Register now to get rid of these ads!

Crash in Butler County Pa :UPDATE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roddinron, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roddinron

roddinron

UPDATE

Family Fights For Child To Awake Following Violent Crash
    Girl, 7, Injured In Brady Township Crash On June 5

POSTED: 10:18 pm EDT June 14, 2011
    UPDATED: 7:47 am EDT June 15, 2011
    [EMAIL: Family Fights For Child To Awake Following Violent Crash] Email [PRINT: Family Fights For Child To Awake Following Violent Crash] Print
    [COMMENTS: Family Fights For Child To Awake Following Violent Crash] Comments
    (11)
    Bookmark and Share
    BRADY TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- Family members are fighting for their 7-year-old daughter, who has not awoken after a violent crash in Brady Township, Butler County.

On June 5, Angelina Zamperini was riding in a classic Chevrolet along Route 8 near Turk Road with her grandparents. Police said a teenager heading in the opposite direction fell asleep at the wheel, crossed the center line and slammed head-on into their car.

The grandparents were rushed to UPMC Presbyterian Hospital, where they remain in critical care. Angelina was pinned inside the wreckage and has yet to wake up.

Angelina’s mother told Channel 4 Action News reporter Ari Hait that she waits by her hospital bed every day.

“I'm in there day in, day out. I don't leave. I stay in the room with her. . It's just ... I can't explain it. It's a nightmare,” said Beth Zamperini.

Angelina has a spinal injury, brain damage and a high fever. Doctors told her parents that her future is in question.

“I just want her back. I just want the little girl, the energetic girl that she was to be back,” said Zamperini.

Angelina is a competitive cheerleader and loves to play golf. The Pheasant Ridge Golf Course, where Angelina was learning to play, is holding a charity golf outing to raise money for her medical bills.

If you want to register or donate, go to PheasantRidgeGC.com.
    PheasantRidgeGC.com.
    Previous Stories:

* June 6, 2011: Police: Sleepy Driver To Blame For Classic Car Crash That Hurt 5

Read more: http://www.wtae.com/news/28239920/detail.html#ixzz1PMUI0IF2

Don't know if this was posted.

Police: Sleepy Driver To Blame For Classic Car Crash That Hurt 5

7-Year-Old Among Injured In Butler County Crash

BRADY TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- Police in Butler County said a sleepy driver is to blame for a crash that injured five people and damaged two classic cars.The crash happened Sunday evening on Route 8 in Brady Township.Police said a 17-year-old boy was driving a Toyota Camry when he fell asleep.The Camry crossed the highway and slammed into a 1951 Chevy Styleline, police said. At the same time, a 1940's Chevy tried to swerve to miss the Styleline but couldn't and hit the other vehicle.Witnesses said a 7-year-old child was trapped in the wreckage and was having trouble breathing."There was a little girl in one of the cars, pinned under the other, her grandmother, first thing was try to get out cause she was pinned underneath," said witness Blair Gantz.The girl was flown to Children's Hospital in Lawrenceville in critical condition.A 64-year-old man was also flown from the scene.Others with less serious injuries were taken by ambulance to local hospitals.

Read more: http://www.wtae.com/news/28144707/detail.html#ixzz1Oc9SbBln

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  2. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

That is a tragedy!! I hope everyone is okay!!

3. el shad

el shad

HORRIBLE! Hope they all, but especially the little girl, are ok.

4. gwarren007

gwarren007

The driver probably won't since he is 17, but whoever was in the car supervising him more than likely will get the charges as well as his parents being responsible for the crash/damage.

5. LOWLYDE

LOWLYDE

man that sucks, most important hope everyone pulls through!!!

but geez how fast was the impact? those old cars are really smashed up? that must of been one hell of a hit!

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

there's a good example of the safety built into new cars compared to our old iron. Camry driver probably walked away. stupid fuck.

7. A retired co-worker had the same kind of thing happen to him, car crossed the centerline. Wrecked his '38 Chevy and his wife was hurt. Both are back in good shape now.

I hope everyone has the proper insurance.

8. Damn, sucks to hear. You gotta have eyes in the back of your head and your neck on a swivel out there, and even that doesn't always help.

9. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

+10

just the other day i was driving down Tropicaire in north port, fl a two lane 45mph road, and the small pickup behind me just went totally into the oncoming lane all the way to the fog-line! by chance, no one was coming the other direction. it makes me want to sell my harley....

10. Pharouh

Pharouh

That's just awful. I hope everyone makes a speedy recovery.
    And I hope the kid gets charged with something. If you're that sleepy-DON'T DRIVE!

11. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

OMG....that is unbelievable! I certainly hope all are OK....that kids life is sure now forever changed.....DAMN!

12. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Put seat belts in your old cars, even if they are just lapbelts they will keep you in the car, article said a woman was pinned under one of the cars. I have lapbelts in a Model A and 60 Thunderbird, make sure the floor is good and use reinforcing plates at mounting points. Not much we can do about someone elses stupidity so we have to protect ourselves as much as possible.

13. Goodlife

Goodlife

Makes you stop and think when you see these kind of posts.It goes to show you can't ever be too careful and you never know what might happen. This kind of carelessness is why I sold my Harley.
    I hope the injured recover soon.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  14. smarg

smarg

Hopefully that kid in the Camry learns something BIG.

First few days everybody gets out school their wired and crazzy shizz happens.

Hope everyone that was injured has a speedy recovery.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  15. ToDieFor

ToDieFor
    from MN

Damn, this is terrible......

16. Gives me chills just looking at the photos. Best wishes for all involved. Very sad.

17. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

VERY true! Driving an old car is like driving a motorcycle, watch out for EVERYTHING......heck, we almost saw a guy on a vintage HD get side swiped by some kid's in a Ford ranger on Sunday and I saw it getting ready to happen and luckily the guy on the bike saw it to and backed off the throttle and let them 'squeeze' in the spot (which was about a car space, between the bike and an 18 wheeler)......They didn't even see the bike.......and I told the wife "Loud Pipes Save Lives"....

18. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

i took some seatbelts from a 64 chevy and installed them in my 62, chevy truck IMMEDIATELY after i bought it. driving without belts is really dangerous especially in old cars.

19. I put seat belts/shoulder harness out of a mid '70s full size Chevy pickup in my '38 Ford pickup. I wouldn't own or drive anything without seat belts now.

20. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

a mechanic friend i grew up with had a 58 Chev PU. he rolled it after a tire blew. he said: "good thing i was wearing my seatbelt." it doesn't take another vehicle to get into trouble with these old vehicles.

21. wow, thats terrible...hope everyone injured pulls through

22. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

weird stuff here - the chevy is hit on the pass. side & article says toyota crossed centerline & hit it - huh?

23. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

You have a point there. Maybe the Chevy swerved to the left when he saw the Toyota comming at him, and the Toyota then his the psgr side?

24. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

very sad. I'm going to play devils advocate here and say this was just a misfortunate accident. I'm sure the kid didnt want to doze off and didnt know or realize he was dozing off. I've been in the car with an ex-boyfriend where he just fell asleep within a matter of seconds. He could be a straight A student with no criminal record who grew up in a great family. Imagine how he feels emotionally after this accident. This kid is scarred for life now. I hope and pray that all make a full recovery. How very very sad for everyone involved.

25. I just hope everyone is going to be ok, that was a horrible accident.

26. DDlova

DDlova
    from Virginia

i wonder if the grandmother and little girl were riding in the backseat of the car?

27. I just bought a set of lap belts for my '51 at the Jalopy ShowDown, for this exact thing.
    Hope all make it out OK.
    NEVER take your eyes off the other cars for a second, those cars are really torn up, it's a miracle no one was killed!

28. ToDieFor

ToDieFor
    from MN

I replaced the crappy latch style seat belts with retractable's over the winter. Hated those damn things.

29. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Jeez, the Yota looks like it was going pretty fast when the kid "fell asleep". Hope they burn his little butt. And of course best wishes for the rodders. Gary

30. roddinron

roddinron

Family Fights For Child To Awake Following Violent Crash

Girl, 7, Injured In Brady Township Crash On June 5

POSTED: 10:18 pm EDT June 14, 2011
    UPDATED: 7:47 am EDT June 15, 2011

[​IMG] Email [​IMG] Print
    [​IMG] Comments (11)

[​IMG]

BRADY TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- Family members are fighting for their 7-year-old daughter, who has not awoken after a violent crash in Brady Township, Butler County.On June 5, Angelina Zamperini was riding in a classic Chevrolet along Route 8 near Turk Road with her grandparents. Police said a teenager heading in the opposite direction fell asleep at the wheel, crossed the center line and slammed head-on into their car.The grandparents were rushed to UPMC Presbyterian Hospital, where they remain in critical care. Angelina was pinned inside the wreckage and has yet to wake up.Angelina’s mother told Channel 4 Action News reporter Ari Hait that she waits by her hospital bed every day.“I'm in there day in, day out. I don't leave. I stay in the room with her. . It's just ... I can't explain it. It's a nightmare,” said Beth Zamperini.Angelina has a spinal injury, brain damage and a high fever. Doctors told her parents that her future is in question.“I just want her back. I just want the little girl, the energetic girl that she was to be back,” said Zamperini.Angelina is a competitive cheerleader and loves to play golf. The Pheasant Ridge Golf Course, where Angelina was learning to play, is holding a charity golf outing to raise money for her medical bills.If you want to register or donate, go to PheasantRidgeGC.com.
    Previous Stories:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.