Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Pictures from York

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40LUV, Jun 4, 2011.

1. RABs32

RABs32
    from new jersey

40 luv,Do you have any other shots of that blue 50 ford. I painted that car back in the late 90's at a shop I worked at and never got any really good shots of it.....Rich

2. RABs32

RABs32
    from new jersey

OOP's Forgot to post your shot with the car in it.....

Attached Files:

3. Larry W

Larry W
    from kansas

Hats off to the MSRA, We could all learn something from there service.

4. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Good pics, Thanks!

5. DAVEG2

DAVEG2

I was there all 3 days. They said 3,589 cars,so it was down a lot. Still it was a good show. Lots of nice cars. Can't wait for next year.

6. We opted for Thompson Gasser drags and 409 meet but got reports from friends while they were there in York. Hey those pics of the rough 37,38 chev coupes and the 37 sedan look real familiar, i saw them in my buddies garage a few months back and he called me today to tell me he sold the whole package, i see they are up for sale again.:)

7. joeybsyc

joeybsyc
    from PA

My dad, brother and a few friends all took our cars down for the weekend and had a great time. Weather was good, lots of high quality cars, and a nice relaxing weekend. This was my 5th year, and will be back again next year.

8. This was the first year I sat out in many many years, Walker screwed us and now he is paying!:)

9. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

I think the low car count is due to way too many shows close together........Its impossable in this economy to hit them all............All I can do is one big show a month

10. REBEL43

REBEL43
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from TENNESSEE

GREAT PIC'S Thanks for posting

11. Marcia

Marcia

Thanks for the great pics. I was there Friday and Saturday. Great weather, lots of cars. I didn't take many pictures but I found some great deals at the swap meet.

12. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

the 4 door fleetline is sweeet. so many nice cars, the east coast aint the same anymore. :D

13. olskool37

olskool37

It wasnt a bad show, but Ive seen better. I think gas prices had a bit to do with it as well.
    I for one almost sat out due to a $70 non-member registation fee. The NSRA wants to attract younger rodders out there, but most of them are looking at $70 as gas money for the next week...
    On top of that, theres no way a young rodder, has a snowballs chance in hell, of winning any kind of award. I watched in horror as just about every car that won an award was either a Chevy, or a Ford, with a 'glass Willys or two thrown in.
    Wheres an award for that 20-something year old thats been scraping all his sweat equity together to build something he's proud of. Or a trophy for a father of 3, who drives a primered 4 door Mopar, cuz he wants the kids to come along. Appearently, they're not worthy enough? BUT the guy who had his belly button 32 Ford Roadster 'built' by someone else and had all the best bells and whistles a credit card could buy.... he's worthy of an award. Wake up NSRA... the numbers are declining for a reason... (sorry for my opinion, go ahead and bash away)

14. nitrohemi

nitrohemi

exactly what olskool said. I guess we think alike cuase we live 3 miles from each other

15. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

Im not really going to take sides on this one ,I like the show because its close to home and ive been going since they held it in Timonium back in the 70's. I know that ALOT of the awards that were given out were not really picked by the NSRA guys. I saw 3 or 4 were parade picks, a couple of guys from Sweden picked a car and what they call the lady rodder pick ,and a bunch was picked by manufactuers and five pro picks.
    There was 15 picks by the reps and the safety guys. A guy from our club was picked in his pearl orange 40 chevy and its a driver that has seen over 100,000 miles over the last 35+ years. I know because I been following him.
    You are right that there are two many high dollar cars going through the awards. Its not supposed to be an award given to a nice car, but really the guy behind the wheel. Is he a real rodder / builder or just a guy with deep pockets that bought a car. You know the type that can't tell you anything about the car when you ask them. ..............Sorry for the ramble...........I feel better now.