great guy and his wife. Hopefully it'll bring them as much joy as it did me. Godspeed old buddy, Godspeed.

[​IMG]

2. brad chevy

brad chevy

First build,hell man be proud of yourself. You built something that another hotrodder wanted to own and drive. Get another one and stay sane and busy.

3. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Thanks! :)

I was very thorough in everything I did. Before that car, all I could do was check the fluids. Between the HAMB and Y*uT*be, I learned everything I know. I truly believe it sold because I was dead set from the beginning on doing things right and with good quality materials/components. The thing is mechanically solid and safe. A completely new drive train from stem to stern. He should get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

The money from this will go to fund my Model A build, if not get it on the road. Very thankful to the car for being able to be its steward, improve upon it, and pass it on to someone else who will pick up where I left off in the same spirit as I did.

4. I hate crying.....I ain't ever selling shit.;)

5. Congrats! Oh, and BTW, there isn't a dry eye in the crowd ...

6. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

A man after my own heart. Ross, I feel your pain.

7. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

LOL!!! I almost spit my Pepsi on my keyboard...which I need, b/c I'm "working" right now.

It's just from the exhaust fumes, right?

Yeah, I just felt it was time...the upcoming move, wanting to fund the A build and not deplete our income any further, etc.

You know, though, I was ok selling it up to the point of seeing it drive away and realizing...DAMN....those glass packs I put on it sound bad ass. I had never seen it being driven down the road, much less heard it going down the road from any other vantage point that inside of it. Glad it went to a good owner, don't regret selling it.....ask me in a month XD just kidding.

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I thought I was the only one who stood in the driveway with a sad face as my car was being driven/towed away. it helps to go back in and count and re-count the money.

9. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Indeed....it won't be around here for long, either. I'm trading it in for various hunks of formed/semi-formed metal via the HAMB and various online vendors...purveyors of my favorite drug. :)

10. Ghost28

Ghost28

Man I know that hurts. I Sold a car at the nationals in pueblo on a whim, I put a for sale sign on it and 5 hrs later it was driving out of the complex, and I was left standing with my suitcase, tool box, and a boatload of cash. It looked like a drug deal going on in the back seat.

11. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Sellin beats crashin, it's all good, the sellin.

12. i hate selling a car probably why i have too many. congratulations and condolences.

13. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

boo hoo lol. sweet little bit of chedda tord the A build. cant wait to see that thing movin.

14. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

Now on to your next build!!

15. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Yeah, ME TOO. Picking up the frame/assorted parts this weekend. JohnnyBBad is helping me out as I'm a babe in the woods yet again...hopefully there will be a roller in the near future. Gotta get my good cowl shipped out here from CA...which is ironically where I'm moving to at the end of the summer XP