Register now to get rid of these ads!

1957-60 f100 cab/bed to frame mounts/pads and hardware

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56 ford custom, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Im looking for a kit that I can purchase so I can repkace all the rubber mounts for the radiator support,cab and bed aling with the nuts,bolts and washers. Where would I get a full kit? Also do I get original material or stainless or polished steel?

2. BigChief

BigChief

Have you looked at Mac's or LMC Truck? Google?

3. I have looked at macs but they dont list anything for my bed and a stylsideand Lmc i am having the same problem.

4. jonathan

jonathan
    from Phoenix,AZ

I know someone has them for the cab, because we got a set for a '58 we're finishing up. We probably got our's through So-Cal AZ, but they get them through one of the regular places anyhow. Not Stainless hardware though. Call LMC. For the bed, they used wood blocks as spacers. I doubt you'll find a hardware kit for the bed. The stock bolts are funky with a square drive. Just use a carriage bolt or a regular bolt. They did have wedge shaped washers for the four center bed bolts to coincide with the shape of the frame.

You only need three of the blocks. This is from a long bed . . .

[​IMG]

5. I will have ti check into that. I will see if I have room to take the bed off and see if the originals are still there.

6. Any suggestions fellas?

7. That is just the came to frame. I have a styleside not step side. Are tgey the same bolts?

8. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

may be give Dennis Carpenter a try

9. I will have to give that a try

10. Well i checked the site and I found the cab pad set for $50 but nothing for the short wide bed. Also they sell bolts,washers and nuts for the bed but I dont know which ones are needed for my truck.

11. I just went and checked my 60' and it has the wooden blocks like Jonathan had posted. Strange that they would come from the factory like that, but from what i have read, they did. I was planning on getting some hard wood and making some new ones for this one when body work time came.

As far as bolts, I would use carriage bolts like a couple of guys mentioned.

I took a couple of pics, hope this helps.

Jeff

12. I was just hoping sombody would sell a whole kit. So the bed needs wood blocks for underneath,then where do the pads go? Then I will need to get the bolts,nuts and the washers.

13. The only pads I have seen on this one in relation to body mounts were for the cab and radiator support. The wood blocks for the bed have no pads, they just sit on the frame and then the bed sits on them.

Jeff

14. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

The ones LMC sells are actually another brand. Let me look and find out where they originated. They are bolt, rubber pad, washers and nuts. I've only done my cab when I put the new mounts in.

Nobody that I can find sells the stuff for a box like ours. About all you will find for these boxes is the hinge.

My plans are to go with stainless button head allen bolts for the box.

SPark

15. LM14, So where did you get the radiator support pads bolts and nuts? Also did you get the cab mounts and hardware from the same place?

16. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

The cab kits came from LMC but are manfactured by somebody else, I'll check to see who it was. It all comes as a kit (pads, bolts, washers, nuts and a crude instruction sheet).

For the radiator, it's just a 1/2" threaded stud with a jam nut on my '57. It was original when I took mine apart and cleaned up and reused. Pads from LMC again. Basically a square piece of rubber belting.

Re-used the box kit for now, mine will be off again and new wood will go in the last time it goes together.

SPark

17. Ok cool, I appreciate it. Vintage ford sells a stainless or polished bolt kit. Is it really worth it?

18. papaford60

papaford60
    from illinois

I bought mine at lmc, they fit my 60 style side perfect, I'll see if I can find a part # for ya

19. papaford60

papaford60
    from illinois

radiator mt kits thru lmc part # is 43-0954 9.95
    cab mount kits part # 40-0120 59.95

20. Hey papaford60, are you talking about the cab or the bed to frame kit?

21. hershambob

hershambob