Register now to get rid of these ads!

ID this fuel injector I need another

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LANCE-SPEED, Jun 7, 2011.

1. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

My friend purchased an old Harley drag bike that he is gonna give a new life as a Land Speed bike. It came with (1) injector and he needs another. he knows it is not for a motorcycle, he thinks it may be an old aftermarket
    hot rod part? Also if you know what it is, do you have one for sale? He needs one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  2. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

All of the parts (hoses, arms, nozzles, barrle valve) are HILBORN

3. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

Anyone?? A little more specific??

4. We used to use a single off for a Big Block MOPAR when we ran a single. I have also heard of guys using an injector for a 326 Pontiac.

I can't see it well enough to tell you for sure. Uploaded pictures I can usually make bigger but linked pictures I can't do much with without downloading them first.

5. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

6. Looks like a hilborn unit cut out of a MOPAR flange. do you know what the throttle bore is?

7. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

COOL, Where would we find 1, just one?

8. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

with the 7 other injectors attached to the manifold??

as is common practice with engines that have little aftermarket support, the original maker bought a complete v8 manifold (possibly damaged originally) and cut off the number of injectors that he needed. lots of guys used to do this when they ran vw's one sbc hilborn injection manifold would do two vw engines when cut up.

9. I'll send you a PM.

10. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

If you need one or two of 1.650 or about, I can help you.

11. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

ok I see now, the injector is welded to the head! all you really need is an injector with the correct size. I thought they had found an injector that bolted on. you really just need the id of the injector at the butterfly and where it aligns with the head. should be able to narrow it down from there. might be easier to cut the injector off and weld up two different ones that you know match. if those butterflies aren't matched up perfect your idle and mid throttle is going to be a total vibrator! I've seen it on an injected VW. rattles your fillings out!

12. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

13. crowerglide

crowerglide
    from Tyler, TX

Seems like the old Chrysler wedge Hilborn I had was actually two separate pieces that bolted to the heads, not a one piece manifold. I think the early Olds may have been similar.

14. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

1 13/16

15. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

I found it----HILBORN model #105-O-4A (1-13/16)
    Offenhauser midget engine Its the #2 injector (of 4) because of the BV mounting pad.

16. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

One place where there are plenty of cheap throttle bodies is junk yards. Here is a picture of a set on a banger that I made from a 750 Suzuki efi. Also one I made from 4.6 Ford mod motor efi parts. There are thousands of these thinga on Ebay and in junk yards all over. I know Stu got famous and I hope he got rich inventing constant flow fuel injection. But you can buy much better OEM throttle bodies way cheaper all over the place. Still need to go to Hilborn for pump, metering block, nozzles, and all that. Shaft size is 5/16. Throttle arms have 10-32 threads and are on 1.200 centers. I have made a bunch of these for bangers, Chevy sixes and one for a Buick eight. Easy to make and they work fine. I have some Honda TBs that are 1.615. The Suzuki was 1.875

Attached Files:

17. kma4444

kma4444

That's some nice work there Rich, nice indeed

18. Kinsler makes individual throttle bodies in various sizes.

Hilborn is still in business, they might be able to help.

19. i just had my stack injectors rebuilt by hilborn they were fast and the price was reasonable i've also used kinsler both worked as they said no problems . you should give them a call and alkydigger was very helpful

20. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I have some Ford Tarus 3 liter TBs. They have 1.940 bore. Sealed ball bearing throttle shafts and cost about $9 when I bought them. These things work good.

Attached Files: