Register now to get rid of these ads!

Parking meters

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 52kiwi, Jun 3, 2011.

1. 52kiwi

52kiwi

Ok whos got a parking meter in there garage.Just got 2 so would like some ideas.:cool:

2. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Sounds like it might get kind of expensive.

3. not if you use a popsickle stick.

4. 52kiwi

52kiwi

172648716.jpg
    this is for Holden Parking only.

5. Of all the auto related stuff we see here, ive never seen meters. I wouldnt mind a couple myself. Gotter be cheaper than an old petrol bowser.

6. i wouldnt bet on it jeff. there was one at the local swap meet last year and the guy said the councils were told to destroy the old meters when the electronic ones came in (could have been BS to try an sell me the meter tho:rolleyes:)

7. 52kiwi

52kiwi

Paid $35 a coat of paint a sticker and look at what I got .Gona make a Chevy one next then one to match my car satin black with the red top and a bit of pin stripe.

8. maybe the bloke was spinnin shit:rolleyes: but it was a chrome mechanical type tho so maybe they're what he was talkin bout

9. Here's mine. The green Duncan meter came from my former hometown of St. Albans, WV. It has serial number tag #2 and was removed from service in the 1960's. The grey Duncan came from South Charleston, WV and was removed from service in the late 70's. Each has a matching Duncan Fine-O-Meter box for traffic tickets and payment to be placed. The Fine-O-Meter boxes are somewhat scarce, as often there would be 100 meters for each fine box. The silver Mark-Time meter was given to me several years ago by a good friend. I don't know it's history, but I plan to restore it this summer and display it in the garage with the others.

Jim

Attached Files:

10. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've always wanted one for my bedroom:cool:

11. ToDieFor

ToDieFor
    from MN

I'de put 'em in my yard next to the curb and make some money off my friends. :cool: Pretent like I'm mad that the city put 'em in my yard... :D

12. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

My dad has a parking meter that was turned into a table lamp.

13. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Is this gonna be the same sorta sitiyation as follows:

Ya see......What we have got here is a failure to communicate,...... ya see?

Put him in the box boys.

14. Each time I would go into my shop I would add dimes. At the end of the year I had accumulated enough money to take the misses out for dinner.

Attached Files:

15. Silverdoc

Silverdoc
    from Missouri

The Hot Rod Grille:

Would ya be interested in selling one of your Duncan Fine-O-Meter boxes? Or, would you know anyone that has one they'd get rid of? Anyone else out there have one to sell?

16. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

I have two of these I bought off E-bay and they are really easy to restore. I recommend to have them blasted and powder coated. You can buy the new tags also. I would not pay more than $100.00 for one of these used fine boxes.

17. Silverplate

Silverplate

18. harley rider

harley rider

here's one in my drive way.

Attached Files:

19. zzford

zzford

I've got one. I don't know what brand it is. It's stuck under the car from the last time my wife went shopping.

20. pumpman

pumpman

My wife claims that I spend more time in here then with her, so installed this!

Attached Files:

21. jcapps

jcapps
    from SoCal

got two one on a shelf and the other in the corner...............waiting to see ideas here

22. 56Firedome

56Firedome

I have the same one as pic# 5 in my backyard. Mine is red. Very nice collection ya got there!

23. reymaq

reymaq
    from Mexico

i am interes in your parking meter please sendme more information, i need all than you have

24. reymaq

reymaq
    from Mexico

hi i need the parking meters please snedme more information over them

thanks

manuel galvan

25. Ha, ha, ha!
    Reminds me how the early (late 60's?) Coke pop tops could be pulled off the tab and the "ring" was exactly the size of a dime! Plugged many a meter ...

Maybe shouldn't admit this youthful prank in these days of mandatory sentencing, NSA and all such?

26. DrJ

DrJ

27. toolman1967

toolman1967

I picked up one at an antique shop last year, paid 65 bucks for it. I disassembled it, polished all the aluminum parts and installed it on a stand. I love having all the auto related stuff in the shop.

Tim the Toolman