Register now to get rid of these ads!

Long time lurker/Tudor A

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by pistol'pete, Jun 2, 2011.

1. pistol'pete

pistol'pete

I have trolled around the site for a while now, but havent had a ride so kept to the side lines. Thought I should introduce myself, names Pete, live in Ontario Canada, like cars, music and hate the winters.

Recently brought this back from western Canada, '30 Tudor A. Basic build plans; traditional as possible without taking it too serious. I have front and rear axles/suspension from a '40 Ford as well as a F1 wheel/column/box I plan to use. Plan on a 4" drop axle up front, and a 3.5-4" drop in the rear. Looking for an 8BA or 59A, no big plans engine wise, stock as possible to get me on the road, then with time and money see what it will become. Anyone within a decent drive have a line on one let me know, picken's are pretty slim around here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks alot cleaner in the pictures then it is, although no real rust issues, just the previous, previous owners attempts to patch/repair some issues. That and frying the whole electrical system jumping it with a 12V negative ground.:(

2. steves29

steves29

Hi Pete. I too am in Ont. I also am working on a Model A. Had original rusty 29 tudor. I was slowly restoring it until the traditional rod bug bit me. When I figure out how to post pics here I will show the progress... 53 flathead fenderless 29 pickup. Enough about me. This forum is excellent. Wish there were more members here in Ontario.

3. old tin 38

old tin 38

Welcome Pete. Looks like a great start.Make it road safe and keep it fun

4. Hello and welcome from Iowa!

5. pistol'pete

pistol'pete

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. OldTin, that's the plan, I would love to be able to take the daughter out in it, so safety is job#1.

Cheers!