Register now to get rid of these ads!

can someone check my new ride out?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by big hugh ness, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Dudes. Hold onto yer hats. I think we're back in business! Just deciphering an email which arrived less than five minutes ago. It sounds like they have passed the car! :)
    More info to come in a tick. I just have to duck down and tell the wife!

2. Little Terry

Little Terry

So, what's the news????

3. crankyf1

crankyf1
    from Australia

Come on Big Hugh Ness, your killing us, come on bring on the good news. My fingers are crossed for you. hope this is all starting to go your way.

4. These words are music to my ears. From the actual email:
    "I can confirm that R***** H**** (Administrator of Vehicle Standards) signed the Approval as identified below on 2 June 2011 (the original Test and Evaluation approval documents have also been mailed to you)."

O' Happy Days!!! More to come!

5. Little Terry

Little Terry

Congratulations man. That must be a relief!

LT.

6. robleticia

robleticia

Thank God! Now he can change that avatar!!! HAHA! Hope it works out for ya!

7. We gotta see wharf shots Big Hugh. Kongratulations!

8. 19vegas56

19vegas56

Just found & read your post. Really glad the gov't asswipes didn't completely screw up your dream car. Best of luck with it.

9. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

Uh, if it is this Buick, then it is listed on Ebay auction # 220791387404

I couldn't see it from the original link.

Hope this works out, I reaally likes the lines on them.

cheers!

10. you better call the seller asap and make sure he hasn't sold it....good luck, I deal with the same shit here in Norway.....Hans

11. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

awesome ,let the fun begin

12. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

I've been following this saga, I am very pleased for you! Its a bit easier here in the UK but getting harder by the day.

David

13. Zykotec

Zykotec

Great news, well, if he's not selling it to someone else. Why did they suddenly change their mind?

14. We are working on changing teh laws here in Norway, hoping to get something equal to Sweden's rules. we have made some progress this year, but will be a year at least before things can change....Hans

15. Yup, listed ... no bids yet. Ends the 5th. Get ahold of him FAST !!

PS: I hope it is ok. I took the liberty of sending the seller a ? on the ebay listing, saying you got approval to import the car.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  16. Fingers crossed for you brother, I still worry that the authorities at the Aussie port are gonna shit when they see it arrive . Don't get me wrong ,I'm really hoping it works out for you.

17. Heheh, no worries. Have already made contact with seller. Still have a couple of answers to please importer such as clarification of engine number and vin number. The final hurdles...

18. greenblood

greenblood

Geez mate this is epic, Pay a HAMBer to tow it to L.A. My experience with the standard transport mobs there dont like the big cars, they take up 2 spots on the truck and they stuffed me around for weeks. Cheap but nasty

19. Good luck with things up Norway way (?) mate.
    A bit premature with the celebrations, unfortunately, dudes, as the curtain finally comes down. Seems there is a complication with the vin number. Its not coming up as a Buick. The dept. has decided that the car is a super convertible roadmaster (which it isn't) and they have asked me to confirm the drivetrain matches roadmaster specs, which it doesn't.

They have, however, taken some time in explaining their reasoning and I will have to accept their decision. In the end, Dotars put forward a case to me that was very logical, especially from their point of view.

I have to let the car go. I've made my peace with the department and have explained all this to the seller, who has accepted it graciously. In fact, we have become good friends out of this, and that is something...just a shame it dragged on for a period of time which rivaled the dinosaurs dynasty. Thanks for all your good wishes. It was ambitious. In hindsight, a little too ambitious...

I am gonna spend all night getting shitfaced and then I will feel better. Thanks guys and gals.

20. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

sorry to hear,they'll be others

21. Blackcat333

Blackcat333

Sorry to hear about that Big H. I'll have a cold one in honor of you too!

22. phat rat

phat rat

That's interesting that it's up on there again. I smell scam

23. Zykotec

Zykotec

Finish some beers, find a decent FJ, chop it drastically and make full fadeaway fenders. It'll make you feel better and you'll have something different on the HAMB :) I'm quite sure my first on-topic car won't be american made, but I'm still looking within the borders for a nice project :)

24. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

kind of a wonder you couldn't import it as "parts" ? I know things are strange down there, A few years ago A friend had an antique airplane that required 10 gauge shot shells to start the motor, couldn't get them. Not allowed even with no projectile. Weird. And I think New Jersey is silly.

Sorry to hear, I'll hoist A Cold One for the effort!

25. robleticia

robleticia

This has been an emotional roller coaster for sure! Hang in there bud, there is plenty more hot rods out there!

26. GaryC.

GaryC.

I can recommend HotRodTim here on the HAMB if you need a vehicle transported to LA.
    He trailered a hot rod for me. It actually came from Georgia and I was very happy with his communication throughout the process. He delivered the car as advertised and did it with great courtesy, honesty and in a brand new rig. Quality fellow and quality job!

Sorry to hear it didn't work out.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  27. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Just a thought, there is a 1950 Buick quite similar to this car, (except the chop) on the Hawaii Craigslist, and we're nearly neighbors, kinda sorta. I can take a look at it for you if you'd like. Eli

28. Thanks heaps, guys. Back to the hunt!

29. Sorry to hear the news but
    good luck with the new search,...hope the hangover is not too bad

30. ausbuick

ausbuick

OMG man what a bloody story.............