Register now to get rid of these ads!

Uni Newbie in Mississippi

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Royal Uni, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Royal Uni

Royal Uni

Just happened upon a 61 Unibody Lwb on a farm last weekend. Not too bad on rust, fame is solid- and it was running tight. Got a 351W and a new rear end in it, new brakes and shocks, and all the glass is good. Snagged it for $800. Din't know crud about these trucks before I got it, but I've been living on this site all week- and I'm hooked. I'll get a couple pics up tonight, and I'm planning on taking some detailed pics tommorow.
    I plan on speedin her up a bit, and getting her cleaned up and painted. I'm not a frame-off resto guy (yet) but I think I can get it lookin good. Looking for a tailgate if anyone's got one, I know theyre available from D.Carpenter, but I'm a junker at heart.
    I've sped up a couple of second generation Camaro's in my past and I'm encouraged by the positive vibe in the slick community so far.
    Colin

Attached Files:

2. Colin,
    Great score.
    Welcome from Michigan.

3. Judd

Judd

Welcome from Gautier, MS. I think that tail gate is unique to the unibody trucks. Cool truck.

4. unibody

unibody

The tailgates are bad for rust and these trucks were used for working so a good one is hard to come by. Repops are 5 bills, you can build one fairly easy there are some threads on here on it, just do a search.

5. Stan Lee

Stan Lee

welcome from South Louisiana....nice score

6. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone

Welcome from Saint Louis!

7. Welcome from central Iowa!

8. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

welcome from the new orleans area